You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

How long have you been on this Forum for?

Just curious, how long has everybody been on this forum for?, for me it'll be 10 years this Thursday (20th June 2024)
Kind Regards
Tez
RE: How long have you been on this Forum for?
15th February, 2013, 08:31 pm was my registration date and time apparently. 

Doesn't time fly?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
November 2016, but I'd been a lurker for a while longer. Can't remember why I finally joined, but I'd either seen something unusual while out on my travels that I wanted to let you all know about, or, more likely, I was in need of some information from all you knowledgeable people .....
Since 25 Aug 2018, 10:13 pm apparently!

Had a quick look back at my first post and unsurprisingly it contains my 2 favourite topics, the X21 and Next Stop Announcements!

How times haven't changed!

Although, I'm fairly sure I had another account before that but I got locked out of it and the password reset email never came through and had to make a new one.
I joined on January 26th 2014, this will be post 10989.

I think my first post was complaining about capacity on the Sapphire 7 before the introduction of E400s but is no longer viewable as thread was removed.

I would rather forget some of the posts I made in the 'What's Annoying You Today?' in my first few years on here, you'll be pleased to hear that I've mellowed out with age.
(18 Jun 2024, 10:58 pm)Jimmi wrote I joined on January 26th 2014, this will be post 10989.

I think my first post was complaining about capacity on the Sapphire 7 before the introduction of E400s but is no longer viewable as thread was removed.

I would rather forget some of the posts I made in the 'What's Annoying You Today?' in my first few years on here, you'll be pleased to hear that I've mellowed out with age.

And I, for one, am pleased to see you still here - in my early "lurker" days I quickly got a feel for who knew what they were talking about, and who was just making up a load of cobblers for whatever reason, and you were definitely in the former category.  If I saw your name against a post, I knew I could trust it!
(18 Jun 2024, 10:58 pm)Jimmi wrote I joined on January 26th 2014, this will be post 10989.

I think you may of been one of the first people i spoke to on here, at the time i didnt really understand allocations, and you replied but you were nice enough about it, i think it was a Wright Renown on Arriva's peak X9 (became the X6)(going back some time there), i actually joined this forum cus 2014 wasnt a good year for me, was put into a Temporary Accomodation after the breakdown of my 2½ year relationship to which i had a 2 year old son with (he's 12 now), so yeah, thats how i got here, and i dont regret it at all, i think i joined RailForums at roughly the same time for the Metrocar refurbishments, but yes, its certainly flown by
Kind Regards
Tez
Great to hear my input is well received and trusted, I try to ensure gen is correct or at least claim something is merely speculation (Abbotts of Leeming never did get those new Solo SRs). Sadly ain't quite as active as I once was, due to various commitments taking up more of my time and a slight loss in interest, plus there's far more people taking pics and the like since I started snapping in May 2014 (my Flickr turns 10 in September: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/), still uploading there most days, from various parts of the country.
Great to hear my input is well received and trusted, I try to ensure gen is correct or at least claim something is merely speculation (Abbotts of Leeming never did get those new Solo SRs). Sadly ain't quite as active as I once was, due to various commitments taking up more of my time and a slight loss in interest, plus there's far more people taking pics and the like since I started snapping in May 2014 (my Flickr turns 10 in September: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/), still uploading there most days, from various parts of the country.