North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:36 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]What GNE could do next yeat is this to displace the B7TL Gemini 1's to a more behind the scenes role:

- Acquire a B5TL demo for the X1 for one month and if successful, then do the following:

- Order 7 B5TL's to replace 6001 to 6007.
- 6001 to 6003 would go to CLS for the Angel.
- 6004 would be a spare for the TTX.
- 6005 would be a spare for the X1.
- 6006 would be a spare for the Angel with 3962 or 65 acting as a push comes to shove role.
- 6007 would be a spare for the TEN with 3941 or 42 acting as a push comes to shove role.

According to a driver I know, as the Red Arrows have the oldest Gemini's in the fleet they are due to get B5's and the B9's displaced like so;

6001 - 6007 to Deptford for Prince Bishops
6049 - 6055 to Crook for Pronto

In my opinion, it would make perfect sense. If I'm honest, I think GNE should just put B5's on all of the luxurious routes, but I suppose they ordered B9's because they have more horsepower and are less expensive; Pat Armstrong, a Chester driver, said that each of the Angels cost £250,000.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:46 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]According to a driver I know, as the Red Arrows have the oldest Gemini's in the fleet they are due to get B5's and the B9's displaced like so;

6001 - 6007 to Deptford for Prince Bishops
6049 - 6055 to Crook for Pronto

In my opinion, it would make perfect sense. If I'm honest, I think GNE should just put B5's on all of the luxurious routes, but I suppose they ordered B9's because they have more horsepower and are less expensive; Pat Armstrong, a Chester driver, said that each of the Angels cost £250,000.

We all know that the Pronto needs new buses but not sure if they would come from the Red Arrows as their pretty new.

This could happen, as we know things change alot with GNE
(18 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]We all know that the Pronto needs new buses but not sure if they would come from the Red Arrows as their pretty new.

Perhaps it would be the other way around, as 6001 to 6007 are about a year older, aren't they?
(18 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]We all know that the Pronto needs new buses but not sure if they would come from the Red Arrows as their pretty new.

I wouldn't put my money on the Red Arrows stock being replaced yet, either.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I wouldn't put my money on the Red Arrows stock being replaced yet, either.

The company'll probably have a wee bit of debt after the huge Cobalt and Fab56 spending spree, so when you look at it, it might take about a year for a plan like this could be put into action.
(18 Mar 2014, 7:01 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]The company'll probably have a wee bit of debt after the huge Cobalt and Fab56 spending spree, so when you look at it, it might take about a year for a plan like this could be put into action.

I think if the prince bishops was to get deckers it would be new stock.

Not sure when that will happen.
As it was mentioned that Stanley possibly wouldn't be receiving anymore Citaros, is is possible the 17 would get Citaros, along with the Cobalt Connect? This would allow 5243-46 to transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 13/14/X22, allowing further Olympians to be withdrawn? Obviously one or two journeys would be deckers.

If you keep giving the Pronto older buses then there wont be any point in upgrading the service, its better to give the Pronto newer buses like 6049-6055. Although there are currently 7 branded pronto vehicles (I don't know if all are required) and if this does happen with those buses there would only be 6 branded buses so I would say 6001-6007 would be more useful although that is completely going against what I have just said Tongue
(18 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]If you keep giving the Pronto older buses then there wont be any point in upgrading the service, its better to give the Pronto newer buses like 6049-6055. Although there are currently 7 branded pronto vehicles (I don't know if all are required) and if this does happen with those buses there would only be 6 branded buses so I would say 6001-6007 would be more useful although that is completely going against what I have just said Tongue

But there 2-3 years old on the Red Arrow (expect for the spare), why buy new buses for them so sudden when other routes could benefit from new buses.
(18 Mar 2014, 7:13 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]If you keep giving the Pronto older buses then there wont be any point in upgrading the service, its better to give the Pronto newer buses like 6049-6055. Although there are currently 7 branded pronto vehicles (I don't know if all are required) and if this does happen with those buses there would only be 6 branded buses so I would say 6001-6007 would be more useful although that is completely going against what I have just said Tongue

6 buses do the full run on the Pronto and keep up a 3 hour trip from Bishop to Newcastle and back. It's been said before, but I think the reason so many Lolynes are seen on it at the minute is because 6041 is still under maintenance as far as I'm aware, I haven't seen it in ages. 6021 is always off the pits at Chester then two days later back on them. I know Lolynes aren't exactly reliable, but when it comes to what those President's produce, they might as well run the service themselves.
(18 Mar 2014, 7:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]But there 2-3 years old on the Red Arrow (expect for the spare), why buy new buses for them so sudden when other routes could benefit from new buses.

