You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North East Bus & Coach Show 2019

North East Bus & Coach Show 2019

RE: North East Bus & Coach Show 2019
(07 May 2019, 8:21 am)Charles41 wrote With regards to the free bus service. I checked the NEBT website and Facebook page on Sunday morning before leaving for the rally. No details were given of the service. There was just a message on the website saying further details would be provided closer to the date of the rally.

Quite disappointing really. They need to work harder on planning.

Charles

tbh I don't think it's that. I just think they need to get more people involved and to bring some fresh ideas to the table.

Working in collaboration with other groups would be a good start, rather than just one group hosting the rallies.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I have submitted my comments to NEBPT regarding the poor attitude of the gentleman at the bus stop. Hopefully they may change the format of things next time around.

If I'm honest, I'm not 100% he knew our bus was preserved, hence his negative attitude.
(05 May 2019, 9:56 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Totally agree - the route was crazy - probably couldn't have chosen a route to hit more traffic.  Sitting in a queue of traffic waiting to go on a pointless loop round to Bewick Street to get stuck in the queue of 327s and 900s was particularly annoying (especially as we stopped on Neville Street anyway).

I was going to put 4855 out on a run until I had a run on the rout myself in another bus. No way was I going to risk one of my Groups buses in Newcastle traffic.
It will be Durham when 4710 and 4855 are available to do runs. On the subject of "timed services" Its a load of drivel. They need to get this organised much better. Also they must let bus owners have a freedom to do what they want. After all. Who is putting the fuel in the tank for all of this? People simply dont realise how much cost is involved in running a bus. The owners decide how they are wanting to run. Not some jumped up hiviz monkey.

The parking and marshalling is something the NEBPT need to get sorted and soon. Nobody was watching the buses back. I parked 4708 and 4710. many people wanted photos of 4708,574 and 4855 together. This was simply not possible due to the amount of people there and thus the risk of someone getting hit by a bus when moving. Its simply not worth someone getting hurt.
Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
(26 May 2019, 11:07 am)Craig Smith wrote I was going to put 4855 out on a run until I had a run on the rout myself in another bus. No way was I going to risk one of my Groups buses in Newcastle traffic.
It will be Durham when 4710 and 4855 are available to do runs. On the subject of "timed services" Its a load of drivel. They need to get this organised much better. Also they must let bus owners have a freedom to do what they want. After all. Who is putting the fuel in the tank for all of this? People simply dont realise how much cost is involved in running a bus. The owners decide how they are wanting to run. Not some jumped up hiviz monkey.

The parking and marshalling is something the NEBPT need to get sorted and soon. Nobody was watching the buses back. I parked 4708 and 4710. many people wanted photos of 4708,574 and 4855 together. This was simply not possible due to the amount of people there and thus the risk of someone getting hit by a bus when moving. Its simply not worth someone getting hurt.

Looking forward to a run out on 4710 - haven't sampled that one yet.  Last year Durham did seem one of the better organised rallies and the route was certainly better!