North East Buses

Full Version: New GNE Logo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A new Peterlee Purples X6 Promotional picture has been shown for the upcoming changes, however one thing that has been spotted is a new Go North East logo[Image: 10A4A6D0-C88B-41E7-9847-FC7785B73340.jpeg]
I hope this isn't some new logo, looks far worse in comparison to the current
Looks bloody awful. Couldn't have took more than 2 seconds to make

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(23 Jun 2023, 10:17 am)Iamtheone8483748 wrote [ -> ]I hope this isn't some new logo, looks far worse in comparison to the current

The current logo is perfect, doesn’t need a change
Go-Ahead has rolled out a new logo, and any of their bus companies with a ‘Go’ prefix will need to replace their own logo with the Go-Ahead styled one, as shown in that graphic.

There will be an increased prominence of being part of the Go-Ahead Group across all bus businesses (so, as an example, Go South Coast’s individual brands will instead be Bluestar/Southern Vectis/Damory/Salisbury Reds part of Go-Ahead).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23 Jun 2023, 10:09 am)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]A new Peterlee Purples X6 Promotional picture has been shown for the upcoming changes, however one thing that has been spotted is a new Go North East logo[Image: 10A4A6D0-C88B-41E7-9847-FC7785B73340.jpeg]

Nowt like sorting out the important things. 

Priorities eh?
(23 Jun 2023, 10:23 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go-Ahead has rolled out a new logo, and any of their bus companies with a ‘Go’ prefix will need to replace their own logo with the Go-Ahead styled one, as shown in that graphic.

There will be an increased prominence of being part of the Go-Ahead Group across all bus businesses (so, as an example, Go South Coast’s individual brands will instead be Bluestar/Southern Vectis/Damory/Salisbury Reds part of Go-Ahead).

It's the most half-arsed logo I think I've ever seen, can't imagine how much Go-Ahead paid to get that done!
(23 Jun 2023, 10:25 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Nowt like sorting out the important things. 

Priorities eh?

Not sure what you’re getting at here…

This isn’t something Go North East has decided to do, and it isn’t something that they are prioritising over anything else.

(23 Jun 2023, 10:25 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Nowt like sorting out the important things. 

Priorities eh?
I understand that this is a Go Ahead Group initiative and nowt to do with the local team. 

I can't see it affecting any local priorities!
Guess I’m the only one that likes it.  
Simple, modern/clear font, and unifies the various companies somewhat.
(23 Jun 2023, 10:26 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not sure what you’re getting at here…

This isn’t something Go North East has decided to do, and it isn’t something that they are prioritising over anything else.

(23 Jun 2023, 10:47 am)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I understand that this is a Go Ahead Group initiative and nowt to do with the local team. 

I can't see it affecting any local priorities!

I never mentioned GNE. This wasn't me 'having a go' at GNE.
It's clearly a decision that impacts the divisions groupwide and has cost the organisation money, money the industry keeps telling us they don't have.

Meanwhile, passenger numbers continue to fall and I'd argue there's many other things that are more important than commissioning, designing, rolling out and sorting out vinyls for a new logo.
In addition to updating websites, apps, letterheads, uniforms, business cards and whatever else the old logo appeared on.
I really don't understand why they want to unify things. Two out of the three, 'worst group' and Arriva of the big ones have a horrid reputation and it drags it across the company. Least having disconnected names, the basket case areas like GoNorthEast don't drag down the alright areas like Brighton and Hove.
The new paymasters wanting to make a stamp.

Tbf, if any of the Go Ahead Group are experts at vinyl changes and rebranding it’s our friends at GNE.
I'm still waiting for them to get rid of the "simplygo.co.uk" that is still one of the buses ????
(23 Jun 2023, 11:30 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote [ -> ]I'm still waiting for them to get rid of the "simplygo.co.uk" that is still one of the buses ????
I doubt that's an urgent task........
(24 Jun 2023, 8:19 am)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I doubt that's an urgent task........

It does show a lack of care and attention in general
Personally, I don't care if they have a new logo, as long as the buses are running, that's all I care about.

No idea why people are making a massive deal about it......................
(23 Jun 2023, 11:30 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote [ -> ]I'm still waiting for them to get rid of the "simplygo.co.uk" that is still one of the buses ????

Wheres that?
(24 Jun 2023, 11:00 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Personally, I don't care if they have a new logo, as long as the buses are running, that's all I care about.

No idea why people are making a massive deal about it......................

And well that’s debatable! Especially if your bus route is a riverside operation…

(24 Jun 2023, 8:19 am)busmanT wrote [ -> ]I doubt that's an urgent task........

An incorrect website address is actually pretty shoddy - anyone who may try use that link will be faced with a broken link. Having said that I’m not sure if it’s a case that one bus has just been missed or a more widespread issue?
A poor move from the group which smacks of vanity. Buses are fundamentally a local product so diluting the relationship to place is retrograde step. Particularly for East Yorkshire, Brighton & Hove where their brands have a strong local identity.
Pages: 1 2 3