You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

A Life Changing Sight on Tyne Bridge

Had the misfortune to be at an event with work at Copthorne Hotel today. Went for a drink with colleagues at Wetherspoons afterwards.

Noticed a fella at the very top of the Tyne Bridge (and I mean the top)

He seemed to be there for ages.

Then....the poor bugger jumped. He ran and jumped. It was unreal, like a scene from a movie. My heart felt like it stopped, utterly horrific

Don't suppose the poor sod survived
Site Administrator
RE: A Life Changing Sight on Tyne Bridge
(28 Apr 2014, 11:10 pm)gtom wrote Had the misfortune to be at an event with work at Copthorne Hotel today. Went for a drink with colleagues at Wetherspoons afterwards.

Noticed a fella at the very top of the Tyne Bridge (and I mean the top)

He seemed to be there for ages.

Then....the poor bugger jumped. He ran and jumped. It was unreal, like a scene from a movie. My heart felt like it stopped, utterly horrific

Don't suppose the poor sod survived

The Chronicle covered it and he did indeed survive. One of my friends on Facebook got a photo of the guy mid-jump (see attached).
.jpg 10313524_837011152980051_9175533647293073040_n.jpg
Never ever going to leave me that sight.

I hope he pulls through.

I have suffered with anxiety and depression in my life and I've seen dark times but I've never ever felt like that.

If anyone here ever feels like things are going to get on top of them I urge you to try the Samaritans, you can even email them now. Whatever is happening, there is nothing that cannot be solved or that you cannot get help with.

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-hel...contact-us

just seen on Northumbria Police Twitter page that the individual has passed away. Tragic
Seen someone threatening to jump off the Redheugh Bridge and High Level bridge before.

Think the worse one I've seen is when I was on a bus waiting at Traffic lights on Newgate Street, but I happened to look out of the window to see a old fella just suddenly stop rigid and fell backwards. It was an eerie feeling, it was just as if time was moving slowly, and when he hit the ground his glasses went flying. It still haunts me now and again.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Yeah, the Chronicle have updated their story to say he had died during the night.

Sympathies go out to the guy and his family and those like gtomlinson who unfortunately were witness to it.

I may be telling you how to suck eggs, but find someone who can listen and don't bottle it up if its affecting you.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
That's terrible, he must of being in a horrible place =(

R.I.P, his family have my Sympathy =(

I remember when i seen a young lass on the Sunderland bridge, she was about 18-20 year old.

She didn't jump but felt really unconformable seen her on the side of it, the bus i was on stopped right in front of her cause of the traffic.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.