You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis
I haven't been on them for awhile, but curious do the E200MMC's / Iveco's have NSA announcements now?

If I'm right, there's a legal requirement to have them as of 2 days ago but wouldn't be surprised if they haven't bothered.
(03 Oct 2024, 10:33 pm)Storx wrote I haven't been on them for awhile, but curious do the E200MMC's / Iveco's have NSA announcements now?

If I'm right, there's a legal requirement to have them as of 2 days ago but wouldn't be surprised if they haven't bothered.

Legal requirement on all buses?
(03 Oct 2024, 10:41 pm)Storx wrote Just ones which are registered after the 1st October 2019 atm, it's phased in over a few years. Doesn't affect anyone else as they've been fitting NSA's to new vehicles for awhile now bar maybe some other independents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-r...nd-coaches

I used 0228 (registered 2020) yesterday morning. That didn't have working NSA, and tbh I didn't notice any kit installed. According to this press article, their Stratas are configured to carry 23 passengers, so they wouldn't fall into the 'small bus' category (less than 17 passengers)?

Looking at GCT's fleet list, pretty much everything that they run should be fitted with operational next stop announcements, per the new regulations? 
  • 0225-31/34/35 - 10x 20/70 plate Stratas.
  • 0236-41 - 6x 72/23 plate I-CITY MAX that supposedly seat 25.
  • 0312-33/35/36/37 - 25x 20/21/72/24 plate E200 MMCs

Does anyone know if the Durham P&R have them fitted and working?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(04 Oct 2024, 5:54 pm)Adrian wrote I used 0228 (registered 2020) yesterday morning. That didn't have working NSA, and tbh I didn't notice any kit installed. According to this press article, their Stratas are configured to carry 23 passengers, so they wouldn't fall into the 'small bus' category (less than 17 passengers)?

Looking at GCT's fleet list, pretty much everything that they run should be fitted with operational next stop announcements, per the new regulations? 
  • 0225-31/34/35 - 10x 20/70 plate Stratas.
  • 0236-41 - 6x 72/23 plate I-CITY MAX that supposedly seat 25.
  • 0312-33/35/36/37 - 25x 20/21/72/24 plate E200 MMCs

Does anyone know if the Durham P&R have them fitted and working?

Thanks for confirming, not surprised in the least that they haven't done it though mind. Wasn't sure on the capacity of the Strata's, mind I could imagine them being a bit cosy with 23 PAX on board.

Mind speaking of these NSA's, the school buses are a right grey area on whether they should have them aswell. Reading through the regulations there's only exceptions for closed door services and as far as I'm aware none of the services, especially in Nexus land and Durham are. If I'm right then these are going to fall under the same problem, and coaches aren't exempt either.

Be interesting to see how the likes of A Line react when they're forced to down the line in 2 year or so or whether Nexus changes the services to closed door to avoid it.
I will have to rubber neck a park and ride vehicle next time I walk past one. They rarely end up on the 62 and the same can be said for me.

I can't imagine 25 adults on one of those Ilebus jobbies. I'm a fairly small and slim woman with short legs and I'm pressing my knees into the seat in front on them.
(04 Oct 2024, 6:20 pm)Storx wrote Thanks for confirming, not surprised in the least that they haven't done it though mind. Wasn't sure on the capacity of the Strata's, mind I could imagine them being a bit cosy with 23 PAX on board.

Mind speaking of these NSA's, the school buses are a right grey area on whether they should have them aswell. Reading through the regulations there's only exceptions for closed door services and as far as I'm aware none of the services, especially in Nexus land and Durham are. If I'm right then these are going to fall under the same problem, and coaches aren't exempt either.

Be interesting to see how the likes of A Line react when they're forced to down the line in 2 year or so or whether Nexus changes the services to closed door to avoid it.

Probably the least of their worries. Until 2nd November anyway.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(04 Oct 2024, 6:20 pm)Storx wrote Thanks for confirming, not surprised in the least that they haven't done it though mind. Wasn't sure on the capacity of the Strata's, mind I could imagine them being a bit cosy with 23 PAX on board.

Never mind the NSAs, I’m more bothered about unsuitable buses (E200MMCs)on my route, the 351. It regularly turns up at my stop full and standing now. Although it is good to see more passengers from new estates using the bus, it would be good to have bigger buses to accommodate them.