North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(04 Apr 2015, 8:25 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not just limited to Arriva, but there is Christmas to think about too.
Every year, the same posts are made on social media pages (I can't see it being limited to just that either) from workers of some kind, complaining they cannot get to major employment centres, due to the lack of public transport.
Boxing Day being the big one especially as most shops are open on Boxing Day but people from let's say Aycliffe have no way of getting to say Darlington due to the lack of bus and train services so how these shops get people to come into work is a miracle unless they have employed a reasonable number of staff who can drive and are willing to work Boxing Day.
Either way, complaining about a bus being late isn't going to make it on time. Running a bus company isn't as easy as some people seem to think it is and that goes for driving buses too...
(04 Apr 2015, 8:08 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]It wasn't Friday loadings, have you seen the average X21 loadings between Newcastle and Ashington?

Not even a single decker full. 

I counted around seven people on top and bottom decks.

I can slate Arriva all I want, I'm not the one running a 306, 46 minutes late. I'm not the one running Sapphire buses, of which Arriva staff don't give a toss about if the power sockets, wifi and NSAs don't work.

And no, I won't try driving an Enviro400 on the X21, probably because I'm 13. Thank you very much.

I'd probably have to disagree here, after I made my post a few months ago about the small loadings on  non-peak X21's, I have noticed a small increase. Even so, yesterday you would have had all the normal holiday passengers travelling on two buses instead of six, which will cause delays.

Would be interesting to see if the X21/22 has grown anymore according to Arriva like. 
(04 Apr 2015, 8:27 am)Multi21 wrote [ -> ] Sapphire drivers aren't bus fitters they don't fix buses they drive them.  When the buses aren't working properly ie Wifi Plug Sockets do you think you are the only one to tell him?  The reason he "doesn't give a toss"  is because he probably already knows about it and has already tried to fix it numerous times.  

I highly doubt that the 306 would have been running 46 minutes late without a good reason or for very long 

Average loading is 7-8 people...  Where everytime I've been on it it's been half full at least when we reached Ashington!  

As for being 13 doesn't the Forum rules dictate you must be at least 16 to post? If not maybe we should think about Bringing it in 

I haven't told the driver about such things not working, I've told the supervisor. He said and I quote; "As long as the tyres and engine are working, it's a minor problem".

However if I call GNE on a 0191 number, about wifi not working, they'll try their very best to resolve the problem. Arriva just sit around.

I sincerely hope that GNE reenter Ashington and Northumberland, I'll certainly be using them.

As for being 13, no, I'm allowed on the forum. Maybe the forum rules might want to stop autistic members joining too? 

I will consider liking Arriva again, if they get their act together. I'm the one paying £7 for a DaySaver for sh***y buses which don't look like they've been cleaned since they've been bought.

As for you being an Arriva driver, enjoy your free bus travel, it won't be long until I inform Arriva of your actions toward other forum members.  

All the best,
Tommy
Will-be Go North East customer
(04 Apr 2015, 8:50 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]As for you being an Arriva driver, enjoy your free bus travel, it won't be long until I inform Arriva of your actions toward other forum members.  

All the best,
Tommy

He's done nothing wrong at all, apart from voice his opinions so I think it's a disgrace your threatening to inform Arriva?
(04 Apr 2015, 8:50 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I haven't told the driver about such things not working, I've told the supervisor. He said and I quote; "As long as the tyres and engine are working, it's a minor problem".

However if I call GNE on a 0191 number, about wifi not working, they'll try their very best to resolve the problem. Arriva just sit around.

I sincerely hope that GNE reenter Ashington and Northumberland, I'll certainly be using them.

As for being 13, no, I'm allowed on the forum. Maybe the forum rules might want to stop autistic members joining too? 

I will consider liking Arriva again, if they get their act together. I'm the one paying £7 for a DaySaver for sh***y buses which don't look like they've been cleaned since they've been bought.

As for you being an Arriva driver, enjoy your free bus travel, it won't be long until I inform Arriva of your actions toward other forum members.  

All the best,
Tommy

Youve just made a threat to somebody who disagrees with you. I disagree with that so I guess I am now going to get reported and possibly banned from the forum...
(04 Apr 2015, 9:05 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Youve just made a threat to somebody who disagrees with you. I disagree with that so I guess I am now going to get reported and possibly banned from the for forum...

