You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stars and planets
After a bit advice, so if you can hang with me on this one...

Apart from the stuff you do as a kid, stars and planets have never appealed to me at all.
The only thing connected with space, that even got me excited was a Mars Bar or a Milky Way.

Until receny that is...

I have lost count at how many clear skies I have seen recently. An obvious by product, is the endless vision of stars and distant planets.
Based on nothing more than curiosity, I have been wondering which clump of stars made which constellation and which of them was Venus or Pluto.

Downloaded one of those apps, where you can view the stars etc through your phone - but bearing in mind I am a complete novice, do any of you have any tips to share?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
RE: Stars and planets
(24 Jan 2014, 5:09 pm)andreos1 wrote After a bit advice, so if you can hang with me on this one...

Apart from the stuff you do as a kid, stars and planets have never appealed to me at all.
The only thing connected with space, that even got me excited was a Mars Bar or a Milky Way.

Until receny that is...

I have lost count at how many clear skies I have seen recently. An obvious by product, is the endless vision of stars and distant planets.
Based on nothing more than curiosity, I have been wondering which clump of stars made which constellation and which of them was Venus or Pluto.

Downloaded one of those apps, where you can view the stars etc through your phone - but bearing in mind I am a complete novice, do any of you have any tips to share?

A telescope. Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
RE: Stars and planets
(24 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm)aureolin wrote A telescope. Wink

The restraining order put in place by busty blonde who lives across the road, may hinder that one Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'