North East Buses

Full Version: VOLTRA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I have a concern with the spare Voltra being used on the Q3, it may be nothing but better safe than sorry. My question is, does the Yutong fit under the Avenue Metro Bridge in Wallsend. Don't want an expensive accident do we.
(03 Dec 2020, 10:31 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]I have a concern with the spare Voltra being used on the Q3, it may be nothing but better safe than sorry. My question is, does the Yutong fit under the Avenue Metro Bridge in Wallsend. Don't want an expensive accident do we.

Yes, it’s been under already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03 Dec 2020, 6:43 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Any of you guys managed to nab a ride on the new buses yet?,if so,how are they?
Yes, thought they looked great and gave an excellent ride - very impressed!
(28 Nov 2020, 2:34 am)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]8801 - ND70 AFA
8802 - ND70 AET
8803 - ND70 AEU
8804 - ND70 AEV
8805 - ND70 AEW
8806 - ND70 AEX
8807 - ND70 AEY
8808 - ND70 AEZ
8809 - ND70 AFK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[Image: 50653482977_833ea67a09_c.jpg]Go North East Voltra 8809 / ND70 AFK by kieron mathews, on Flickr

If anyone hasn’t seen the spare one here’s a photo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That one actually looks nicer with its red stripe.  Smile
passed coatsworth road last night about 430 and a voltra looked like it was broken down next to little chip? Or run out of " voltage"?
I dont know if its just me,but following the entry of the new vehicles on the 53/54,that all the destination displays on other routes are being updated to have the number on the left now,i have to say i prefer it like that,it makes more sense
(17 Dec 2020, 6:21 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]I dont know if its just me,but following the entry of the new vehicles on the 53/54,that all the destination displays on other routes are being updated to have the number on the left now,i have to say i prefer it like that,it makes more sense

The numbers on Voltras look terrible. Far too bold.

The numbers on the front and the tiny rear destination screens have to be the least legible I’ve ever seen.
Not a fan of them then?
(17 Dec 2020, 8:35 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Not a fan of them then?

Could’ve done a better job on an Etch A Sketch.
I’m sure Hanover or the various display companies with extensive worldwide experience and customer feedback look forward to your CVs flooding in
(17 Dec 2020, 11:43 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I’m sure Hanover or the various display companies with extensive worldwide experience and customer feedback look forward to your CVs flooding in

Why’s that? ....Surely it’s GNE who set the font of the numbers on the destination screen, and crammed in a full display round the back onto what looks like a screen designed for just the route number?
I have no issue with the route number, but instead with the rest of the text.

I find the destination far too 'thin' and to me the display just looks blurry compared to the Hanover displays that are used on the rest of the fleet. Maybe it's because they're using a different font but I actually find it quite hard to read
Finally managed to have a ride on a couple VOLTRAs yesterday and I must say I really do like the interior.

Well, when I say interior I mean the overall design, not the grass flooring (although it does look better in person) and certainly not the brown and blue seats! The light grey walls are infinitely better than the brown walls on the StreetDecks, but I find the text on the cove vinyls too dark to read, especially the small print about the tap on tap off only being available on the VOLTRA service (although maybe that was by design to confuse people into having to buy multiple tickets!)

Build quality on the examples I rode was excellent, not a single rattle and they really do feel solid, and they didn't have the 'jelly' feel of the Yutong demo they had a while back where you could see the roof of the bus swaying as it went round corners (presumably due to the weight of the battery pack on the roof)

Acceleration isn't quite as good as I was expecting, although that may just be down to the drivers I had, and they're certainly not quiet. In fact, they sound like a very refined diesel engine rather than an EV since they don't seem to 'whine', the B5Hs are much quieter when they're in electric mode.

The NSA system sounded very muffled as well, and the display seems to be easily blocked by the hand rails. Although, I do like the fact that the display gives you the next two stops, so you know when you need to get ready.

I'm not a fan of the sound they use for the bell, and the indicator is perhaps the loudest I've ever heard.
What isn't the loudest are the windscreen wipers, unlike most other buses, you can't hear the motors at all, just the satisfying sound of the water being wiped away (I'm looking at you E400s!)

As I said previously, I'm not a fan of the front destination blind font, but I really do like the countdown for when the bus is leaving. I'm also not a fan of the pathetic rear blind, I think it would have looked better if they just omitted the destination and only had the number as the destination looks too small.

Overall, I think they're definitely my favourite single deckers in the fleet!
Now those digits and that text is a lot more legible:

https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/13503...17699?s=21
(16 Jan 2021, 9:59 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Now those digits and that text is a lot more legible:

https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/13503...17699?s=21

Definitely, it leaves space for the words!
(16 Jan 2021, 11:03 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Definitely, it leaves space for the words!

I wonder if one of them will work their way down south.  Big Grin
The Yutongs have gained the Government's pointless green tags on the number plate.
I’ve just been looking at this image and wondering how many people (non-enthusiasts) actually see this pass and realise it’s actually fully electric. 
I feel this was a bit of a missed opportunity livery/branding wise for GNE to really shout about ultra clean green public transport and that its them who are delivering it.

Maybe at least some electric-blue variation of the ‘environmental leaves’ could be applied towards the rear with ‘Fully electric, zero emissions’ written within rather than the Euro 6 wording obviously.

https://flic.kr/p/2kV2E2J
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19