No I'm not going to get you or Tom banned from the forum. I'm voicing my opinions here, the person is telling me that I slate Arriva, because my bus is constantly late, maybe Arriva should think about my pregnant mother who stood at Wansbeck Hospital for 40 minutes waiting for a bus ON A WEDNESDAY.

If Arriva treat their customers so badly, why would I want to travel with them?

Having a pregnant woman wait for 40 minutes is extremely dangerous, would you allow that? I'd think not, I'd have a bus sent straight away and would have carried the people for free and refunded their return ticket. 
(04 Apr 2015, 8:50 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I haven't told the driver about such things not working, I've told the supervisor. He said and I quote; "As long as the tyres and engine are working, it's a minor problem".

All the best,
Tommy
I'd say that it was mostly opinions on how services are run on bank holidays rather than a DIRECT attack and I don't see where having autism has anything to do with this, I have autism but I don't play the autism card everytime someone says anything I don't agree with.

I think some people on here expect to much, we are always seeing people moaning that there bus is a few minutes late and the way some people go on surrounding these delays you thought that they were 6 hours late rather than 6 minutes, I am not saying it is okay for services to run late but sometimes these delays are out of the bus operators control so there is nothing they can really do apart from read your compliants and maybe give you a free ticket of some sort. If you are constantly unhappy with the bus service you are receiving complain to the company in question as constantly complaining on a public forum isn't going to fix the problems you are facing.

Also you are complaining about being threatened and then threaten him to a greater extreme. We have had issues with enthusiasts complaining to companies in the past with some innocent drivers nearly getting the sack because of silly incidents like this in the past and I do not want to see this happen again as it gives all of us a bad reputation and I do not want us good enthusiasts getting grief for one persons actions.

I'm aware this sounds harsh but this what I feel needs to be said.
(04 Apr 2015, 9:19 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'd say that it was mostly opinions on how services are run on bank holidays rather than a DIRECT attack and I don't see where having autism has anything to do with this, I have autism but I don't play the autism card everytime someone says anything I don't agree with.

I think some people on here expect to much, we are always seeing people moaning that there bus is a few minutes late and the way some people go on surrounding these delays you thought that they were 6 hours late rather than 6 minutes, I am not saying it is okay for services to run late but sometimes these delays are out of the bus operators control so there is nothing they can really do apart from read your compliants and maybe give you a free ticket of some sort. If you are constantly unhappy with the bus service you are receiving complain to the company in question as constantly complaining on a public forum isn't going to fix the problems you are facing.

Also you are complaining about being threatened and then threaten him to a greater extreme. We have had issues with enthusiasts complaining to companies in the past with some innocent drivers nearly getting the sack because of silly incidents like this in the past and I do not want to see this happen again as it gives all of us a bad reputation and I do not want us good enthusiasts getting grief for one persons actions.

I'm aware this sounds harsh but this what I feel needs to be said.

May I ask how many journeys of the 7 are delayed 10 minutes plus?

On a weekday, of when a 306 is allowed to run 46 minutes late, of when an on-time 306 overtook it, by the time the late 306 reached Billy Mill, the on-time 306 was turning around in Tynemouth?

Allowing buses to run in twos. X21 passengers had to wait 40 minutes for a bus because of the constant late running?

It won't be long until GNE enter Arriva territory, with buses running five minutes in front of Arriva's with better quality and friendly drivers. 
(04 Apr 2015, 9:27 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]May I ask how many journeys of the 7 are delayed 10 minutes plus?

On a weekday, of when a 306 is allowed to run 46 minutes late, of when an on-time 306 overtook it, by the time the late 306 reached Billy Mill, the on-time 306 was turning around in Tynemouth?

Allowing buses to run in twos. X21 passengers had to wait 40 minutes for a bus because of the constant late running?

It won't be long until GNE enter Arriva territory, with buses running five minutes in front of Arriva's with better quality and friendly drivers. 

Just had a thought, is it possible the 306 broke down, I sometimes find broken down buses still show on the live map and eventually start "moving" again, even if the bus isn't. 
(04 Apr 2015, 9:31 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Just had a thought, is it possible the 306 broke down, I sometimes find broken down buses still show on the live map and eventually start "moving" again, even if the bus isn't. 

