North East Buses

Full Version: Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(12 Jan 2017, 9:45 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Dads had to get back in his van at Consett because the snow is really heavy, they've got about 3 inches.

WHERE IS THE SNOW IN SUNDERLAND?

There was a light dusting around 5am this morning at Stanley. Was quite slippy too.
(12 Jan 2017, 2:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]There was a light dusting around 5am this morning at Stanley. Was quite slippy too.

It had all gone by the time I drove through at around 6:30am.
Is there still snow at consett?
It's snowing... Slowly in Sunderland.
(08 Feb 2017, 10:02 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It's snowing... Slowly in Sunderland.

Yep. There's a bit on the car. Nowt to get excited about like, but enough to freeze solid.

Husband's getting his hair cut for the first time in 6 months, tomorrow. He'll have a cold head.
Thank God this arctic weather didn't start until today, If this weather came in the Holidays I would've been fuming! Big Grin
(25 Apr 2017, 6:12 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Thank God this arctic weather didn't start until today, If this weather came in the Holidays I would've been fuming!  Big Grin

What's holidays? Tongue  Angel
(25 Apr 2017, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What's holidays? Tongue  Angel

School holidays haha, Wouldn't have minded some exotic place this time of year though  Tongue
(25 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]School holidays haha, Wouldn't have minded some exotic place this time of year though  Tongue

Wish i had the school holidays off, Tongue
(25 Apr 2017, 6:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wish i had the school holidays off, Tongue

I did... And this week too!  Big Grin
(25 Apr 2017, 6:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I did... And this week too!  Big Grin

I'm off next Thursday and Friday as i put some holidays in, then i have nothing till August.
(25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I'm off next Thursday and Friday as i put some holidays in, then i have nothing till August.

I shoudnt be moaning I suppose, I'm off for half of Friday and off the whole week after for work experience, And the weekend after is the Bank Holiday weekend so ive got a few more days off to come Wink
Husband has a few days off. He's alternating between painting and emailing the person he mentors at work who is struggling with something. I was glad of him being off when it hailed all afternoon, on and off, yesterday.

Michael will be jealous because we had a layer of snow, this morning.
(26 Apr 2017, 1:55 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Husband has a few days off. He's alternating between painting and emailing the person he mentors at work who is struggling with something. I was glad of him being off when it hailed all afternoon, on and off, yesterday.

Michael will be jealous because we had a layer of snow, this morning.

I am, we had snow this morning but it didn't lay, now its sunny.... Weather is confused.
(26 Apr 2017, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I am, we had snow this morning but it didn't lay, now its sunny.... Weather is confused.

Ours disappeared as soon as the sun came out. Still needed my gloves, this afternoon.
So, we cleverly managed to avoid the worst of the weather, today, but it seems there's been a twister in Darlo and flash flooding in Stanley, with Asbo and the bus station flooded and a sink hole opening up on Durham road, meaning the 16 is having to be diverted.

We just got pelted with dead blossom, waiting in the wind for the 20A in HoughtonBig Grin
(27 May 2017, 6:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]So, we cleverly managed to avoid the worst of the weather, today, but it seems there's been a twister in Darlo and flash flooding in Stanley, with Asbo and the bus station flooded and a sink hole opening up on Durham road, meaning the 16 is having to be diverted.

We just got pelted with dead blossom, waiting in the wind for the 20A in HoughtonBig Grin

I bet you have the met office app on your phone - failing to prepare and all that  Smile
(27 May 2017, 7:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I bet you have the met office app on your phone - failing to prepare and all that  Smile

I have more that the met office app. I've got the netweather storm radar which shows you exactly where there rain is (as of 10 minutes ago!) How heavy it is and which direction it's travelling, as well as the location of all lightning strikes in the past hour.

I've got one for snow, too Big Grin
I was at Hamsterley Forest today and i got caught in a thunderstorm, and the rain was really heavy, (even seen some fork lightning) luckily we had just started our walk so we went back to the car, we were still soaked through.
Winter, innit.
Even Michael might get some.
(30 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Even Michael might get some.

good ol' netweather. I have a skylight window (diagonal), and there's nothing to see due to snow cover. My room is dark as a result. It's like an igloo.
Normally can see far out of the window -- [Image: a5fe8cdf0fc726a89dde8a2667067ac1.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(30 Nov 2017, 12:47 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]good ol' netweather. I have a skylight window (diagonal), and there's nothing to see due to snow cover. My room is dark as a result. It's like an igloo.

They have a downside!

Gne reporting lots of parts of East Durham they can't serve. Arriva silent as ever, but I've seen 2 buses get through in 2 hours.
Whehey! A bus just went past!

Husband's having to pick littlun up from school because I've had no means of getting there.
Some people can't seem to comprehend the fact it's snowing, was waiting for a bus to Aycliffe in Darlington at 13:55, rejected a busy 7 after checking the app to see the 19 that would become my 5 was on time, at this point some woman starts whinging about the fact that the 13:50 service 8 to Spennymoor hadn't turned up yet and started saying that it was a joke that it wasn't here, "they've taken it off" etc, could have told her it would be 37 minutes late arriving into Darlington but she would probably have only start whinging even more. In the end she boarded my 5 to Bishop Auckland and kept moaning.

After boarding the 5 the weather looked a bit like this.[Image: 930847b2b3274842e606b9009d82460e.jpg]

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
YouTube or You've Been Framed.
If I was caught on CCTV performing a spectacular slip and fall in the snow earlier on, my next media appearance may be earlier than I thought.
(30 Nov 2017, 3:16 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some people can't seem to comprehend the fact it's snowing, was waiting for a bus to Aycliffe in Darlington at 13:55, rejected a busy 7 after checking the app to see the 19 that would become my 5 was on time, at this point some woman starts whinging about the fact that the 13:50 service 8 to Spennymoor hadn't turned up yet and started saying that it was a joke that it wasn't here, "they've taken it off" etc, could have told her it would be 37 minutes late arriving into Darlington but she would probably have only start whinging even more. In the end she boarded my 5 to Bishop Auckland and kept moaning.

After boarding the 5 the weather looked a bit like this.[Image: 930847b2b3274842e606b9009d82460e.jpg]

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Husband ended up skidding in spenny. I'd be surprised if the 8 could keep time at all.

(30 Nov 2017, 3:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]YouTube or You've Been Framed.
If I was caught on CCTV performing a spectacular slip and fall in the snow earlier on, my next media appearance may be earlier than I thought.

That's why I used my stick when I trudged down to the surgery, earlier (only to find my prescription wasn't ready)
Roads are horrendous this morning, not one road has been gritted, i'm on the 18 and the wheels are just spinning at Grindon.....

#NoGritters
(01 Dec 2017, 7:34 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Roads are horrendous this morning, not one road has been gritted, i'm on the 18 and the wheels are just spinning at Grindon.....

#NoGritters

Durham tweeted that they'd be out from 5am and, despite the fact that it's snowing again, things are passing our house (on a hill) without problem. They probably have a much bigger gritting budget than Sunderland, mind, what with all the hills.

Had some blooming loud thunder, around midnight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8