North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Feb 2016, 4:42 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]At least they have stipulated that the evening and Sunday runs will be operated by Angel buses and the extra peak time runs will use conventional double deckers.
Unfortunately however the information for the extra journeys has been put on the timetable for the wrong direction. The info for 0706 and 0736 towards Newcastle is on the timetable for buses towards Bishop Auckland and vice-versa for the evening journeys!
(12 Feb 2016, 5:33 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Unfortunately however the information for the extra journeys has been put on the timetable for the wrong direction. The info for 0706 and 0736 towards Newcastle is on the timetable for buses towards Bishop Auckland and vice-versa for the evening journeys!

Hope they've not been printed yet Big Grin
I'd have thought that GNE would have taken the opportunity to renumber or indicate the peak extra short runs?

The Streetdecks, in my opinion, have the ability to attract further commuter traffic. Plug sockets, WiFi and now even tables. They're not going to be best pleased turning up for a peak time bus, and ending up getting one of Chester's heaps.

I'd have personally renumbered the extras as X23 for example, and then it takes away the expectation of quality.
(12 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I'd have thought that GNE would have taken the opportunity to renumber or indicate the peak extra short runs?

The Streetdecks, in my opinion,  have the ability to attract further commuter traffic. Plug sockets, WiFi and now even tables. They're not going to be best pleased turning up for a peak time bus, and ending up getting one of Chester's heaps.

I'd have personally renumbered the extras as X23 for example, and then it takes away the expectation of quality.

The timetable does state which journeys will be operated by conventional double deckers. Guessing that these are the peak runs.
(12 Feb 2016, 8:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The timetable does state which journeys will be operated by conventional double deckers. Guessing that these are the peak runs.
1620, 1650 and 1720 Newcastle to Chester. Happy to be corrected, but I had thought that Chester run these? I can't see this referenced in the timetable.

[Image: d2d889c8f0926f37c02cad596de6983c.jpg]
(12 Feb 2016, 8:58 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]1620, 1650 and 1720 Newcastle to Chester. Happy to be corrected, but I had thought that Chester run these? I can't see this referenced in the timetable.

Peter identified the mistake before. The information for the extra journeys have been put on the wrong page (07:06 and 07:36 should be on the page where the 3 journeys you mentioned are).
(12 Feb 2016, 9:01 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Peter identified the mistake before. The information for the extra journeys have been put on the wrong page (07:06 and 07:36 should be on the page where the 3 journeys you mentioned are).
I had seen that, but the question is specifically on the 1620, 1650 and 1720. As far as I can see, they are not referenced at all. Wrong place or not?
(12 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I had seen that, but the question is specifically on the 1620, 1650 and 1720. As far as I can see, they are not referenced at all. Wrong place or not?

Sorry, i don't understand what you mean then. Not trying to be awkward.

The journeys are definitely advertised as being a conventional double decker. Just needs to be swapped over with the morning ones.
(12 Feb 2016, 9:05 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I had seen that, but the question is specifically on the 1620, 1650 and 1720. As far as I can see, they are not referenced at all. Wrong place or not?

They are referenced on the timetable for the other direction. A reference is made respectively for the morning and evening journeys in exactly the same place on the publication for each direction, however the references to do not correspond to the timetable - they are the other way round. Should have tried to be a bit clearer the first time but it was quite difficult to word!
(12 Feb 2016, 9:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Sorry, i don't understand what you mean then. Not trying to be awkward.

The journeys are definitely advertised as being a conventional double decker. Just needs to be swapped over with the morning ones.
No no. That clears it up thank you. I'm lost in codes here mind!
(12 Feb 2016, 4:46 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]What they should do on all timetables really. Lets just hope they do start doing that.

You never know. GNE might well end up buying Streetdecks for the Angel next year with the above features if they can find a suitable route for the Hybrids after they've served their 5 years. Don't think they will mind although they may end up getting a re-trim with E-Leather and some USB sockets fitted.
(12 Feb 2016, 8:58 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]1620, 1650 and 1720 Newcastle to Chester. Happy to be corrected, but I had thought that Chester run these? I can't see this referenced in the timetable.

06:40/07:10 from CLS-Durham not mentioned either as being conventional bus operated.
(12 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]You never know. GNE might well end up buying Streetdecks for the Angel next year with the above features if they can find a suitable route for the Hybrids after they've served their 5 years. Don't think they will mind although they may end up getting a re-trim with E-Leather and some USB sockets fitted.

I don't think tables are really worth it on the Angel. It's all about capacity as opposed to gimmicks especially if the Park and Ride at Birtley takes off (haha) Maybe the X21 taking the load off the Cannon might help.

Hybrids definitely need a tart up, rough looking inside now. The two non Hybrids are in better nick. Still on a route where they have virtual monopoly which is consistently busy, there's no real incentive to upgrade anything (cynical of me perhaps)
(12 Feb 2016, 10:58 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I don't think tables are really worth it on the Angel. It's all about capacity as opposed to gimmicks especially if the Park and Ride at Birtley takes off (haha) Maybe the X21 taking the load off the Cannon might help.

Hybrids definitely need a tart up, rough looking inside now. The two non Hybrids are in better nick. Still on a route where they have virtual monopoly which is consistently busy, there's no real incentive to upgrade anything (cynical of me perhaps)

I haven't been on the hybrids for ages, so can't comment on what they are like inside.

The Hybrids are due to end their 5 year contract on the Angel soon, i wonder if they'll be replaced in late 2017 or early 2018?

Where the Hybrids would go, no idea, a single decker route which requires deckers?
(12 Feb 2016, 10:58 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I don't think tables are really worth it on the Angel. It's all about capacity as opposed to gimmicks especially if the Park and Ride at Birtley takes off (haha) Maybe the X21 taking the load off the Cannon might help.

That's taking it a bit far. At least one of the non hybrids smells like a mouldy floor mop and has stuff growing around the windows.
(13 Feb 2016, 11:29 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I haven't been on the hybrids for ages, so can't comment on what they are like inside.

The Hybrids are due to end their 5 year contract on the Angel soon, i wonder if they'll be replaced in late 2017 or early 2018?

Where the Hybrids would go, no idea, a single decker route which requires deckers?

As long as it isn't the morning Q3's I don't really care Tongue
(13 Feb 2016, 11:29 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I haven't been on the hybrids for ages, so can't comment on what they are like inside.

The Crusader could do with Volvo B5LHs if it doesn't receive new investment in the next few years.
(13 Feb 2016, 11:43 am)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]The Crusader could do with Volvo B5LHs if it doesn't receive new investment in the next few years.

They could, least then they can have 2 spare B5LH's in "Go North East" as the PVR for the Crusader is only 13. 

Other option can be:

Blaydon racers - 9 PVR
Toonlink (Riverside) - 5 PVR 

1 spare at Riverside depot.

---------------------
Blaydon racers go under the 14ft3" bridge in Dunston, Volvo B5LH Gemini's are 14ft5" I believe...
Would Streetdecks to the current spec (tables etc) work on the X85. Might take commuters from the train?