North East Buses

Full Version: Your Travel Queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
It's only to say I'm 13.
Going a bit off topic here but it is releated to what's been said above...

There is no real suitable form of ID until you can apply for a provisional driving license, and most of these IDs for under 18s most places won't entertain them. Oh and the worst I had for a lack of ID was when I was 17 and tried to buy a 12 rated DVD in the Morton Park, Morrisons although the cashier seemed a right mardy cow.
(27 Oct 2015, 12:05 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]It's only to say I'm 13.

You will have to pay adult fares. There's no way around it.
(27 Oct 2015, 12:07 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]You will have to pay adult fares. There's no way around it.

I'll stick with the change of trains.
(27 Oct 2015, 9:36 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Maybe I didn't explain right, They need a form of ID to prove I'm 11-16 so would that help or would I mighty as well pay Full Fare.

In Tyne & Wear; you have to use a POP card to be entitled to the discounted child fare, if you're aged between 14 and 16. You cannot use other forms of identification with proof of age to be entitled to the discounted fare, and I'd imagine the same would apply elsewhere.

As Andreos1 said above - you cannot even use your POP card as proof of age in County Durham and Northumberland, so what chance is there of you being able to do this in another region?
(27 Oct 2015, 12:05 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]It's only to say I'm 13.

Bit of a bummer for you, I would of said they should obviously know your age by how you look, I am 11 and people know I am a child
(27 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Bit of a bummer for you, I would of said they should obviously know your age by how you look, I am 11 and people know I am a child

Big'un's 11, almost 12, and had his age questioned, for the first time, last week. Doesn't help that he's almost as tall as me and developing a bit of a tash, which is pretty much all you can see of him when he's hiding in his hood!

I'm going to have to sort him out with a Co Durham proof of age card - not so straightforward since his school isn't local. I'll probably get him an Arriva teen card, too, though there's not a lot of days out when it'll save us anything, compared with the cost of getting it, in the first place. I can save more money, if we're just popping into Durham together, by us both suffering the Scarlet Band 58.
(27 Oct 2015, 11:47 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Way back when, I tried to use my Under 16 card as it was then, to try and get a childs fare, on a United bus in Durham.
This was despite the driver on our 222 from Houghton saying he would only accept it as far as Rainton and he would have to charge us an adult fare from there (for the rest of the journey into Durham).

My argument, was that it showed my age and clearly demonstrated I was under 16.
Their argument, was that it wasn't valid outside of T&W.

If you used your POP Card in Durham now, would they accept it? Chances are, the response would be the same in Manchester.

Durham's rules are under 14, so I'm guessing not.
(27 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Bit of a bummer for you, I would of said they should obviously know your age by how you look, I am 11 and people know I am a child

I think the old Under 16 Cards were for those aged 14-16.

We are in the position now, where Nexus POP Card and operators cards, are encouraged for those who are clearly under the age of 16.

My eldest has had his POP Card since he was 5 as drivers were wanting to charge him adult fare.
It was more than obvious that he was under 16...
Can I buy an explorer ticket on a Q3 this morning?
(14 Nov 2015, 9:46 am)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Can I buy an explorer ticket on a Q3 this morning?

Yes
(14 Nov 2015, 9:50 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Yes

Thank you, I did
£8.50
This is more of GNE employee based question but if anybody does have an answer, your response will be welcomed:

I currently get free transport to and from school via the Key Card. Now, I have never had to stay back after school before until now (which is expected given that I am in Year 11) so I have no idea whether I would be able to get the bus home with my free travel and be able to use it again from Stanley given that I would have to change there and get the 16 or 78 down to South Stanley as there is no direct service bus between those two points. I know some people will see me as being thick which is why I have chosen to ask here as nobody actually knows me to take the mick out of me (you know what 15-16 year olds are like Tongue)

If I could, it would be really useful and save all the hassle of getting picked up in the car. Thank you again in advance for any responses.
(16 Nov 2015, 5:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]This is more of GNE employee based question but if anybody does have an answer, your response will be welcomed:

I currently get free transport to and from school via the Key Card. Now, I have never had to stay back after school before until now (which is expected given that I am in Year 11) so I have no idea whether I would be able to get the bus home with my free travel and be able to use it again from Stanley given that I would have to change there and get the 16 or 78 down to South Stanley as there is no direct service bus between those two points. I know some people will see me as being thick which is why I have chosen to ask here as nobody actually knows me to take the mick out of me (you know what 15-16 year olds are like Tongue)

If I could, it would be really useful and save all the hassle of getting picked up in the car. Thank you again in advance for any responses.

You ARE entitled free travel
(16 Nov 2015, 7:40 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]You ARE entitled free travel

Thanks. I decided to double check with GNE anyway and i am able to use it until 18:00.
Heading to Newcastle City Hall tomorrow night, does anyone know if there are any car parks nearby although I imagine that I will be there until around 11pm so if there is a car park nearby it can't close before 11pm and preferably doesn't close even after that, don't want it to be like Ross Noble's Randomist DVD show where people were leaving before the show ended because the car park was losing.

Alternatively, does anybody know if there is any buses that run between Central Station and the City Hall?
(18 Nov 2015, 5:27 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Heading to Newcastle City Hall tomorrow night, does anyone know if there are any car parks nearby although I imagine that I will be there until around 11pm so if there is a car park nearby it can't close before 11pm and preferably doesn't close even after that, don't want it to be like Ross Noble's Randomist DVD show where people were leaving before the show ended because the car park was losing.

Alternatively, does anybody know if there is any buses that run between Central Station and the City Hall?

There are several car parks nearby.
There is also on street parking behind the Hancock Museum. Should only take a few mins to walk down.

I would either get a metro to Haymarket or if you need a bus, get one to Eldon Square or to the bottom of John Dobson Street.
(18 Nov 2015, 5:27 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Heading to Newcastle City Hall tomorrow night, does anyone know if there are any car parks nearby although I imagine that I will be there until around 11pm so if there is a car park nearby it can't close before 11pm and preferably doesn't close even after that, don't want it to be like Ross Noble's Randomist DVD show where people were leaving before the show ended because the car park was losing.

10, 11, 30 and 31 do the route, all stagecoach
[attachment=7376]
This is my plan for Saturday
(18 Nov 2015, 5:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]There are several car parks nearby.
There is also on street parking behind the Hancock Museum. Should only take a few mins to walk down.

I would either get a metro to Haymarket or if you need a bus, get one to Eldon Square or to the bottom of John Dobson Street.

(18 Nov 2015, 6:30 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]10, 11, 30 and 31 do the route, all stagecoach
Thanks both, will have a look when I go on the laptop later.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21