North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Long time lurker, very occasional poster here.

A bit of a cheeky ask, but given the fact Percy Main is losing a lot of work this weekend, would anyone be willing to share current (i.e. up to 26th March) driver duty sheets? Purely for personal interest; I've previously stumbled across some from other depots on eBay but not Percy Main.

In the same manner that a lot of old train driver diagrams for Northern / Southeastern are available on the WhatDoTheyKnow website, albeit no-longer current for "security" reasons, such duty sheets would be gratefully received after this weekend's timetable change.

Sale prices subject to negotiation (!)
(24 Mar 2022, 7:52 pm)Train8261 wrote [ -> ]So 5 StreetDeck on the 26/50

Transfer of 5 StreetLite to Deptford for the 5/9

3 more StreetLite to Percy Main for 19/41/41A (2 already being there)

Washington also still have 2 Omnicities which have yet to transfer to Riverside.
(24 Mar 2022, 8:49 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]It appears 5420/21 have transferred to Deptford, unsure if a loan or permanent transfer. 5411 and 5419 are also currently working from Deptford. 
Are Consett still due to loose a couple of streetlites now the country rangers are back from refurb?

Consett should be losing 2 Streetlites iirc which would be 5410/5412 in accordance with Bus Times, To be fair Deptford have multiple Streetlites spare with PVR Reduction on "Prince Bishops", I wonder if some of these may then be painted into "Sunderland District Blue" rather than the initially planned Citaros, also could be that the "Prince Bishops / Drifters" get there long waited rebrand.
(25 Mar 2022, 8:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Consett should be losing 2 Streetlites iirc which would be 5410/5412 in accordance with Bus Times, To be fair Deptford have multiple Streetlites spare with PVR Reduction on "Prince Bishops", I wonder if some of these may then be painted into "Sunderland District Blue" rather than the initially planned Citaros, also could be that the "Prince Bishops / Drifters" get there long waited rebrand.
Pre-pandemic, my idea would be get the 60 & 20 new buses 20 every 10 mins to Durham, every 20 mins to South Sheilds 20 maybe deckers, 60 E200MMC

And get the 8 Drifters onto the 35, and 16 20's between the 61/55/X20
(25 Mar 2022, 8:36 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Washington also still have 2 Omnicities which have yet to transfer to Riverside.
Tomorrow if there last day I've heard
(25 Mar 2022, 8:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]also could be that the "Prince Bishops / Drifters" get there long waited rebrand.
Forgive me for going off topic a bit - I may be alone in thinking this, but while the Drifters are in desperate need of a repaint (or rather, new vinyls as they're in shocking condition up close, particularly on the rear), I hope if they do rebrand they don't drop the name (although who's betting on it soon being relaunched as "East Durham Seaside Rider" or something equally clumsy?).

Considering the age of the Citaros I'm a little surprised they're (seemingly) planning on repainting them, when I think they're likely to be replaced in the next few years.
(25 Mar 2022, 10:56 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Forgive me for going off topic a bit - I may be alone in thinking this, but while the Drifters are in desperate need of a repaint (or rather, new vinyls as they're in shocking condition up close, particularly on the rear), I hope if they do rebrand they don't drop the name (although who's betting on it soon being relaunched as "East Durham Seaside Rider" or something equally clumsy?).

Considering the age of the Citaros I'm a little surprised they're (seemingly) planning on repainting them, when I think they're likely to be replaced in the next few years.
Personally I like the name drifter. 

I think the Citaros especially with 08' plates will be replaced by drifters or prince bishops, and maybe some of the prince bishops or Drifter to replace some of the older versa's
Peterlee Depot has closed. Today.

I believe 59 & 204 will move to CLS operations. 

Idk whether there will just be cars for the Peterlee Drivers to change over in from Deptford.
(27 Mar 2022, 3:16 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Peterlee Depot has closed. Today.

Idk whether there will just be cars for the Peterlee Drivers to change over in from Deptford.
Also, the Q3s came from Percy Main depot this morning and Percy Main has taken over some 26 operations today as well.
(27 Mar 2022, 3:16 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Peterlee Depot has closed. Today.

According to Bus Times the 59 came from the A19, rather than Chester-Le-Street way, so maybe it might be ran by Depford but I agree with you that it should be ran from CLS.
(27 Mar 2022, 3:51 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]According to Bus Times the 59 came from the A19, rather than Chester-Le-Street way, so maybe it might be ran by Depford but I agree with you that it should be ran from CLS.

I'm not surprised you agree, it's like you're thinking with the same mind!
Hi Everyone,

For those interested in the last workings I managed to capture 3 of the 4 last Go North East workings on the Little Coasters 42/42A at Killingworth last night

627 last 42A northbound https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/51962979481/

626 last 42 southbound https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/51964805084/

651 last 42 northbound https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/51964909685/

I was able to travel on the last northbound workings changing at Killingworth followed by an unexpected hour in Cramlington as the 1822 GCT 42 failed to show Wink.

All the best

Ray
(27 Mar 2022, 3:51 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]According to Bus Times the 59 came from the A19, rather than Chester-Le-Street way, so maybe it might be ran by Depford but I agree with you that it should be ran from CLS.
Why should it be ran from CLS rather than Deptford? Considering its pretty much even dead milage and time to run light to/from Wheatley Hill/Thornley and utilises the same driver all day.
(27 Mar 2022, 5:15 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Why should it be ran from CLS rather than Deptford? Considering its pretty much even dead milage and time to run light to/from Wheatley Hill/Thornley and utilises the same driver all day.
Because it is closer to CLS. And it shouldn't be a Peterlee Purples Branded vehicle. 

It could work with the drivers on the 71 & CLS Town Centre Routes
(27 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Because it is closer to CLS. And it shouldn't be a Peterlee Purples Branded vehicle. 

The 59 only runs on a Sunday, the 71 and Chester Locals don't run on Sundays
(27 Mar 2022, 5:41 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The 59 only runs on a Sunday, the 71 and Chester Locals don't run on Sundays
Yes, so those drivers could work on that route as overtime. imo
(27 Mar 2022, 5:42 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Yes, so those drivers could work on that route as overtime. imo

Ah right sorry, some reason I thought u meant interwork... no idea why.
(27 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Because it is closer to CLS. And it shouldn't be a Peterlee Purples Branded vehicle. 

There's about a 1-2 mile difference between the two to reach Wheatley Hill/Thornley (Arnison Centre is irrelevant as there's no dead running from that end), also most of the Peterlee drivers who will likely already know the route will most likely be at Deptford now, CLS drivers would most likely need route learning to do it properly (or risk drivers just winging it)
(27 Mar 2022, 5:42 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Yes, so those drivers could work on that route as overtime. imo

Why put more cost in by drivers working overtime.  Surely it will be cheaper to do it from Deptford as part of the rota, so it gets covered at basic rate.

The 204/204A and 59 supposed to be operated by a corporate solo either 665 or 666, but as usually there’s a good Percentage there’s a Peterlee purple solo on, wasn’t it mentioned awhile ago that 2 services were going to Chester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(27 Mar 2022, 6:31 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Why put more cost in by drivers working overtime.  Surely it will be cheaper to do it from Deptford as part of the rota, so it gets covered at basic rate.

Which depot does the cathedral buses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26