North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe the Nexus Bus Solo SRs from Deptford are going to Hexham for the AD122.
I heard the same as Gary about the Hadrian's Wall service getting 2 from Deptford
(25 Feb 2016, 7:12 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I believe the Nexus Bus Solo SRs from Deptford are going to Hexham for the AD122.

That is correct.

This year, the AD122 will additionally feature Next Stop Announcements. The first bus - 636 - was fitted with TFT monitors and speakers earlier today.
Now that possibly explains why Deptford are gaining 559?
(25 Feb 2016, 7:22 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Now that possibly explains why Deptford are gaining 559?

Yup.....
(25 Feb 2016, 6:43 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Do you see every part of every journey like? If the service wasn't providing positive figures, it would have been long withdrawn by now. The service is actually a vital lifeline to people in the North Sunderland estates linking them to Sunderland Royal Hospital.

When I see it the bus is usually empty yet some parts of the day it's usually iffy one minute gets passengers next it's quiet as a stone
(25 Feb 2016, 7:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That is correct.

This year, the AD122 will additionally feature Next Stop Announcements. The first bus - 636 - was fitted with TFT monitors and speakers earlier today.

Will 635/6 being getting repainted or remaining in NexusBus livery then?
(25 Feb 2016, 7:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That is correct.

Will the buses have a logo for the AD122, like MPD's did last year?

Its good they'll have stop announcements.

I bet the passengers of the 238 will be happy they'll be getting MPD's, heard a few people complain that you can only get one pushchair or wheel chair on at the same.
(25 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Will 635/6 being getting repainted or remaining in NexusBus livery then?

Yes, they will be repainted and branded.

I would expect more 'extravagant' branding than last year.

(25 Feb 2016, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, they will be repainted and branded.

Will they go yellow and blue like the new MPD's?

I would hope so, last years was terrible with just the logo.
(25 Feb 2016, 7:30 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will they go yellow and blue like the new MPD's?

I would hope so, last years was terrible with just the logo.

I quite liked last years livery. I think anything more would be too much.

I doubt they will want them to look identical to the new Tynedale Links brand too. Just have to wait and see, i guess.
(25 Feb 2016, 7:33 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I quite liked last years livery. I think anything more would be too much.

I doubt they will want them to look identical to the new Tynedale Links brand too. Just have to wait and see, i guess.

I hope its not going to be plain yellow...

Hopefully the brand is decent though.
The livery of the Classic Coaches AD 122 was very good IMO.

[Image: Bus-Services-to-the-Hadrians-Wall.gif]

I can understand why GNE kept the MPDs in yellow base livery (to allow flexibility?) at a time when the viability of the route was in doubt.
(25 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]The livery of the Classic Coaches AD 122 was very good IMO.

I can understand why GNE kept the MPDs in yellow base livery (to allow flexibility?) at a time when the viability of the route was in doubt.

I like that livery to, hopefully its something like that.

Seems a few routes will have a fleet allocation change in the next couple months, Any news on what the 5 and 50 will use when they start to interwork?
(25 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]The livery of the Classic Coaches AD 122 was very good IMO.

That one belonged to Alba Travel.
(25 Feb 2016, 7:49 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]That one belonged to Alba Travel.

OMG!
(25 Feb 2016, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, they will be repainted and branded.

Are they still allocated to the 238 for now
(25 Feb 2016, 8:09 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Are they still allocated to the 238 for now

I would imagine so, its a month today till it starts (25.3.16), the next couple of weeks they'll probables go in for a repaint.
Why carnt gne just get more solo srs to replace these darts ?
(25 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm)Ryan99 wrote [ -> ]Why carnt gne just get more solo srs to replace these darts ?

££££s