North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(12 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote [ -> ]idiot. mind you own business and keep you opions to you self.

How on earth do you come up with that??

I mentioned that a tweet had been deleted!
Which Pointer Darts Might come to south shields does any one Know if and when this will take place. Regards Robin
(13 Feb 2014, 9:39 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote [ -> ]Which Pointer Darts Might come to south shields does any one Know if and when this will take place. Regards Robin

No surprise to see service 33 being cut and therefore some Darts will be freed up. It should be more or less 2 buses, and therefore will be used to flush out 2 more of the ALX200's still in use around the region.
Is it The Ones that went from Sunderland to Newcastle Before Christmas. Regards Robin
(13 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote [ -> ]Is it The Ones that went from Sunderland to Newcastle Before Christmas. Regards Robin

Nobody knows for certain what they will do. They might keep 2 Darts and decide to get rid of 2 MANs instead. We'll have to wait and see, Stagecoach NE keep their cards pretty close to their chest, indeed nobody knows what is on order for this year (bar the Gas E300s) yet and not even the group order has been announced!

The network is very stable and that shows in their passenger loadings, though NE are less forward thinking than other divisions, choosing instead to carefully expand through small additions. Just look at how slow they've been to pick up on wi-fi etc!
They provide what passengers want first and foremost, a professionally run, reliable bus service.

Hopefully in time they'll look to pick up on what other divisions have, like a Gold branded service etc
(13 Feb 2014, 9:57 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Nobody knows for certain what they will do. They might keep 2 Darts and decide to get rid of 2 MANs instead. We'll have to wait and see, Stagecoach NE keep their cards pretty close to their chest, indeed nobody knows what is on order for this year (bar the Gas E300s) yet and not even the group order has been announced!

The network is very stable and that shows in their passenger loadings, though NE are less forward thinking than other divisions, choosing instead to carefully expand through small additions. Just look at how slow they've been to pick up on wi-fi etc!
They provide what passengers want first and foremost, a professionally run, reliable bus service.

Hopefully in time they'll look to pick up on what other divisions have, like a Gold branded service etc

I'm positive the information regarding this year's orders has made it to some members of the North East enthusiast community - probably down to people being told to keep it quiet.

Indeed a post was made a week or two ago mentioning that depots are now aware of winning bids...
Any one going to opening day tomorrow?

I cant make it, Sad
(13 Feb 2014, 10:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any one going to opening day tomorrow?

I cant make it, Sad

My "dentist appointment" has been arranged...just two days after the real one.

Nip back home for my camera and then get myself to the depot for a ride on one of the gas buses, get a few photos, run back home to drop the camera off and head back to school. Subway for my dinner, I think! Wink
(13 Feb 2014, 10:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'm positive the information regarding this year's orders has made it to some members of the North East enthusiast community - probably down to people being told to keep it quiet.

Indeed a post was made a week or two ago mentioning that depots are now aware of winning bids...

Oh yes I'm sure it has, albeit nothing has been formally announced yet. Tongue
(13 Feb 2014, 10:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any one going to opening day tomorrow?

I cant make it, Sad

I shall be attending due to one of my lecturers cancelling a lecture. Quite a blessing really. I'll be enroute to the Wheatsheaf straight after 13:10PM tomorrow Big Grin
(13 Feb 2014, 10:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]My "dentist appointment" has been arranged...just two days after the real one.

Nip back home for my camera and then get myself to the depot for a ride on one of the gas buses, get a few photos, run back home to drop the camera off and head back to school. Subway for my dinner, I think! Wink

I'm popping there first thing (getting the 0923 X7 from Stockton, after a quick morning photoing bit in Stockton for the Macmillan 58s Wink ) then back into the city to hunt down the only non-DDA MAN at Sunderland - 22196.
(13 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I'm popping there first thing (getting the 0923 X7 from Stockton, after a quick morning photoing bit in Stockton for the Macmillan 58s Wink ) then back into the city to hunt down the only non-DDA MAN at Sunderland - 22196.

Think 22196 was on the 12 the other day, not sure though
(13 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I'm popping there first thing (getting the 0923 X7 from Stockton, after a quick morning photoing bit in Stockton for the Macmillan 58s Wink ) then back into the city to hunt down the only non-DDA MAN at Sunderland - 22196.

Really? Tongue
(13 Feb 2014, 10:18 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Really? Tongue

Should be the only one I need :p
(13 Feb 2014, 10:18 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Really? Tongue

Still banging on about 22196?!

Trust me Tony, it's nowt special. One of the worst at Sunderland - wants scrapping! Wink
(13 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Still banging on about 22196?!

Trust me Tony, it's nowt special. One of the worst at Sunderland - wants scrapping! Wink

Don't get him started on the lack of investment and DDA deadlines, we'll be here all night Dodgy
(13 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Still banging on about 22196?!

Trust me, it's not that special after my discovery today, it's just one decent photograph required then it can disappear for scrap if it likes Wink
(13 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Don't get him started on the lack of investment and DDA deadlines, we'll be here all night Dodgy

Only on the subject of Stockton depot Dodgy - but if the stories are true, a start has been made Wink
(13 Feb 2014, 10:22 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Only on the subject of Stockton depot Dodgy - but if the stories are true, a start has been made Wink

Is 25 the number of interest at the moment?
(13 Feb 2014, 10:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Is 25 the number of interest at the moment?

At the moment, the number is different when asked about - I've had 15 and 20 quoted at me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16