You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Fleet Changes - Winter 2024
(Yesterday, 10:31 pm)davao123 wrote The E400MMCs should be arriving in the North East, once they've finished doing rail replacements in Merseyside.

The first has reportedly arrived at Durham tonight in the form of YX16OJR (6545).
(Yesterday, 10:48 pm)PH - BQA wrote The first has reportedly arrived at Durham tonight in the form of YX16OJR (6545).

I believe its at Durham Bus Station at the minute for driver familiarisation
To be fair, I'm surprised the don't just transfer some of Redcar's B9's to swap for more E400 MMC's that Durham are getting. I know some of the B9's are struggling a lot with the X93. But I don't know how good the 16 Plate ones that Durham are getting actually are.
(9 hours ago)Mike_98 wrote To be fair, I'm surprised the don't just transfer some of Redcar's B9's to swap for more E400 MMC's that Durham are getting. I know some of the B9's are struggling a lot with the X93. But I don't know how good the 16 Plate ones that Durham are getting actually are.

I'd say the X93 needs something less than 3 year old given for a route like that, any vehicle type would be on the front line for 5-7 years.

Best option would be:

- 6x B9TL to Blyth (with Euro 6 upgrade), they would be fine on the 43/44/45 and 306/308. Blyth expresses shouldn't be too much harder.
- 6x 14/64 plate E400 classics from Blyth to Ashington for use on anything except the X14/X15/X18. Could also be used on X16/X20.
- 6x 72 plate E400MMC from Ashington to Whitby/Redcar.
(9 hours ago)L469 YVK wrote I'd say the X93 needs something less than 3 year old given for a route like that, any vehicle type would be on the front line for 5-7 years.

Best option would be:

- 6x B9TL to Blyth (with Euro 6 upgrade), they would be fine on the 43/44/45 and 306/308. Blyth expresses shouldn't be too much harder.
- 6x 14/64 plate E400 classics from Blyth to Ashington for use on anything except the X14/X15/X18. Could also be used on X16/X20.
- 6x 72 plate E400MMC from Ashington to Whitby/Redcar.

The X15 and X18 also need something less than 3 year old aswell... The B9TL's at Blyth is an absolutely horrific idea aswell. Let's take away the most reliable vehicles at a depot which can't keep buses on the road as it is and replace them with the most unreliable vehicles in the fleet.

If you're going to do this.

6x B9TL -> Durham
6x 16 Plate MMC's -> Ashington
4x 72 Plate MMC's -> Redcar

Least Ashington gain some more deckers which they badly need in the process and is a fair compromise.
(4 hours ago)Storx wrote The X15 and X18 also need something less than 3 year old aswell... The B9TL's at Blyth is an absolutely horrific idea aswell. Let's take away the most reliable vehicles at a depot which can't keep buses on the road as it is and replace them with the most unreliable vehicles in the fleet.

If you're going to do this.

6x B9TL -> Durham
6x 16 Plate MMC's -> Ashington
4x 72 Plate MMC's -> Redcar

Least Ashington gain some more deckers which they badly need in the process and is a fair compromise.

Because Durham really needs to replace tatty, knackered old vehicles with even more tatty, knackered old vehicles. We might not have many fast routes but we have some pretty hilly ones and it would be nice to have some buses that don’t feel like they need passengers to get out and give them a push.
Fleet Changes - Winter 2024
Have seen suggestion that Durham drivers are heading to Merseyside on Tuesday to pick those six up. Assume the rest from Kent will continue to arrive one by one as they get more of their new ones into service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(3 hours ago)tyresmoke wrote Have seen suggestion that Durham drivers are heading to Merseyside on Tuesday to pick those six up. Assume the rest from Kent will continue to arrive one by one as they get more of their new ones into service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did hear the 14th was the last day for them to be operated on Rails in Merseyside.
(3 hours ago)BusLoverMum wrote   Because Durham really needs to replace tatty, knackered old vehicles with even more tatty, knackered old vehicles. We might not have many fast routes but we have some pretty hilly ones and it would be nice to have some buses that don’t feel like they need passengers to get out and give them a push.

Don't disagree, but you have to remember there's the electrics on order for the X46 etc so they'd only be a stop gap. Unless they've been cancelled? Haven't heard much about them tbh.