North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(14 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm)mattdw92 wrote [ -> ]Guided tours were also given of the Gas facilities and details about future investment to push for 80 Gas E300, plus info on Gas E400 opportunity. Well rehearsed by staff. Second Ride a Gas shuttles had photo opportunity on route as well as some blind fun later on. Was well organised with management and HO present explaining about the buses, plus all the regular freebees, with Gas related items too. Managed to stay till end which I didn't see coming. Throughly enjoyable day.

I have to echo your sentiments Matt, was a great day and I can only hope the same organisation goes into the Open Day at Stockton later this year.
I've e-mailed the Marketing Manager of Stagecoach North East expressing my gratitude on behalf of the entire forum. Smile

She e-mailed me last year to alert me of the event, as you are all likely to remember, so seemed appropriate to e-mail her with our thanks.
Gonna sound random...

Do they still have their new bus smell?
(15 Feb 2014, 10:14 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Gonna sound random...

I didn't think they did, though I did have a bit of a blocked nose.
(15 Feb 2014, 10:15 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I didn't think they did, though I did have a bit of a blocked nose.

=(, wish i could of made it.

Least they should enter service near end of this month/start of next month. =D
(15 Feb 2014, 10:14 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Gonna sound random...

They do.
(15 Feb 2014, 10:27 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]They do.

=D, the 56 still has it to.

Be interesting to see how many people notice its different than all the other buses in Sunderland, expectantly the passengers on the 16 and 20 routes.

My brother who knows nothing about buses... noticed one the other day because he said it looked smart and stood out.
Without going back a few posts what the routes they planned for again??
(15 Feb 2014, 11:38 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]Without going back a few posts what the routes they planned for again??

28001 - 28017 (the examples which were shown at the Open Day yesterday) are to be allocated to services 16 and 20 from next month.
28018 - 28040, which are expected to be delivered from May 2014, will be allocated to services 3 and 13.
(15 Feb 2014, 11:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]28001 - 28017 (the examples which were shown at the Open Day yesterday) are to be allocated to services 16 and 20 from next month.
28018 - 28040, which are expected to be delivered from May 2014, will be allocated to services 3 and 13.

And to add to that, from what I got from speaking to management yesterday was that Sunderland is seriously being looked for further gas bus investment beyond that, with a view of potentially becoming a 100% gas bus depot.
(15 Feb 2014, 11:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]28001 - 28017 (the examples which were shown at the Open Day yesterday) are to be allocated to services 16 and 20 from next month.

Thanks Dan. I was on my phone at the time so it would of took a while to find it.
(15 Feb 2014, 2:06 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]And to add to that, from what I got from speaking to management yesterday was that Sunderland is seriously being looked for further gas bus investment beyond that, with a view of potentially becoming a 100% gas bus depot.

That would be brill, expensive of course
Who does a bus launch and then have to wait until another month before their go out on service?, if the bus launch was Friday gone then the new buses should of been put into service Monday coming, at this length of time their should do the launch at Easter time.
(15 Feb 2014, 8:47 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Who does a bus launch and then have to wait until another month before their go out on service?, if the bus launch was Friday gone then the new buses should of been put into service Monday coming, at this length of time their should do the launch at Easter time.

They'd have them out tomorrow if they could, but it's a bit useless without having the facility to refuel them. Not entirely sure what the delay is/was with the fuel station mind. We were told yesterday that they're having to use facilities in Darlington to refuel the buses in the interim, which is why C265XEF had seen 28005 in Durham of all places.
Stockton's E300 24113 has been involved in a RTC on Oxford Road in Hartlepool while working the 36. Photo here (if it works) (From Incidents on Teesside)
darn that looks nasty!
Had a random chat with Phil Medlicott at the open day. Seems a nice guy, resisted asking him about quality contracts/nexus as much as I could and I got the free goodie bag. Lovely event (even though I got there for 2:30PM), a member of the engineering team was available to show me around the gas buses Smile.
(15 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Stockton's E300 24113 has been involved in a RTC on Oxford Road in Hartlepool while working the 36. Photo here (if it works) (From Incidents on Teesside)
May look bad at initial glance but the sub frame doesn't look twisted. T-cut fibreglass, new clusters, bumper and battery door and sorted. Be back out in a week or two if they put their mind to it....
(15 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]They'd have them out tomorrow if they could, but it's a bit useless without having the facility to refuel them. Not entirely sure what the delay is/was with the fuel station mind. We were told yesterday that they're having to use facilities in Darlington to refuel the buses in the interim, which is why C265XEF had seen 28005 in Durham of all places.

The facilities in Darlington are said to be the temporary portable fuelling tank in Arriva's Faverdale depot.
Just read last nights Sunderland Echo and there is a feature on page 3 of the new vehicles.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer Katie from Southend on page 3 Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16