You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: 2015/16 Football Season
(31 May 2016, 3:58 pm)Tom wrote Sturridge also in, doesn't deserve a place neither does Jordan Henderson.

I have to agree, if they didn't play for Liverpool then they wouldn't of got in.... same old team with a few new additions, we won't go far....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Jun 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian wrote A bit late on perhaps, but is anyone watching the England vs Scotland Euro 96 match on BBC1 Red Button?

Aye. Bringing back memories. 

I mentioned it in the TV thread a few days ago. There is mention of another game next Wednesday too
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01 Jun 2016, 8:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote Aye. Bringing back memories. 

I mentioned it in the TV thread a few days ago. There is mention of another game next Wednesday too

Aye, it's the Holland match isn't it?

You're right it certainly brought back some memories. Two proper footballing sides playing a proper game of football. None of this stand off and retreat nonsense.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(01 Jun 2016, 8:58 pm)Adrian wrote Aye, it's the Holland match isn't it?

You're right it certainly brought back some memories. Two proper footballing sides playing a proper game of football. None of this stand off and retreat nonsense.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36205524

It is the semi-final according to the link.

I would have loved them to show the Spain (cos I had a stinking hangover and cant really remember the game) or Holland (for obvious reasons) games to be honest.
Can't remember if it was them or ITV who broadcast those games live.
England v Portugal is on now..

Portugal down to 10 men after a wild challenge from Bruno Alves.... nearly took Harry Kane's head off.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Koeman set to leave Southampton but apparently Southampton have Pellegrini lined up to replace him. Wow what a manager it would be for them.

And Vardys move to Arsenal to be confirmed which is a real shame Sad Vardys playing style won't suit Araenal imo as he is great at chasing long balls etc. but Arsenals playing style is more about the build up play. Such a shame he won't stay for one more season! Wonder who could replace him at Leicester...
(05 Jun 2016, 12:13 am)Tom wrote Koeman set to leave Southampton but apparently Southampton have Pellegrini lined up to replace him. Wow what a manager it would be for them.

And Vardys move to Arsenal to be confirmed which is a real shame Sad Vardys playing style won't suit Araenal imo as he is great at chasing long balls etc. but Arsenals playing style is more about the build up play. Such a shame he won't stay for one more season! Wonder who could replace him at Leicester...

That's a good replacement... i would have Pellegrini. 

Shame, i bet he just sits on the bench for most of the season....

-----------

Soccer Aid is on tonight, ITV, i think its a 7:45pm kick off...

Squads 

Management
Jose Mourinho (Manager), Robbie Williams (Assistant Manager), Sam Allardyce (Assistant Manager) and Bradley Walsh (Coach)

Celebrities
Jonathan Wilkes (Captain), Louis Tomlinson, Olly Murs, Paddy McGuinness, Ben Shephard, Damian Lewis, Jack Whitehall, John Bishop, Mark Wright, Marvin Humes, Danny Jones and Jamie Theakston (Goalkeeper).

Legends
Jamie Carragher, Robbie Fowler, Phil Neville, Sol Campbell, Jermain Defoe, Danny Murphy, Kieron Dyer and David Seaman (Goalkeeper).

---------------

Rest of the World

Management
Claudio Ranieri (Manager) and Niall Horan (Assistant Manager).

Celebrities
Michael Sheen (Captain), Gordon Ramsay, Nicky Byrne, Sergio Pizzorno, Sir AP McCoy, Matthew Morrison, Shayne Ward, Rickie Haywood-Williams, Thom Evans, Iwan Rheon, Sean Fletcher and Patrick Kielty (Goalkeeper)

Legends
Ronaldinho, Cafu, Jaap Stam, Fabio Cannavaro, Dimitar Berbatov, Edgar Davids, Samuel Eto’o and Dida (Goalkeeper).

--------------

Lets hope Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) doesn't kill anyone... we all know what he is like in Game Of Thrones!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2016, 12:40 pm)Michael wrote That's a good replacement... i would have Pellegrini. 

Shame, i bet he just sits on the bench for most of the season....

-----------

Soccer Aid is on tonight, ITV, i think its a 7:45pm kick off...

Squads 

Management
Jose Mourinho (Manager), Robbie Williams (Assistant Manager), Sam Allardyce (Assistant Manager) and Bradley Walsh (Coach)

Celebrities
Jonathan Wilkes (Captain), Louis Tomlinson, Olly Murs, Paddy McGuinness, Ben Shephard, Damian Lewis, Jack Whitehall, John Bishop, Mark Wright, Marvin Humes, Danny Jones and Jamie Theakston (Goalkeeper).

Legends
Jamie Carragher, Robbie Fowler, Phil Neville, Sol Campbell, Jermain Defoe, Danny Murphy, Kieron Dyer and David Seaman (Goalkeeper).

---------------

Rest of the World

Management
Claudio Ranieri (Manager) and Niall Horan (Assistant Manager).

Celebrities
Michael Sheen (Captain), Gordon Ramsay, Nicky Byrne, Sergio Pizzorno, Sir AP McCoy, Matthew Morrison, Shayne Ward, Rickie Haywood-Williams, Thom Evans, Iwan Rheon, Sean Fletcher and Patrick Kielty (Goalkeeper)

Legends
Ronaldinho, Cafu, Jaap Stam, Fabio Cannavaro, Dimitar Berbatov, Edgar Davids, Samuel Eto’o and Dida (Goalkeeper).

--------------

Lets hope Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Bolton) doesn't kill anyone... we all know what he is like in Game Of Thrones!

It can't just be me who needs to put those 'celebs' in to google is it? I recognise 3/4 celeb names on each team. The others might as well be in Geordie Shore for all I know!
(05 Jun 2016, 5:31 pm)Andreos1 wrote It can't just be me who needs to put those 'celebs' in to google is it? I recognise 3/4 celeb names on each team. The others might as well be in Geordie Shore for all I know!

Ye, i had to Google a few haha 

Also Gordon Ramsay isn't taking part now, he has had a operation so can't participate. 

Can't wait to see Ronaldinho, Cafu, Dida and Davids.

Edit:

Pele, what an absolute legend.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Sunderland have gave some new contracts out so far:

Van Aanholt pens long-term deal

Sunderland AFC defender Patrick van Aanholt has put pen to paper on a new long-term deal at the Stadium of Light.
The 25-year-old Netherlands international has signed a new four-year contract, which will keep him on Wearside until 2020.

-----

Defoe signs contract extension

Sunderland AFC striker Jermain Defoe has signed a contract extension with the Black Cats
The frontman, who scored 18 goals in all competitions last season, has extended his current deal by another year, keeping him at the Stadium of Light until 2019.

---

Sunderland's 3rd kit:

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/...t-unveiled

Not sure i like it..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
What's everyone's predictions for the Euros then?

I think France will win, but I would also say Belgium could win it too. It's out of those for me, as I don't think Germany will win it. Would be nice for England to though!
(09 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm)Tom wrote What's everyone's predictions for the Euros then?

I think France will win, but I would also say Belgium could win it too. It's out of those for me, as I don't think Germany will win it. Would be nice for England to though!

Germany for me, Czech Republic v Germany in the final.

Would be, its going to be an interesting time for England, especially with all the young players in the squad.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2016, 1:40 am)Michael wrote Germany for me, Czech Republic v Germany in the final.

Would be, its going to be an interesting time for England, especially with all the young players in the squad.

Czech Republic is a long shot like! Can't see them even getting out of the group with Spain and Croatia in there.
Marxista Fozzski
Can I suggest this be locked and archived now...

There is a Euro thread and I have created a 16-17 Season Thread

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk