Menu

Pages (90)    188 89 90
stagecoachfan   07 Jun 2024, 8:38 pm
(07 Jun 2024, 7:21 pm)Bus Lad Roy wrote Scrap or repair?

It's in the dead row with some bits missing at the back end
F114TML   07 Jun 2024, 11:37 pm
Shame cos when it left it was far and away the best of the lot. Had a lot of work done last year.
toward6931   09 Jun 2024, 11:09 am
(07 Jun 2024, 12:06 am)col87 wrote A lot of the Hartlepool is now either withdrawn or spending quite a bit of time off the road and the buses they are managing to  put out on the road are struggling to last a full day something seriously needs to be done about it but as it stands Hartlepool is unlikely to get brand new buses again unfortunately.

A lot of the Hartlepool is now either withdrawn or spending quite a bit of time off the road and the buses they are managing to  put out on the road are struggling to last a full day something seriously needs to be done about it but as it stands Hartlepool is unlikely to get brand new buses again unfortunately.

They ideally need to receive some decent cascades from somewhere while waiting for the new electrics, although im not hopeful they will turn up in time or in sufficient numbers
col87   09 Jun 2024, 12:02 pm
(09 Jun 2024, 11:09 am)toward6931 wrote They ideally need to receive some decent cascades from somewhere while waiting for the new electrics, although im not hopeful they will turn up in time or in sufficient numbers
They needs something doing but Hartlepool is never a priority.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   09 Jun 2024, 12:05 pm
(09 Jun 2024, 11:09 am)toward6931 wrote They ideally need to receive some decent cascades from somewhere while waiting for the new electrics, although im not hopeful they will turn up in time or in sufficient numbers

Wonder if some of the Sunderland buses will end up at Hartlepool by end of the year?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Storx   09 Jun 2024, 4:42 pm
(09 Jun 2024, 12:05 pm)Michael wrote Wonder if some of the Sunderland buses will end up at Hartlepool by end of the year?

I'm not sure there's going to be anything coming from Sunderland, they need more buses to get rid of the gas buses before they can do that. 

I'm assuming (might be wrong) that the post you quoted was referring to the Slatyford and Stockton electrics which should see enough to displace most the old stuff.

I'd assume the buses will come from South Shields or out the region instead though, remember Hartlepool can't do maintenance on E300's or the E200 MMC's
Michael   09 Jun 2024, 4:53 pm
(09 Jun 2024, 4:42 pm)Storx wrote I'm not sure there's going to be anything coming from Sunderland, they need more buses to get rid of the gas buses before they can do that. 

I'm assuming (might be wrong) that the post you quoted was referring to the Slatyford and Stockton electrics which should see enough to displace most the old stuff.

I'd assume the buses will come from South Shields or out the region instead though, remember Hartlepool can't do maintenance on E300's or the E200 MMC's

Think they'll be around 10 gas buses left in service once the electric buses enter service, no doubt, you're right about us getting more 2nd hand crap to replace them though.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Storx   09 Jun 2024, 8:39 pm
(09 Jun 2024, 4:53 pm)Michael wrote Think they'll be around 10 gas buses left in service once the electric buses enter service, no doubt, you're right about us getting more 2nd hand crap to replace them though.

Yeah thought it was something like that, agreed though. Be interesting to see what replaces them as they really need to go as a matter of urgency really.

Mind I was up near Aberdeen the other week and they had an Enviro 200 and an Enviro 300 on the 35 (Inverness / Elgin to Aberdeen via Banff) which I couldn't think of anything worse, it's bad enough for 20 minutes nevermind hours so seems like the North East isn't the only place struggling.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LVK 404L   10 Jun 2024, 7:30 am
E200s 37318 has transferred to Sunderland and 37319 has transferred to Hartlepool.

Loan or permanents?
col87   10 Jun 2024, 8:12 am
(09 Jun 2024, 4:42 pm)Storx wrote I'm not sure there's going to be anything coming from Sunderland, they need more buses to get rid of the gas buses before they can do that. 

As I said before the plan is some of Stocktons fleet will move to Hartlepool once they get the new electric buses.  How this will work I don’t know but this was from the Stagecoach management themselves who have said this.
Bus Lad Roy   10 Jun 2024, 5:28 pm
(07 Jun 2024, 12:06 am)col87 wrote A lot of the Hartlepool is now either withdrawn or spending quite a bit of time off the road and the buses they are managing to  put out on the road are struggling to last a full day something seriously needs to be done about it but as it stands Hartlepool is unlikely to get brand new buses again unfortunately.

A lot of the Hartlepool is now either withdrawn or spending quite a bit of time off the road and the buses they are managing to  put out on the road are struggling to last a full day something seriously needs to be done about it but as it stands Hartlepool is unlikely to get brand new buses again unfortunately.

24169 on dead row at Stockton with panels missing.
F114TML   10 Jun 2024, 8:46 pm
(07 Jun 2024, 5:19 pm)V514DFT wrote Shame cus MAN produced the ALX300's which were decent workhorses

Completely different chassis and engine though.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
stagecoachfan   11 Jun 2024, 9:09 am
(10 Jun 2024, 8:46 pm)F114TML wrote Completely different chassis and engine though.

Same engine used in the 18.220/18.240 and in the 14.220, the MAN D0836
stagecoachfan   13 Jun 2024, 10:14 am
(07 Jun 2024, 6:09 am)LVK 404L wrote 39731 back in Sunderland today according to Bustimes

Makes you wonder why it came down. It was only at Stockton for 3 and a half days before it went back.
Dans_bus_photos   13 Jun 2024, 3:57 pm
(13 Jun 2024, 10:14 am)stagecoachfan wrote Makes you wonder why it came down. It was only at Stockton for 3 and a half days before it went back.

