North East Buses

Full Version: VOLTRA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I think they look great. Really modern. Like Voltra to. Again modern and different good choice

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(30 Sep 2020, 8:53 pm)Swiny1 wrote [ -> ]I think they look great. Really modern. Like  Voltra to. Again modern and different good choice

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The issue is it looks like Best Impressions had a hand in the design, so i'd take a guess and say it's bordering on the boring side of 'modern'
Surprised nobody's noticed these on Flickr yet
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128789124@...datetaken/
The photos had only been uploaded 12 minutes before you posted the link.
(30 Sep 2020, 9:37 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Surprised nobody's noticed these on Flickr yet
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128789124@...datetaken/

Looking at that, I'm not particularly hopeful for the design to be honest. Plus, it really doesn't fit in with the corporate, which I thought was the plan for all future liveries
(30 Sep 2020, 9:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looking at that, I'm not particularly hopeful for the design to be honest. Plus, it really doesn't fit in with the corporate, which I thought was the plan for all future liveries
Yea my thoughts too. Just looks like a naff, new shape citaro....however will reserve judgment until branded. But yea not great first impressions
(30 Sep 2020, 9:53 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Yea my thoughts too. Just looks like a naff, new shape citaro....however will reserve judgment until branded. But yea not great first impressions

Could you perhaps say it's not a Best Impression?
Look striking and stylish so far, enough to be noticed by the general public which is the goal at the end of the day. Hope they don’t go too OTT with vinyls now.
(30 Sep 2020, 10:00 pm)James101 wrote [ -> ]Look striking and stylish so far, enough to be noticed by the general public which is the goal at the end of the day. Hope they don’t go too OTT with vinyls now.

Are we looking at the same vehicle?

It looks like a half arsed demo livery at best! 

That design can be accomplished with literally four clicks in Illustrator!
(30 Sep 2020, 9:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looking at that, I'm not particularly hopeful for the design to be honest. Plus, it really doesn't fit in with the corporate, which I thought was the plan for all future liveries

Holding out hope than vinyls will save it, but it really isn't the most inspiring choice of base colours. For electric vehicles, surely the way to go is loud, eye-catching colours to go along with the whole electricity theme?

For me, these two are far better at promoting eco-friendly, or electric, vehicles:
https://flic.kr/p/2iMxsyW

https://flic.kr/p/2jGvU7T
(30 Sep 2020, 10:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Are we looking at the same vehicle?

I understand the push to advertise its electric, however when the next 9 are acquired, will they go just as mad to promote it? Hope this style livery wont apply to all future electric vehicles....it will just become the new indigo
(30 Sep 2020, 10:09 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I understand the push to advertise its electric, however when the next 9 are acquired, will they go just as mad to promote it? Hope this style livery wont apply to all future electric vehicles....it will just become the new indigo

I do hope you're referring to the marketing rather than the livery when you use the word 'mad'!
(30 Sep 2020, 10:09 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I understand the push to advertise its electric, however when the next 9 are acquired, will they go just as mad to promote it? Hope this style livery wont apply to all future electric vehicles....it will just become the new indigo

This is part of the reason why I think a strong corporate livery makes things like this far easier. 

Essentially similar to what Arriva started doing (but failed to follow through on) in 2013. The livery the B5s and Streetlites carried was clearly an Arriva livery, but simultaneously promoted and made clear that they were eco-friendly. 

Same with First and their new corporate livery - all you'd need to do is paint the rear section the promotional colour and add some simple and professional branding. 

I think Transdev with their Harrogate Electrics are also professional - a striking base colour with simple, clean and modern branding.
(30 Sep 2020, 10:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Are we looking at the same vehicle?

I’m judging the livery on impact rather than complexity. Not sure designers are paid per click on illustrator?

(30 Sep 2020, 10:07 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Holding out hope than vinyls will save it, but it really isn't the most inspiring choice of base colours. For electric vehicles, surely the way to go is loud, eye-catching colours to go along with the whole electricity theme?

For me, these two are far better at promoting eco-friendly, or electric, vehicles:
https://flic.kr/p/2iMxsyW

https://flic.kr/p/2jGvU7T

I agree those liveries better shout about their eco credentials but I’m not actually sure the fuel method would ultimately persuade people to convert from car to bus. The GNE Yutong seems to strike the balance between promoting the electric aspect and presenting the bus as an attractive way to travel.  Hopefully the end product has a something like, or better than, the ‘Harrogate Electrics’ brand.
(30 Sep 2020, 10:18 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]This is part of the reason why I think a strong corporate livery makes things like this far easier. 

