North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(27 Sep 2022, 11:38 pm)ALavery wrote [ -> ]CityRider on the 39A this afternoon? Didn’t catch the fleet number unfortunately. To say the least it caught me by surprise.
It did when I drove past it - twice. Also spotted an ex-Saltwell StreetLite on the 700/702 yesterday.
(28 Sep 2022, 8:09 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]It did when I drove past it - twice. Also spotted an ex-Saltwell StreetLite on the 700/702 yesterday.
I know this has been argued 100 times already, but if everything was corp it would be so much easier and less of a deal, I guess with wrong allocations, essentially a wrong allocation wouldn’t exist.
(28 Sep 2022, 10:15 am)ALavery wrote [ -> ]I know this has been argued 100 times already, but if everything was corp it would be so much easier and less of a deal, I guess with wrong allocations, essentially a wrong allocation wouldn’t exist.
A wrong allocation would still exist. 

Streetdeck on the 34 would still be unacceptable if a single decker/solo was on the 50/X1. As they both should have streetdecks. 

But then it comes without branding what will be the actual allocations are we going to end up seieng E200 on the 51, and Streetlites on the 97. Branding policies to make sure routes should have the right allocation. Tho Riverside/Deptford and Washington tend to just do what they want anyways. 

Who allocates buses at depots? Is it like a seperate role or is a part of a bigger role?
(28 Sep 2022, 10:19 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]A wrong allocation would still exist. 

Streetdeck on the 34 would still be unacceptable if a single decker/solo was on the 50/X1. As they both should have streetdecks. 

But then it comes without branding what will be the actual allocations are we going to end up seieng E200 on the 51, and Streetlites on the 97. Branding policies to make sure routes should have the right allocation. Tho Riverside/Deptford and Washington tend to just do what they want anyways. 

Who allocates buses at depots? Is it like a seperate role or is a part of a bigger role?

One 34 board is booked for a Streetdeck…
(28 Sep 2022, 10:27 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]One 34 board is booked for a Streetdeck…
Why? 

Couldn't it just be an OmniDekka
(28 Sep 2022, 10:15 am)ALavery wrote [ -> ]I know this has been argued 100 times already, but if everything was corp it would be so much easier and less of a deal, I guess with wrong allocations, essentially a wrong allocation wouldn’t exist.
Tbh, even if everything was one livery, a decker on the 39s and a streetlite on the 700s would still be remarkable.
(28 Sep 2022, 10:35 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Tbh, even if everything was one livery, a decker on the 39s and a streetlite on the 700s would still be remarkable.
Leaving Park lane on the 700 (where A,B,C etc Stand is) is just a pain, especially on anything but a Solo.
(28 Sep 2022, 10:35 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Tbh, even if everything was one livery, a decker on the 39s and a streetlite on the 700s would still be remarkable.
Hahaha definitely!

What on earth is a peterlee purples doing at Eldon Square? 659 to be exact.
(28 Sep 2022, 1:46 pm)ALavery wrote [ -> ]Hahaha definitely!

What on earth is a peterlee purples doing at Eldon Square? 659 to be exact.
It was on loan to Washington after Sept Changes.

GNE will be incurring a few fines today for the 25/28/29 as they failed to put a Euro 6 bus on.
(28 Sep 2022, 10:27 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]One 34 board is booked for a Streetdeck…
That'll be 6373.

There's also a Crusader on the 21 today (again)
Why is a 34 board due to be a StreetDeck? Scholars?

XLINES Citaro 5328 seems to have ended up on 65s according to bus times. Another day whereby the 65 was suffering excessive delays of up to 25 minutes. A family member says a friend waited for 15 minutes after it was due for a 65 before eventually giving up.
(28 Sep 2022, 6:35 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Why is a 34 board due to be a StreetDeck? Scholars?

XLINES Citaro 5328 seems to have ended up on 65s according to bus times. Another day whereby the 65 was suffering excessive delays of up to 25 minutes. A family member says a friend waited for 15 minutes after it was due for a 65 before eventually giving up.
The thing with the 65, is they are so tightly timed and have a reduced capacity they're always late, every day 15-30 minutes late. Today the 16:25 to Seaham was running 20 minutes late like they do every day, and there was either 729/730 waiting for that bus to arrive, so why didn't the driver just bring another bus and just run the route on time? Is it so hard to give the 65 changeover drivers an actual bus to run a service on time? It's just common sense. 

Like Look, 65's constantly run with a delay, you would think whoever in charge at Depford would think, oh let's send them with another bus as more than likely the 65 is going to be late, we can improve customer satisfaction and experience by actually running a 65 on time for once. It's not rocket science, all you need is a few brain cells.
(28 Sep 2022, 7:41 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]The thing with the 65, is they are so tightly timed and have a reduced capacity they're always late, every day 15-30 minutes late. Today the 16:25 to Seaham was running 20 minutes late like they do every day, and there was either 729/730 waiting for that bus to arrive, so why didn't the driver just bring another bus and just run the route on time? Is it so hard to give the 65 changeover drivers an actual bus to run a service on time? It's just common sense. 

Like Look, 65's constantly run with a delay, you would think whoever in charge at Depford would think, oh let's send them with another bus as more than likely the 65 is going to be late, we can improve customer satisfaction and experience by actually running a 65 on time for once. It's not rocket science, all you need is a few brain cells.

All sound logical to me. I guess the question is who’s monitoring that sort of stuff ie. Late running etc. Is there a team at Bensham or wherever head office is based or is it one guy at each depot who’s also got other tasks and is looking after a large patch? Speaking of which, operational areas for each depot have only got bigger with CLS closure which can’t help. I’m guessing on some occasions the drivers turn up at Seaham (and other remote changeover locations) not knowing that the incoming service is severely delayed.
(28 Sep 2022, 4:00 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]It was on loan to Washington after Sept Changes.

GNE will be incurring a few fines today for the 25/28/29 as they failed to put a Euro 6 bus on.
Why?  The Clean air zone is not in place yet in Newcastle.
(29 Sep 2022, 6:25 am)R838PRG wrote [ -> ]Why?  The Clean air zone is not in place yet in Newcastle.
i believe in the contract it states a Euro 6 allocation.
(28 Sep 2022, 7:41 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]The thing with the 65, is they are so tightly timed and have a reduced capacity they're always late, every day 15-30 minutes late. Today the 16:25 to Seaham was running 20 minutes late like they do every day, and there was either 729/730 waiting for that bus to arrive, so why didn't the driver just bring another bus and just run the route on time? Is it so hard to give the 65 changeover drivers an actual bus to run a service on time? It's just common sense. 

Where do the 65 do driver changes?
How come allocations are still all over?

Has there been a Forward Plan released by the new MD on GNEs direction yet, maybe something to suggest most route brands will be dropped to smarten up the fleet and improve flexibility perhaps…..?
One can hope.
(29 Sep 2022, 8:54 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]How come allocations are still all over?

Has there been a Forward Plan released by the new MD on GNEs direction yet, maybe something to suggest most route brands will be dropped to smarten up the fleet and improve flexibility perhaps…..?
One can hope.
or maybe it's just incompetence.
(28 Sep 2022, 4:00 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]It was on loan to Washington after Sept Changes.

Who how is this actually checked. Is there a bloke with a clip board at elson square or Chester left street writing the regs down or even taking photos as evidence?
(29 Sep 2022, 9:31 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Who how is this actually checked. Is there a bloke with a clip board at elson square or Chester left street writing the regs down or even taking photos as evidence?
I assume GNE have to report the vehicles which were on it. But I do wonder about when services are delayed aswell especially on the 25 what happens, do GNE get fined?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31