North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(16 Jul 2016, 1:42 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just past Stanley depot and there's at least 2 or 3 omnidekka's parked up, still in Brightons livery incase anyone wants pictures.

Reason why they're still in the livery can be found in previous posts.

Should be five in total at Stanley - 3995 (6134) and 3996 (6135) in Go North East red, as well as 6136, 6137 and 6138 in Brighton & Hove livery.

6139 and 6140 are at Saltmeadows being prepared for service.

All should enter service next week - the Brighton & Hove liveried examples on Airshow work.
(16 Jul 2016, 2:42 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Should be five in total at Stanley - 3995 (6134) and 3996 (6135) in Go North East red, as well as 6136, 6137 and 6138 in Brighton & Hove livery.

6139 and 6140 are at Saltmeadows being prepared for service.

All should enter service next week - the Brighton & Hove liveried examples on Airshow work.

Will any of the other Omnidekka's get a different fleet number?

So 6134, 6135 is allocated to the fleet list
Will any lolynes or olympians be used this year on the airshow shuttles?
(16 Jul 2016, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will any of the other Omnidekka's get a different fleet number?

No, only these 2
(16 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Will any lolynes or olympians be used this year on the airshow shuttles?

I would essume so , what else is there spares
(16 Jul 2016, 5:18 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will any of the other Omnidekka's get a different fleet number?

No.

6134 and 6135 were open-top convertible double-decks at Brighton & Hove, and are a greater overall height than the other Scania OmniDekkas now in Go North East's fleet.

To aid identification of these two examples from the other Scania OmniDekkas in the fleet, they have been allocated a different fleet number in the 39xx double-deck series, following on from the now-withdrawn ex-Metrobus Northern Counties bodied Volvo Olympians (3988 - 3994) which were also of a greater height.
Brighton & Hove-liveried 6138 (GX03 SVG) is currently on the back wall at Chester-le-Street depot.
(16 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Will any lolynes or olympians be used this year on the airshow shuttles?

I'm reckoning on those plus maybe a Brighton Omnidecker or two.
5425 next stop announcements are in slow motion and sound awful.
Hope it gets looked at
(16 Jul 2016, 7:13 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think so.

Deptford have no outstanding cascades/transfers following the entry into service of the new Streetlites - they have withdrawn or transferred 22 buses out after taking in 22 new buses. Whilst planned for a 23rd to be withdrawn/transferred, this bus has been retained for the duration of the works in Durham which has seen the PVR of the Prince Bishops rise by one vehicle.

When the roadworks come to an end in Durham (23rd September), the PVR of the 20/20A will reduce to 20 vehicles again (currently 21 - with one of the red Streetlites forming part of the PVR of the Prince Bishops), and this will release a further vehicle for cascade. Probably be a good shout to say this would be 5215 to Chester-le-Street, allowing another Y-reg Scania L94 to transfer to Riverside and another Volvo B10BLE to be withdrawn here.

It's not necessarily an upgrade for service X25 - more so just to allow the oldest Scania L94s in the fleet to replace the oldest Volvo B10BLEs. You'll notice a large number of the transfers in this financial year will be to allow standardisation of vehicle types at each depot.

Tongue, loads of transfers then, i would imagine this will be slowly starting from next Sunday, due to the changes in North Tyneside/Gateshead?
(17 Jul 2016, 12:29 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]5425 next stop announcements are in slow motion and sound awful.
Hope it gets looked at

Thanks, but as mentioned previously, this thread shouldn't be used to report faults.

If there are any faults with destinations, Wi-Fi or Next Stop Announcements, feel free to PM me or contact Customer Services (via Social Media or e-mail).

(17 Jul 2016, 12:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tongue, loads of transfers then, i would imagine this will be slowly starting from next Sunday, due to the changes in North Tyneside/Gateshead?

To be fair, I'd say most depots are pretty close to a standardised fleet.

To provide a more specific example of what I mean - looking at Percy Main's fleet on Go North East's most recent Fleet Allocation document, I'd say that the fleet of Volvo B10BLEs and B7RLEs could quite easily be replaced by Scania L94s in time, which would allow the depot to have a consistent single-deck allocation.

As for re-allocations as a result of next weekend's service changes - I think I've said before that really there shouldn't be very many transfers/withdrawals... Although there have been cuts in some areas, other areas have benefited from a better service provided, meaning that the overall PVR won't change drastically.
(17 Jul 2016, 12:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]To be fair, I'd say most depots are pretty close to a standardised fleet.

To provide a more specific example of what I mean - looking at Percy Main's fleet on Go North East's most recent Fleet Allocation document, I'd say that the fleet of Volvo B10BLEs and B7RLEs could quite easily be replaced by Scania L94s in time, which would allow the depot to have a consistent single-deck allocation.

As for re-allocations as a result of next weekend's service changes - I think I've said before that really there shouldn't be very many transfers/withdrawals... Although there have been cuts in some areas, other areas have benefited from a better service provided, meaning that the overall PVR won't change drastically.

Ah right, ye, hopefully this financial year, will see all the B10's, the Cadet and the Merits gone.

Will the Lolyne's go first or the Olympians at Stanley?
(17 Jul 2016, 1:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah right, ye, hopefully this financial year, will see all the B10's, the Cadet and the Merits gone.

Will the Lolyne's go first or the Olympians at Stanley?

8266 has been refurbished why would it need to leave
(17 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]8266 has been refurbished why would it need to leave

Could of been done for a future sale?, so it's worth a little bit more
At least one of the Blue Arrows-branded Solars has been vinyled up today. Was at the back of Percy Main.
(17 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]8266 has been refurbished why would it need to leave

Because it's twelve years old now, and that is the general ''lifespan'' of a midibus in frontline service I believe.
(17 Jul 2016, 4:38 pm)streetlite5402 wrote [ -> ]Because it's twelve years old now, and that is the general ''lifespan'' of a midibus in frontline service I believe.

Indeed. And it has only had its seats retrimmed as opposed to being refurbished.
So I see yet another vehicle with a tachograph is being added to the Green Arrow brand (4944). Why was this chosen (other than the fact it would need to be repainted anyway) instead of 4942, 4943 or even 4964? Something I find rather baffling (I won't use a term any stronger than that as there will be a reason for it and I don't really feel that 'strong' about it)
As much as its going to be a hike i will have to try the full 11 route
(17 Jul 2016, 6:40 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]As much as its going to be a hike i will have to try the full 11 route

Take some sarnies and a flask  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29