You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Examinations
The English Language was alright this morning, as was Geography this afternoon (despite the fire alarm sounding half-way through and knocking my trail of thought a bit). I missed out the 8 marker for the Globalisation unit as I had no earthly idea for it, however, it seems to have been referring to renewable energy in Spain with its 400 windfarms. Don't think many people cottoned on either. 

Likewise, some questions on the Medicine paper for History yesterday morning were okay. The 16 marker (+3 for SPaG) was fine, but as per usual, I ended up chasing my own backside for most of the paper and ultimately didn't finish. Still got American West and Impact of War to go. Big Grin
(06 Jun 2017, 3:45 pm)R852 PRG wrote The English Language was alright this morning, as was Geography this afternoon (despite the fire alarm sounding half-way through and knocking my trail of thought a bit). I missed out the 8 marker for the Globalisation unit as I had no earthly idea for it, however, it seems to have been referring to renewable energy in Spain with its 400 windfarms. Don't think many people cottoned on either. 

Likewise, some questions on the Medicine paper for History yesterday morning were okay. The 16 marker (+3 for SPaG) was fine, but as per usual, I ended up chasing my own backside for most of the paper and ultimately didn't finish. Still got American West and Impact of War to go. Big Grin

Was it not Three Gorges Dam for globalisation? Our teacher said it was after the exam.
(08 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm)R852 PRG wrote Maths was pretty much equivalent to suicide fuel this morning. 

Science and Economics tomorrow.

Yeah the last questions in the Maths were ridiculous! How the hell were you meant to work out the one with the circles and rectangles with only the radius?
(08 Jun 2017, 7:05 pm)Tom wrote Yeah the last questions in the Maths were ridiculous! How the hell were you meant to work out the one with the circles and rectangles with only the radius?

How was your Biology yesterday?

My Additional Science had some bizarre questions, especially Chemistry. Made a few mistakes on Biology and Physics, but not too bothered. 

The question focus of section C of my Economics paper was Lego, and Five Guys made an appearance in section B. Tongue
(10 Jun 2017, 10:05 am)R852 PRG wrote How was your Biology yesterday?

My Additional Science had some bizarre questions, especially Chemistry. Made a few mistakes on Biology and Physics, but not too bothered. 

The question focus of section C of my Economics paper was Lego, and Five Guys made an appearance in section B. Tongue

I thought it was quite an easy paper actually, though I look at it thinking the grade boundaries will higher anyway - though it had 2 6 mark questions which was a surprise (one on speciation and one on experiments and quadrats) - Got chemistry on Wednesday and Physics on Friday (last one!)

I'm thinking of taking Economics next year as I'm sick of Business Studies - is it any good?
(10 Jun 2017, 1:38 pm)Tom wrote I thought it was quite an easy paper actually, though I look at it thinking the grade boundaries will higher anyway - though it had 2 6 mark questions which was a surprise (one on speciation and one on experiments and quadrats) - Got chemistry on Wednesday and Physics on Friday (last one!)

I'm thinking of taking Economics next year as I'm sick of Business Studies - is it any good?

Yeah, I had a 6 mark question on quadrats. Also had a 6 mark question on the structure and bonding in Diamond and Graphite. Big Grin I don't finish until Wednesday 21st as I have the final History exam on the Tuesday and then an ECDL exam the following day. 

I've enjoyed the Economics content at GCSE. Seems like it would be a useful A-Level to have.
(10 Jun 2017, 2:56 pm)R852 PRG wrote Yeah, I had a 6 mark question on quadrats. Also had a 6 mark question on the structure and bonding in Diamond and Graphite. Big Grin I don't finish until Wednesday 21st as I have the final History exam on the Tuesday and then an ECDL exam the following day. 

I've enjoyed the Economics content at GCSE. Seems like it would be a useful A-Level to have.

Was happy that it came up to be honest! There seems to be a few history exams as a few people have had 3 or something so far.

And yeah Business Studies was really boring but the exams are pretty easy a more common sense (OCR)