North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(03 Jul 2016, 6:45 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]6135 after repaint: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...ateposted/

4903 has also been spotted at Saltmeadows: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...063693365/

Wonder when 6135 will enter service, since its had its repaint.

Is 6134 in for repaint now?
(03 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder when 6135 will enter service, since its had its repaint.

I'd have thought they'd be retrimmed first? They weren't in the greatest condition down at Brighton!
(03 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder when 6135 will enter service, since its had its repaint.

Also have they kept their convertible open top roof?
(03 Jul 2016, 8:50 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Also have they kept their convertible open top roof?

Looks like it - the sticky out bits (which i presume form the bits where the hooks to lift the roof off) are still present.
(03 Jul 2016, 6:45 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]4903 has also been spotted at Saltmeadows: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...063693365/

Is it withdrawn or not?
(03 Jul 2016, 9:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Looks like it - the sticky out bits (which i presume form the bits where the hooks to lift the roof off) are still present.

I'd guess the opportunities for open top are limited up here.

Either take on City Sightseeing franchise from Stagecoach or rental out to Corporate/Special Events.

City Sightseeing is surprisingly interesting trip btw if anyone ever fancies it
Expect the convertables to be very leaky. Recall getting on one of their convertable Lolynes a few years back on a rainy day and there was plenty of water splashing around upstairs.
(03 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I'd guess the opportunities for open top are limited up here.

Either take on City Sightseeing franchise from Stagecoach or rental out to Corporate/Special Events.

City Sightseeing is surprisingly interesting trip btw if anyone ever fancies it

Not necessarily. Plenty of scope to bring back the open top routes of the 80s and 90s in both North and South Tyneside coastal areas
This is probably in the wrong thread,and sincerely sorry if its been answered before,anyway,i was on solo 673 yesterday on 17A from East Howdon and noticed the next stop announcement wasnt showing anything for its route,it was only showing 'Welcome Aboard the Indigo Service 41',is this just a fault with this bus or is it across the entire fleet for Indigo North Tyne,or did the 17A simply not get programmed due to its upcoming withdrawl
(03 Jul 2016, 11:15 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Expect the convertables to be very leaky. Recall getting on one of their convertable Lolynes a few years back on a rainy day and there was plenty of water splashing around upstairs.
Although this is like Stanley's current B7/president fleet!
(04 Jul 2016, 9:18 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]This is probably in the wrong thread,and sincerely sorry if its been answered before,anyway,i was on solo 673 yesterday on 17A from East Howdon and noticed the next stop announcement wasnt showing anything for its route,it was only showing 'Welcome Aboard the Indigo Service 41',is this just a fault with this bus or is it across the entire fleet for Indigo North Tyne,or did the 17A simply not get programmed due to its upcoming withdrawl

Not the wrong thread as such, but I'd suggest that faults would be better off reported to me directly via Private Message or to Go North East, via Customer Services, as there's probably a large number of members of this forum who couldn't give a hoot about Next Stop Announcements not working properly! Wink

Announcements were not programmed for service 17A due to the planned changes, at the time when the programme was initially built. The screen should show some generic messages, but due to a software issue, this sometimes does not happen on the indiGo North Tyne minibuses. If the screen does not update to show a generic message, it will instead show the route number and terminus for the last journey it operated.

Hanover have released a new version of software which fixes this issue and this will be uploaded to buses in line with the 24th July service changes. Generic messages will be shown at all times when the bus is allocated to a route which does not have Next Stop Announcements programmed.
(04 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not the wrong thread as such, but I'd suggest that faults would be better off reported to me directly via Private Message or to Go North East, via Customer Services, as there's probably a large number of members of this forum who couldn't give a hoot about Next Stop Announcements not working properly! Wink

Announcements were not programmed for service 17A due to the planned changes, at the time when the programme was initially built. The screen should show some generic messages, but due to a software issue, this sometimes does not happen on the indiGo North Tyne minibuses. If the screen does not update to show a generic message, it will instead show the route number and terminus for the last journey it operated.

Hanover have released a new version of software which fixes this issue and this will be uploaded to buses in line with the 24th July service changes. Generic messages will be shown at all times when the bus is allocated to a route which does not have Next Stop Announcements programmed.

You due at the depot sometime to re-do all the announcements and destys?
(04 Jul 2016, 4:48 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]You due at the depot sometime to re-do all the announcements and destys?

All be updated by the depots... I'll be having a well-earned two weeks off when the service changes take place! Smile
(04 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All be updated by the depots... I'll be having a well-earned two weeks off when the service changes take place! Smile

Oh, remember you mentioning a few weeks back. Have a good one!
(03 Jul 2016, 8:50 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Also have they kept their convertible open top roof?

Just a shot in the dark, but with the DDA requirements by the new year SNE can't operate the CitySightSeeing bus without more vehicles so perhaps more of these are coming for GNE to operate it Angel
(04 Jul 2016, 6:09 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Just a shot in the dark, but with the DDA requirements by the new year SNE can't operate the CitySightSeeing bus without more vehicles so perhaps more of these are coming for GNE to operate it Angel

Do they apply to special services?
(04 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Do they apply to special services?

They apply to any service which is registered on VOSA.
(04 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Do they apply to special services?

Yes because the service is registered
(04 Jul 2016, 6:09 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Just a shot in the dark, but with the DDA requirements by the new year SNE can't operate the CitySightSeeing bus without more vehicles so perhaps more of these are coming for GNE to operate it Angel

I thought there was only 2 convertibles in the batch that are being released to North East though. If this is the case then there isn't enough
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29