You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: The Seasider
(18 Jul 2021, 8:23 am)Train8261 wrote Strange they would use and open topper to route lern and use one from Walkergate

The 19 will apparently be an open top allocation.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(18 Jul 2021, 8:41 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Christ I was joking when I suggested the 19 could be an Open Top tour of the Sunderland North estates. I suspect an E200 would  be overkill passenger-wise so why on earth an open top decker would be allocated is beyond me!

I suppose it's a nice experience for the families rather than seeing the amazing sights of Marley Potts from 14 feet in the air.
Site Administrator
The Seasider
(18 Jul 2021, 8:41 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Christ I was joking when I suggested the 19 could be an Open Top tour of the Sunderland North estates. I suspect an E200 would  be overkill passenger-wise so why on earth an open top decker would be allocated is beyond me!

Also slightly baffled - surely it would make more sense to allocate them to the E1/2/6 (along with the ADL E400 on weekends where they have spares) with the ADL E300 (or E200 with E300 used on the other local services) being used on service 19..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17240/17643 are both out of service, 17645 is still being used as a route learner for Shields drivers for 10/11.

When the 22 starts next week the requirement is three, so the 19 will be hit and miss, remember these Tridents are very tired having all four working may be a task for the Wheatsheaf!
Tbh I don't understand why they were moved to Sunderland in the first place. By looking at a photo I took yesterday. They have removed all the prices they had on the side in the red banner

[attachment=9853]

[attachment=9854]
(19 Jul 2021, 6:45 am)Train8261 wrote Tbh I don't understand why they were moved to Sunderland in the first place. By looking at a photo I took yesterday. They have removed all the prices they had on the side in the red banner
They can't work in Newcastle under CAZ restrictions, the 22 was a popular service, as long as the six weeks aren't a washout it should be relatively well used. The Hop on Hop off would have been a better filler of the now blank banners on the side, that's how most remember them. and the pets go free thing is a bit pointless, when was the last time you heard a driver charge for a dog  Cry They've had enough time to remove the Tynemouth and Whitley Bay legends, There's the Groyne, Souter, Seaburn and Roker lighthouses and the Beaches and Marsden Rock that need emblazoning... As for 17643, they might as well have put that in corporate colours, only a third of a repaint needed  Idea
(19 Jul 2021, 6:39 am)54APhotography wrote 17240/17643 are both out of service, 17645 is still being used as a route learner for Shields drivers for 10/11.

When the 22 starts next week the requirement is three, so the 19 will be hit and miss, remember these Tridents are very tired having all four working may be a task for the Wheatsheaf!

What 22? There's no registration in for a 22 service in Sunderland.
Absolute waste of time. An open top should run the coast only seaburn to South Shields
My daughter was excited to ride it along the coast no it’s not going to happen
Economic505
(20 Jul 2021, 12:11 am)Acky81 wrote Absolute waste of time. An open top should run the coast only seaburn to South Shields
If it only did the Coast from Seaburn to Shields, it would miss out great views of Roker Pier. Also, think of the views from Lizard Lane on the E2 and E6.
(20 Jul 2021, 12:11 am)Acky81 wrote Absolute waste of time. An open top should run the coast only seaburn to South Shields

Won't see out today on it anyway, as Bustimes.org is tracking 28031 on the 19.

17239 seems to of been took off.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
How will I know whether this seasider bus is allocated to the 19 or the E routes. I want to take my daughter on the open top up to South Shields.
Not constantly...
05/08/2021 - 28011 was used part of the day
29/07/2021 - 27737 was used all day
28/07/2021 - 34611 was used for some runs
25/07/2021 - 19211 was used all day
23/07/2021 - 28031 was used for some runs
22/07/2021 - 19643 was used part of the day
21/07/2021 - 28031 and 39715 was used for some runs
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Fantastic trip on the open top 19 service today. Daughter absolutely loved it. This service was packed and needs to run every school holidays. Despite having to travel all the way to red house. Next year I hope stagecoach put a Sunderland south operation on to seaburn.
17645 got took of at South Shields due to the bell not working.

Don't know what it is but ever since they have moved the seasider to Sunderland. They have seen some sort of the problem.

The first day of service for the 19. The doors on that seasider (can't remember which one) wouldn't shut when it left the bus stop