North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Don't know how true this info is but it's from a reliable source. Enviro 400 10000 currently on Loan from Manchester could be spending 3 days on trial for service x34 to test engine and performance between boldon and felling bypass as it's a rare chance to have engine performing at maximum rpm. No Idea how much truth is in this and no doubt I will be corrected but he seemed to know what he was saying. Provisional date around April time. Again I can't verify or confirm but thought I would get the groups opinions see if there's any weight to it

Best wishes

Chris
(28 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote [ -> ]Dan. Is Any of the Sunderland Mans going to south shields. Have Seen Picture of 22463 taken in Stockton. Is that the first one to go. Regards Robin

Not sure on transfers yet, only confirmed one is 22463 so far.
(28 Feb 2014, 4:29 am)ADLEnviro wrote [ -> ]Bit of history behind this Dan, I'm not showing my age here mind.

This is historical for Sunderland, goes back to the 70s when the point inspector in the Central Bus Station would blow his whistle spot on 11pm and every last bus would shut its doors and race to the outer estates and back to either Hylton Road or Fulwell depots and in later years the Wheatshef. This practice today operates from Fawcett Street, not sure if you still have the inspector with the whistle mind.

I remember this, the buses would sit on their respective stands with the drivers revving up their engines. As soon as the Inspector blew the whistle, it looked like the drivers were competing to be the first the reach the narrow exits - I'm surprised there weren't any pile-ups!

I'm not old enough to remember anything further back (honestly!) but I've been told by elderly relatives that this tradition actually had it roots back in the days of the tram when there would be a line-up of trams in Fawcett Street waiting for the whistle to send some northwards towards Southwick, Fulwell and Seaburn and some southwards towards Villette Road, Grangetown, Durham Road or Kayll Road.

Regards
David P
Dan. There is an Odd 19... sitting in South Shields Depot The afternoon is it one off newcastles buses come to stay at Chichester depot. Regards Robin
(01 Mar 2014, 8:00 pm)Robinwtait.19 wrote [ -> ]Dan. There is an Odd 19... sitting in South Shields Depot The afternoon is it one off newcastles buses come to stay at Chichester depot. Regards Robin

Howay Dan? Explanation?! :p
(01 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Howay Dan? Explanation?! :p

Anyone else?

[Image: crystal-ball.jpg]
On a completely unrelated note, Stagecoach in Sunderland are daring to dream...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgraha...otostream/
(01 Mar 2014, 9:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]On a completely unrelated note, Stagecoach in Sunderland are daring to dream...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgraha...otostream/

That's brill!

#Daretodream!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12863252325/ - Dan was this the houses u were on about on Grindon lane?

If so that's the new estate, they built the houses on their after they knocked the old Broadway School down in the area
As we had a chat about the gas buses and what will happen on a Sunday with them i can confirm that the 5A and 23 just past my house and are both normal E200's working today, both how ever are 63 reg ones... these are heading towards the town
(02 Mar 2014, 8:46 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]That's brill!

#Daretodream!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12863252325/ - Dan was this the houses u were on about on Grindon lane?

If so that's the new estate, they built the houses on their after they knocked the old Broadway School down in the area

I hadn't actually noticed it when taking the photograph, just noticed something on top of the building when I looked at it. Really is great to see everyone's spirits so high in Sunderland right now.

Yeah, those were the Monopoly Houses I was referring to! Tongue
(02 Mar 2014, 9:47 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I hadn't actually noticed it when taking the photograph, just noticed something on top of the building when I looked at it. Really is great to see everyone's spirits so high in Sunderland right now.

Yeah, those were the Monopoly Houses I was referring to! Tongue

It is, can't for 2pm, wish i was down London, Sunderland fans took it over last night!

Thought they were Tongue, its a nice little estate although not sure if its part of Springwell or Grindon.
(28 Feb 2014, 7:27 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Stagecoach North East fleet list updated. I have only updated the fleet lists to show 21104's removal from the fleet, 22066 losing its sub-branding for service 37 following repaint, 22666/735 having gained a rear advertisement for Southmoor Academy and the gas buses entering service. I will update the ALX300 cascades/withdrawals upon publication of Stagecoach North East's fleet cards (or if anyone on here has a complete list?) - make my life easier. Wink

Sorry were going back but when does stagecoach publish their fleet cards?
(02 Mar 2014, 9:51 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]wish i was down London, Sunderland fans took it over last night!

A bit OTT there Michael I think Tongue
(02 Mar 2014, 10:10 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]A bit OTT there Michael I think Tongue

Maybe but have u not seen the pictures... fans just took up all of the streets.

Even Ellis Short (owner) was out getting drunk with the supporters haha

Even if we loose don't care, least we got their!
(02 Mar 2014, 10:07 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sorry were going back but when does stagecoach publish their fleet cards?

Should be released at some point next week. Smile
(02 Mar 2014, 10:15 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Should be released at some point next week. Smile

Thanks Smile
(02 Mar 2014, 9:42 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]As we had a chat about the gas buses and what will happen on a Sunday with them i can confirm that the 5A and 23 just past my house and are both normal E200's working today, both how ever are 63 reg ones... these are heading towards the town

Gas E300s are operating on the 3s/16s/20s
Everything else appears to be E200 operated.
(02 Mar 2014, 10:17 am)dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]Gas E300s are operating on the 3s/16s/20s

Least their out on the 20, not like on a evening
(02 Mar 2014, 10:17 am)dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]Gas E300s are operating on the 3s/16s/20s

28014 on service 3:
[Image: 12882258555_c9d516e355_z.jpg]

28002 on service 3 (and note the defective destination display):
[Image: 12882690404_9a1af51452_z.jpg]

Attached a clearer shot of the #daretodream banner for the Mackems too.. Wink
[attachment=5289]
Just wondering if the new E300's in Sunderland run by tears? Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17