Don't know. Arriva's lack of customer services would have been able to tell people.
(04 Apr 2015, 9:27 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]May I ask how many journeys of the 7 are delayed 10 minutes plus?

7 is nearly always on-time.

I am not defending the late running although some cases it is out of their control but if the service is constantly running late or not turning up complain directly to the company and if they see enough complaints something might get done about it.

Also we don't "really know" why these services were running late, look at when I saw a 5A running 24 minutes late the other day there turned out to be a justifiable reason for that.
(04 Apr 2015, 9:36 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]7 is nearly always on-time.

I am not defending the late running although some cases it is out of their control but if the service is constantly running late or not turning up complain directly to the company and if they see enough complaints something might get done about it.

Also we don't "really know" why these services were running late, look at when I saw a 5A running 24 minutes late the other day there turned out to be a justifiable reason for that.

Do you and your mam rely on Arriva buses to get to hospitals, shops etc? 

Some drivers are like lemons, they sit around doing nowt, then when the next bus overtakes them then they speed up. I don't think Arriva realise that some people truly rely on their services to get them places. Maybe a Bedlington - Ashington X21 would work, so services don't run extremely late.

All the best,
Tommy

The grass isn't always greener.
I have lived in ANE territory and would have loved GNE to have moved in.
Moved back to GNE land and desperate for an alternative (whoever that may be) to show their faces.
(04 Apr 2015, 9:42 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Do you and your mam rely on Arriva buses to get to hospitals, shops etc? 

Some drivers are like lemons, they sit around doing nowt, then when the next bus overtakes them then they speed up. I don't think Arriva realise that some people truly rely on their services to get them places. Maybe a Bedlington - Ashington X21 would work, so services don't run extremely late.

Yes, but again the best thing to do is to complain although I personally go with the VOSA guidelines? and only complain if a service is over 1 minute early or more than 5 minutes late.

I can't really comment on the services in question as I have only ever used them on a day out so I can't give a give a fair review of how these services run most of the time and I don't think it's fair for others to do the same as I have seen people on here complain about one experience with it being the only time they used the service and everytime the service is mentioned they talk about the one experience. Sure some complain about services they have never used.
(04 Apr 2015, 8:30 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Boxing Day being the big one especially as most shops are open on Boxing Day but people from let's say Aycliffe have no way of getting to say Darlington due to the lack of bus and train services so how these shops get people to come into work is a miracle unless they have employed a reasonable number of staff who can drive and are willing to work Boxing Day.

Aye, totally agree. Shopping and football doesn't mix with a poor level of public transport.
Time the operators woke up and realised there is money to be made.
(04 Apr 2015, 9:42 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Do you and your mam rely on Arriva buses to get to hospitals, shops etc? 

I think if they split the routes at Bedlington, giving a longer layover there, punctuality would improve massively. 
(04 Apr 2015, 10:03 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I think if they split the routes at Bedlington, giving a longer layover there, punctuality would improve massively. 

Or they brought back X31 / X32 replacing the X21 under Sapphire (X31 via Wansbeck Hosp / X32 via Nth Seaton) with the Nedderton detour scrapped with the X33 running as MAX replacing the X22 between Ashington and Glebe Road then the X21 between Ridge Terrace and Newcastle.
(04 Apr 2015, 10:00 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Aye, totally agree. Shopping and football doesn't mix with a poor level of public transport.
Time the operators woke up and realised there is money to be made.
To some people working in shops in places on Boxing Day the only way to get to work is to get to work is a lift or if you are unlucky a taxi where if you if you work 7 hours that day for minum wage in let's say Primark the taxi fare would probably cost a considerable amount of the wage you'd get for that day with the much of the remainder going on lunch, I reckon it would cost in the region of £20 for me to get from Aycliffe to Darlington and back on Boxing Day.
The conclusion;
  • Arriva services are late, dirty and unprofessional
  • Arriva employees don't care if power sockets and WiFi don't work and will do nothing about it
  • Complain about the poor service and get rude responses
  • Don't get on anything which is as dull as Eeyore's bottom
  • Drivers don't care if they run late
  • Leave vulnerable people waiting for 40 minutes at a cold bus stop
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28