Essentially similar to what Arriva started doing (but failed to follow through on) in 2013. The livery the B5s and Streetlites carried was clearly an Arriva livery, but simultaneously promoted and made clear that they were eco-friendly. 

Same with First and their new corporate livery - all you'd need to do is paint the rear section the promotional colour and add some simple and professional branding. 

I think Transdev with their Harrogate Electrics are also professional - a striking base colour with simple, clean and modern branding.
I disagree, arriva, first, stagecoach attempt at branding is shockingly poor. My point was I dont get why they need to dedicate a whole brand to electric...like Stagecoach (if you can call it a brand) did to their gas buses.

Yes by all means promote the hell out of it....but incorporate the electric aspect a lot more into the brand (especially compared to the electric hybrid angel and coaster) I also dont agree with diverging from the "new style" format of new livery and branding. It seems like now it's been sidelined far too easily
(30 Sep 2020, 10:21 pm)James101 wrote [ -> ]I’m judging the livery on impact rather than complexity. Not sure designers are paid per click on illustrator?

I agree those liveries better shout about their eco credentials but I’m not actually sure the fuel method would ultimately persuade people to convert from car to bus. The GNE Yutong seems to strike the balance between promoting the electric aspect and presenting the bus as an attractive way to travel.  Hopefully the end product has a something like, or better than, the ‘Harrogate Electrics’ brand.

What impact though, the only 'interesting' thing about it is the green bit at the front, which stands out about as much as the yellow vinyls they've been putting on the front of their vehicles.

I really hope they've put some effort into the vinyls, otherwise it's going to look crap, but I'm not holding my breath
(30 Sep 2020, 10:36 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I disagree, arriva, first, stagecoach attempt at branding is shockingly poor. My point was I dont get why they need to dedicate a whole brand to electric...like Stagecoach (if you can call it a brand) did to their gas buses.

Yes by all means promote the hell out of it....but incorporate the electric aspect a lot more into the brand (especially compared to the electric hybrid angel and coaster) I also dont agree with diverging from the "new style" format of new livery and branding. It seems like now it's been sidelined far too easily
That was my entire point? 

Having a strong corporate livery makes things like this easier, as you can incorporate variations into the livery easier and punters still know its a *insert company name here* bus. You may not like Arriva, First or Stagecoach's branding but this is the approach they're all taking now too. 

I understand having a promotional brand for the first set, but there needs to be a pathway into a variant on the corporate livery down the line when electric/hydrogen vehicles become the norm (which they will, I'd imagine quite quickly).
(30 Sep 2020, 10:42 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]That was my entire point? 

Having a strong corporate livery makes things like this easier, as you can incorporate variations into the livery easier and punters still know its a *insert company name here* bus. You may not like Arriva, First or Stagecoach's branding but this is the approach they're all taking now too. 

I understand having a promotional brand for the first set, but there needs to be a pathway into a variant on the corporate livery down the line when electric/hydrogen vehicles become the norm (which they will, I'd imagine quite quickly).
From what I read it was that you wanted everyone to be like arriva, slap on the MAX lettering and call it a successful branding exercise.

My point was I dont get why you need dedicate a livery to electric vehicles, when after a few months it will be defunct anyway. Specially when further electric vehicles are acquired. IMO the electric aspect should be focused on the rear of the vehicle and the cant rail, without sacrificing almost 2 years of creating a new visual link between corporate and branded vehicles
(30 Sep 2020, 10:50 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]From what I read it was that you wanted everyone to be like arriva, slap on the MAX lettering and call it a successful branding exercise.

My point was I dont get why you need dedicate a livery to electric vehicles, when after a few months it will be defunct anyway. Specially when further electric vehicles are acquired. IMO the electric aspect should be focused on the rear of the vehicle and the cant rail, without sacrificing almost 2 years of creating a new visual link between corporate and branded vehicles

At the end of the day, an electric motor is just a different type of engine. It's still a bus that moves people. Not really anything special about it. 

I can see why they'd want a dedicated livery to promote the 'eco friendliness' of it, but I personally think the Green Arrow livery design should have been kept for the EVs, if they wanted to go down that route as it really would work as an eco livery.
All they'd have to do is think of a marketable name for it, like Voltra, and slap it on the side instead of the 'Green Arrow'
(30 Sep 2020, 7:50 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Back to convo, it just reminds me a bit of Team Valley Clipper colours

god I hated that livery as much as I hated those DAFs. Never has a livery made a naff old bus look even more naff and old
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19