Ah right, now I get you, just with this bit of your previous comment 'not sure if they would come from the Red Arrows as their pretty new' sounded as if you meant giving the routes more older buses which wouldn't make much sense and wouldn't last long either.
(18 Mar 2014, 7:29 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]6 buses do the full run on the Pronto and keep up a 3 hour trip from Bishop to Newcastle and back. It's been said before, but I think the reason so many Lolynes are seen on it at the minute is because 6041 is still under maintenance as far as I'm aware, I haven't seen it in ages. 6021 is always off the pits at Chester then two days later back on them. I know Lolynes aren't exactly reliable, but when it comes to what those President's produce, they might as well run the service themselves.

I'd say lolynes are quite reliable, if they are used on the right routes. I know they cant be used but they couldn't handle X9/X10 or even X21 work day in, day out. They would be fine for the occasional day though.
(18 Mar 2014, 7:30 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Ah right, now I get you, just with this bit of your previous comment 'not sure if they would come from the Red Arrows as their pretty new' sounded as if you meant giving the routes more older buses which wouldn't make much sense and wouldn't last long either.

Ah sorry, i should of worded it better
(18 Mar 2014, 7:01 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]The company'll probably have a wee bit of debt after the huge Cobalt and Fab56 spending spree, so when you look at it, it might take about a year for a plan like this could be put into action.

Let's remember it's not Go North East who pay the upfront fee for the purchase of the new vehicles...

(18 Mar 2014, 7:06 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]As it was mentioned that Stanley possibly wouldn't be receiving anymore Citaros, is is possible the 17 would get Citaros, along with the Cobalt Connect? This would allow 5243-46 to transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 13/14/X22, allowing further Olympians to be withdrawn? Obviously one or two journeys would be deckers.

The only reason why Stanley wouldn't receive the Mercs is if the Mercs were not available for cascade. I'd suggest that the Cobalt Connect was more likely to receive any Mercs than the Centurion.

(18 Mar 2014, 7:17 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]But there 2-3 years old on the Red Arrow (expect for the spare), why buy new buses for them so sudden when other routes could benefit from new buses.

It can often help a business case by investing in massively profitable routes such as the Red Arrows. The cascades allow for the withdrawal of other vehicles and a number of services can receive an upgrade in the process.
In this instance, however, I really think it's unlikely that new stock would be purchased for the Red Arrows. At least for the moment anyway - as you say, it's very soon to purchase new stock.
I thought Stanley were not getting Mercs because of issues with the Diamond ones?
(18 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I thought Stanley were not getting Mercs because of issues with the Diamond ones?

That was never suggested.

The other day I mentioned that the Volvo B8RLE may be a better option for the "Lime" opposed to Mercs as Stanley appear to have had a number of issues with the Mercs allocated to the "Diamond" as of late. This could be something to do with engineering at Stanley, I don't know. It could be down to the actual vehicles.
Well, if the Crusader receives B5HL's, I reckon 5310-19 will go to Stanley for the ''Red Kite'' and 5328-30 and 5332 will go to Percy Main for the ''Cobalt Connect''. 5243-5246 would then transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 13/14 and X22.

In 2015, I reckon the ''Coaster'' will receive Citaros. All of them would transfer to Chester-le-Street, with 5251-52 would be a spare. 5261/62 would be used on the 71, 5263-67 would be used on the X25 and 5268-72 for the ''Waggonway''. This would allow for the withdrawal of nearly all B10BLE's, and Olympians/Presidents.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:36 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote [ -> ]What GNE could do next yeat is this to displace the B7TL Gemini 1's to a more behind the scenes role:

- Acquire a B5TL demo for the X1 for one month and if successful, then do the following:

- Order 7 B5TL's to replace 6001 to 6007.
- 6001 to 6003 would go to CLS for the Angel.
- 6004 would be a spare for the TTX.
- 6005 would be a spare for the X1.
- 6006 would be a spare for the Angel with 3962 or 65 acting as a push comes to shove role.
- 6007 would be a spare for the TEN with 3941 or 42 acting as a push comes to shove role.

I have seen a B7TL Gemini refurbished with similar seating to the B9TLs, so I don't believe they are likely to order any more Volvo double deckers for a while.
(18 Mar 2014, 8:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Well, if the Crusader receives B5HL's, I reckon 5310-19 will go to Stanley for the ''Red Kite'' and 5328-30 and 5332 will go to Percy Main for the ''Cobalt Connect''. 5243-5246 would then transfer to Chester-le-Street for the 13/14 and X22.

In 2015, I reckon the ''Coaster'' will receive Citaros. All of them would transfer to Chester-le-Street, with 5251-52 would be a spare. 5261/62 would be used on the 71, 5263-67 would be used on the X25 and 5268-72 for the ''Waggonway''. This would allow for the withdrawal of nearly all B10BLE's, and Olympians/Presidents.

Giving the fairly recent Coaster repaints, I think it would be 2016 before the route recieves any different buses. The Coaster has been double deck before, so it may be that the route may be upgraded to double deck in the near future.
I'd like to see GNE buy Volvo 7900 Hybrid Articulated for the X66.