North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(12 Apr 2015, 12:58 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I'll change the 1 to standard spec Smile 

Yeah that'll make more sense.
The 1 could definitely do with new buses though. E200's possibly.
(12 Apr 2015, 12:58 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah that'll make more sense.

Do ASC have E200s that could be displaced this/next year? Or do you mean new ones? 
(12 Apr 2015, 12:58 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah that'll make more sense.

I'd like to see the new E200 in the North East with Arriva
(12 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Do ASC have E200s that could be displaced this/next year? Or do you mean new ones? 

Yeah I mean new ones. 
(12 Apr 2015, 1:02 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Yeah I mean new ones. 

If this is anything to go by and these buses are reliable, ANE could get one on demonstration on the 1/2/X14/33/57/57A routes.

Also the QRG window system might be a 'good point' for the E200MMC too.
On Sundays should the 5A passengers be dropped off at Northgate and Tubwell Row then the bus goes back to Northgate to start the 19 to Faverdale depot or should it wait at Northgate until the 19 departure time still with the 5A passengers on-board then round to Tubwell Row as the latter has just happened to me and I am not happy about it.
(12 Apr 2015, 1:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On Sundays should the 5A passengers be dropped off at Northgate and Tubwell Row then the bus goes back to Northgate to start the 19 to Faverdale depot or should it wait at Northgate until the 19 departure time still with the 5A passengers on-board then round to Tubwell Row as the latter has just happened to me and I am not happy about it.

I would assume that the 5a passengers got dropped off first on Northgate and Tubwell Row then it goes back to Northgate and starts the 19.

However just dropping off on Northgate, sound like plain laziness to me.
(12 Apr 2015, 1:24 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I would assume that the 5a passengers got dropped off first on Northgate and Tubwell Row then it goes back to Northgate and starts the 19.

However just dropping off on Northgate, sound like plain laziness to me.
I believe it should drop off 5A passengers first then head back to Northgate to start the 19 as the 5A should terminate at Tubwell Row before the 19 should leave Northgate.

Not happy missed a shot of an EcoCity on the 76A and only JUST caught a shot of the Sapphire Enviro going round Darlington Town Centre.
Sapphire liveried 7534 (NK15ACF) seen in Darlington this afternoon.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...121631715/
(12 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I believe it should drop off 5A passengers first then head back to Northgate to start the 19 as the 5A should terminate at Tubwell Row before the 19 should leave Northgate.

Not happy missed a shot of an EcoCity on the 76A and only JUST caught a shot of the Sapphire Enviro going round Darlington Town Centre.
On the RTC, it shows to drop off at Northgate, then Tubwell, then return back to Northgate.
(12 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm)MrPottski wrote [ -> ]On the RTC, it shows to drop off at Northgate, then Tubwell, then return back to Northgate.
Thought that was the case.

Shouldn't be a problem from next month when the 19 will no longer pick up at Northgate.
(12 Apr 2015, 3:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Thought that was the case.

Shouldn't be a problem from next month when the 19 will no longer pick up at Northgate.

I believe from next month, the 5A will continue as the short Morton Park Service 12 instead, every hour. The times seem to fit.

The 19 looks like it will interwork with the Sapphire 7, possibly instead of running dedicated shuttles. Again, the times fit perfectly.

The two hourly Hurworth 12 also sits perfectly in the layover of the Sunday two hourly X75.

Its some pretty efficient (and sensible) vehicle workings!

On rough calculations, it appears that one vehicle is saved on a Sunday from May (the current Service 12 bus), but that is possibly reinvested into the 13A/13B, which looks like a Sunday frequency increase.
(12 Apr 2015, 6:08 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]I believe from next month, the 5A will continue as the short Morton Park Service 12 instead, every hour. The times seem to fit.

The 19 looks like it will interwork with the Sapphire 7, possibly instead of running dedicated shuttles. Again, the times fit perfectly.

The two hourly Hurworth 12 also sits perfectly in the layover of the Sunday two hourly X75.

Its some pretty efficient (and sensible) vehicle workings!

On rough calculations, it appears that one vehicle is saved on a Sunday from May (the current Service 12 bus), but that is possibly reinvested into the 13A/13B, which looks like a Sunday frequency increase.
Just had a look and it seems you could be right there as they all fit in perfectly.

I'm sure there will be some comments about a Sapphire bus being used on the 19 although the 19 is basically just a crew bus that normal passengers can use.
(12 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm)Andrew Stopford wrote [ -> ]Anyone know what's happening here?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thespian/1...otostream/
Probably just buses heading back to Belmont depot.
(12 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm)Andrew Stopford wrote [ -> ]Anyone know what's happening here?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thespian/1...otostream/

Fitter driving it (and the other one) but if you say there were 3 or 4 all together, I'm intrigued!
I'll see what I can find out.... They're not due to be replaced just yet
(12 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Probably just buses heading back to Belmont depot.

I think they were headed away from the depot.
(12 Apr 2015, 9:48 pm)Andrew Stopford wrote [ -> ]I think they were headed away from the depot.

They appear to be heading towards Belmont - the old Durham Depot has been closed for over two years now and was knocked down a good while ago.
Some of the sapphire streetlites entered service today, it was allocated to service 24. Have plans changed yet again?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N...otostream/
The bus I'm on has a notice of lower fares on the 56, but only for Coundon Village and Leeholme? Between those points and Bishop Auckland bus station will drop to £1.70 single/£3.20 return.

Is this in competition with the GNE OK way service or something? I don't know the area that well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28