Vehicle shortage maybe? 
I've noticed Sunderland and Shields are getting vehicles MOT'd at Stockton now. Anyone know why Sunderland have stopped doing them?
Kuyoyo   13 Jun 2024, 4:24 pm
(13 Jun 2024, 3:57 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote Vehicle shortage maybe? 
I've noticed Sunderland and Shields are getting vehicles MOT'd at Stockton now. Anyone know why Sunderland have stopped doing them?

Believe there’s issues with Sunderland’s Testing lane
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
stagecoachbusdepot   13 Jun 2024, 5:01 pm
(13 Jun 2024, 4:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Believe there’s issues with Sunderland’s Testing lane

Seems mad to trail down to Stockton rather than use Newcastle facilities, has to be getting on for twice the distance
Storx   13 Jun 2024, 6:09 pm
(13 Jun 2024, 5:01 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Seems mad to trail down to Stockton rather than use Newcastle facilities, has to be getting on for twice the distance

Won't be much in it time wise. Remember you can't go through Newcastle because of the LEZ. Stockton is a bomb down the A19, then a couple minutes down Portrack Lane. Just had a Google search for them as I was curious and it's 36 minutes to Stockton, 31 minutes to Slatyford and 29 minutes to Walkergate without traffic and there's a tunnel fee for Walkergate. 

Travelling across Newcastle is a joke lately aswell.
Bus Lad Roy   15 Jun 2024, 2:38 pm
(11 Jun 2024, 9:09 am)stagecoachfan wrote Same engine used in the 18.220/18.240 and in the 14.220, the MAN D0836

I was on 26293 earlier whilst it was working the 59 to Middlesbrough.   The whole left headlamp was being held in by black gaffa tape.
stagecoachbusdepot   15 Jun 2024, 9:14 pm
(13 Jun 2024, 6:09 pm)Storx wrote Won't be much in it time wise. Remember you can't go through Newcastle because of the LEZ. Stockton is a bomb down the A19, then a couple minutes down Portrack Lane. Just had a Google search for them as I was curious and it's 36 minutes to Stockton, 31 minutes to Slatyford and 29 minutes to Walkergate without traffic and there's a tunnel fee for Walkergate. 

Travelling across Newcastle is a joke lately aswell.

Double the mileage though, which would more than offset the tunnel cost...  Dont think there's any LEZ between Sunderland and Walkergate (must admit I forgot about that for Slatyford) Of course Walkergate on a weekend when the Tunnel is a ball ache would be less sensible.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   15 Jun 2024, 9:18 pm
(15 Jun 2024, 9:14 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Double the mileage though, which would more than offset the tunnel cost...  Dont think there's any LEZ between Sunderland and Walkergate (must admit I forgot about that for Slatyford) Of course Walkergate on a weekend when the Tunnel is a ball ache would be less sensible.

Chances are there are no fees for Stagecoach running through the tunnel either.

The holder of the cross-Tyne Nexus contract gets free tunnel fees for their fleet - a privilege that isn’t often removed even if the contract is lost…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stagecoachbusdepot   15 Jun 2024, 9:27 pm
(15 Jun 2024, 9:18 pm)Dan wrote Chances are there are no fees for Stagecoach running through the tunnel either.

The holder of the cross-Tyne Nexus contract gets free tunnel fees for their fleet - a privilege that isn’t often removed even if the contract is lost…

Interesting, didn't know that.  Don't think I've ever been through the tunnel on a bus but had wondered in the old days of manned ticket booths etc how that worked with PSVs!
Dan   15 Jun 2024, 9:40 pm
(15 Jun 2024, 9:27 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Interesting, didn't know that.  Don't think I've ever been through the tunnel on a bus but had wondered in the old days of manned ticket booths etc how that worked with PSVs!

Nowadays it’s all based on vehicle registrations which are on a whitelist so are exempt from paying fees. Given the frequent movement of buses between depots, I understand entire fleets are exempt (even if they aren’t operating on the cross-Tyne Nexus contract).

When the barriers were there, northbound buses were supposed to use a specific lane, “scan” a tunnel permit box (given to operators of the cross-Tyne contract), and then go through that barrier. From memory it was the second from right lane on northbound journeys (southbound being through the bus lane). I recall a number of occasions where the boxes didn’t work and drivers simply told the tunnel operatives on the radio that they were a Go North East bus on the 9 (or whichever service number it was at that moment in time), and they’d be let through.

Must be a considerable amount of revenue which TT2 are forfeiting from bus operators since the move to the whitelist!

Storx   15 Jun 2024, 9:44 pm
(15 Jun 2024, 9:14 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Double the mileage though, which would more than offset the tunnel cost...  Dont think there's any LEZ between Sunderland and Walkergate (must admit I forgot about that for Slatyford) Of course Walkergate on a weekend when the Tunnel is a ball ache would be less sensible.

Yeah that's true about milage mind, can't argue about that.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lottie332   Yesterday, 5:37 pm
(19 May 2024, 6:55 am)ReDemPTiion wrote 22341’s  MOT expires 14th June 2024 does anyone know if this will get another MOT or will it be withdrawn?

Got a new mot i believe its only temp tho with the leccys due in jan and with the latest rumor stocktons due 3 buses from else where to cover for the buses VOR pending the service reliabilities at the end of this month/next month
Attached Files
Pages (90)    188 89 90