North East Buses

Full Version: Your Travel Queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(06 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Looking to try the 23 and X22 tomorrow, do they both stop at the same location in Barley Mow, and what operator runs the 23 arriving at Barley Mow at 14:54?

No.
The X22 sticks on the main road throughout. Whilst the 23 goes in to the estate.

The ones in Birtley Town Centre are your best bet for shared stops.
(06 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Looking to try the 23 and X22 tomorrow, do they both stop at the same location in Barley Mow, and what operator runs the 23 arriving at Barley Mow at 14:54?

You could alight the 23 at Windsor Road and walk up to Durham Rd/Windsor Rd and catch the X22 from ther, unless you really want to go to Barley Mow. 

Or catch the 82 to Barley Mow and hop onto the 23 into Birtley or Windsor Road
(06 Apr 2016, 1:12 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]You could alight the 23 at Windsor Road and walk up to Durham Rd/Windsor Rd and catch the X22 from ther, unless you really want to go to Barley Mow. 

Or catch the 82 to Barley Mow and hop onto the 23 into Birtley or Windsor Road

I just don't like walking, Barley Mow is preferable Tongue
(06 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I just don't like walking, Barley Mow is preferable Tongue

Get off the 82 at Nairn Close, (google it if you are unsure then cross to the bank which the 82 turned off and wait for the 23 at the telegraph pole.
Hi, a friend is asking what bus he can get from Concord to GNE's Washington depot as i'm not sure.

Thanks
(24 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hi, a friend is asking what bus he can get from Concord to GNE's Washington depot as i'm not sure.

Thanks

The 56 is the easiest/most frequent between the two points.
(24 Apr 2016, 7:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The 56 is the easiest/most frequent between the two points.

Cheers =)
(24 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hi, a friend is asking what bus he can get from Concord to GNE's Washington depot as i'm not sure.

Thanks

82 stops right outside of it
(24 Apr 2016, 7:47 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]82 stops right outside of it

Thanks Lee =)
(24 Apr 2016, 7:47 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]82 stops right outside of it

(24 Apr 2016, 7:48 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thanks Lee =)

Isn't it the 82A which stops outside, or do both of them?
82B and 83 as well as the 82A according to the Bus Checker App

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
(24 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]82B and 83 as well as the 82A according to the Bus Checker App

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

There is no 82B, and the 83 is an evening service.
I'm hoping to go to the Lakes sometime soon (hopefully this Saturday, or if not then the half term) and wandering about the trains. If I was to get it from Newcastle to Carlisle to save time instead of the bus and just want to know if the price is the same as it is online when bought from the station? Also is the journey up there any good compared to the 685, never been on that line before!!
(09 May 2016, 5:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'm hoping to go to the Lakes sometime soon (hopefully this Saturday, or if not then the half term) and wandering about the trains. If I was to get it from Newcastle to Carlisle to save time instead of the bus and just want to know if the price is the same as it is online when bought from the station? Also is the journey up there any good compared to the 685, never been on that line before!!

Amazing scenery on the Newcastle-Carlisle train, I recommend you get the 10:22 train because it is Abellio Scotrail, this is better than Northern
(09 May 2016, 5:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'm hoping to go to the Lakes sometime soon (hopefully this Saturday, or if not then the half term) and wandering about the trains. If I was to get it from Newcastle to Carlisle to save time instead of the bus and just want to know if the price is the same as it is online when bought from the station? Also is the journey up there any good compared to the 685, never been on that line before!!
Not sure on prices as I have never bought up a walk up fair on that route.

The line is canny. A bit of everything from urban sprawl, to crossing (sometimes raging) rivers and racing alongside the A69
Can an 11 year-old get a train alone from Newcastle-Durham?
(09 May 2016, 6:06 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Can an 11 year-old get a train alone from Newcastle-Durham?

Yes, I was at York and Leeds last week by myself and I'm 13 so I it should be allowed for 11 year olds.
(09 May 2016, 6:06 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Amazing scenery on the Newcastle-Carlisle train, I recommend you get the 10:22 train because it is Abellio Scotrail, this is better than Northern

(09 May 2016, 6:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not sure on prices as I have never bought up a walk up fair on that route.

The line is canny. A bit of everything from urban sprawl, to crossing (sometimes raging) rivers and racing alongside the A69

Thanks both Smile

I think I will get the train then - the 10:22 one will be too late though as I want to get to Carlisle at a reasonable time to go into the Lakes.
(09 May 2016, 6:13 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Thanks both Smile

I think I will get the train then - the 10:22 one will be too late though as I want to get to Carlisle at a reasonable time to go into the Lakes.

No idea which runs are scheduled to be 156's. Fingers crossed you don't get a 142! I have been fortunate enough to have never had the latter on the Tyne Valley line. If you are looking to go in to the lakes, the rover that includes bus, ferry and train might be worth looking at.
I'd still really love to do the Lakes but it's a right chew on just getting to Carlisle for a decent time. Annoyingly my plan of doing the southern parts of the Lakes whilst I'm away in Blackpool on holiday has unfortunately hit a rough patch due to the withdrawal of the evening 42's between Blackpool and Lanchester. Still love to get some time in down there at some point though. Unsure on my plans for this weekend at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21