You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: The X-Factor Thread
(01 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm)Daniel wrote Haven't watched it since Simon left!
Not like anything good ever comes out of the show anyway.

Simon's back at some point it's rumoured, but as a non-mentoring judge. It'd prefer him at the auditions stage personally as he's the only one that tells it how it is. Sharon is back this year though which is a bonus.

Oh, and Little Mix came from it Wink that's more than enough for me haha.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(01 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm)aureolin wrote Simon's back at some point it's rumoured, but as a non-mentoring judge. It'd prefer him at the auditions stage personally as he's the only one that tells it how it is. Sharon is back this year though which is a bonus.

Oh, and Little Mix came from it Wink that's more than enough for me haha.

I just thought Cheryl and Simon were a brilliant pair (forgive me if that's BGT and not X Factor, I can never remember which is which!) and the show was quite funny because of them.
When Simon wasn't being brutally honest with the people auditioning, he was bickering with Chezza! :p

I'm sure one of the girls is from the North East. I remember Joe Mcelderry (god knows how you spell it) came from X Factor or BGT too... At least it's showing the NE does have some talent!
(01 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm)Daniel wrote I just thought Cheryl and Simon were a brilliant pair (forgive me if that's BGT and not X Factor, I can never remember which is which!) and the show was quite funny because of them.
When Simon wasn't being brutally honest with the people auditioning, he was bickering with Chezza! :p

I'm sure one of the girls is from the North East. I remember Joe Mcelderry (god knows how you spell it) came from X Factor or BGT too... At least it's showing the NE does have some talent!

Will have been X-Factor. Simon so wanted wor Chezza mind it was blatantly obvious - who can blame him though. Joe came from X-Factor and there's two NE lasses from Little Mix - Jade and Perrie both being Sand Dancers.
I have to hold my hands up, stand up proudly and announce that like wrestling, I have no interest in the X Factor or the other talent shows that fill our screens.

It started when Chezza was round mine, getting a bit on the side when Ashley Cole was playing away.
Simon was always pestering her and it got to the point, where it was just getting too much.
Cheryl begged me to carry on with it and continue our 'friends with benefits' relationship - but Simon was just too much for me.

However, I am tempted to start a 'Vera' thread and ask if anyone watches that? Wink
(01 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm)Liam wrote Haven't watched it for about 6 year now. I could be cool and say my social life dictates that Tongue but its more that I still enjoy a bit of SpongeBob SquarePants over the X-Factor.

I'm just sad enough to have it on series link so that I can watch it on Sunday morning if I end up out. Wink

(01 Sep 2013, 8:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote I have to hold my hands up, stand up proudly and announce that like wrestling, I have no interest in the X Factor or the other talent shows that fill our screens.

However, I am tempted to start a 'Vera' thread and ask if anyone watches that? Wink

Dare I say I've never actually heard of it? Sleepy
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that apparently Vera will do their own version of Murder on the Orient Express in one episode of this series, but on the T&W Metro instead.
Marxista Fozzski
(01 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm)Adam wrote I read somewhere (can't remember where) that apparently Vera will do their own version of Murder on the Orient Express in one episode of this series, but on the T&W Metro instead.

Found a synopsis of an episode of Vera to come next year

Vera investigates the mysterious death of pensioner Margaret Krukowksi on a busy Newcastle Metro train at the height of rush hour. It leads her to a quiet street in a run down seaside town, where she discovers a tight knit community living in the shadow of a long-held, explosive secret. There's a key role for Joe, too, as he struggles to maintain a professional distance when his daughter is named as key witness in the case.
Like Andreos, I am proud to say that I have no desire to watch anything like X-Factor or Britain's Got Talent.

Not sure about Vera but surely Freddie Spender, Newcastle's finest maverick detective, deserves its own thread. Wink
Site Administrator
Re: Vera

Former pupil stars in TV drama
Fans of ITV series “Vera” may have spotted an ex [school name removed] pupil last Sunday night.
Amy Cameron, who graduated from Manchester Metropolitan
University in 2012, played Karen Marsden in the show which is set in
the north east.
If you missed it, you can catch up with Amy on ITV Player. I’m sure
you will agree that her north east accent is the most convincing on
show!

Article written in a news letter for my school today. :p
Marxista Fozzski
It started when Chezza was round mine, getting a bit on the side when Ashley Cole was playing away.
Simon was always pestering her and it got to the point, where it was just getting too much.
Cheryl begged me to carry on with it and continue our 'friends with benefits' relationship - but Simon was just too much for me.

So that is the reason why your relationship status said

Andreos1 have gone from being in a Relationship to It's Complicated
Simon Cowell likes this

Wink
(07 Sep 2013, 5:05 am)fozzovmurton wrote So that is the reason why your relationship status said

Andreos1 have gone from being in a Relationship to It's Complicated
Simon Cowell likes this

Wink

That's the one!

For all you Vera lovers or those of you who haven't seen it - ITV1 now.
It looks like a good un!
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: The X-Factor Thread
(21 Sep 2013, 7:56 pm)aureolin wrote Can't believe someone has managed to successfully pull of Luther Vandross' Never Too Much. Definitely worth a watch when it appears on YouTube.

Dont watch it myself, I think it is a pile of shite lol

Marxista Fozz