You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Winter Olympics
(18 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm)Adam wrote Still doesn't beat the skier Fanny Chmelar (pronounced Shmeller (I'm not joking)). Can't help but laugh everytime I hear it

What about this guy?

[Image: o-ANDREAS-WANK-570.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Feb 2014, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote Ah, at least we can put a face to a name...
Andreos1? Big Grin

Darn it. Rumbled after all this time.

Those pesky Russians substituted O for A though... It should have been Andreos Wonk on the caption.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm)aureolin wrote What about this guy?

[Image: o-ANDREAS-WANK-570.jpg]

completely forgot about him. He popped up on my Facebook News Feed the other day.
(18 Feb 2014, 9:32 pm)Adam wrote there are some corkers in that lot. I wonder if they've ever considered changing it by deed poll or whether they want to keep it simply for the craic.

There sure is, Dick Paradise... :L
Gutted that Rowan can't compete tomorrow, my day off and I was looking forward to watching her!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Winter Olympics
(19 Feb 2014, 9:15 am)tyresmoke wrote Gutted that Rowan can't compete tomorrow, my day off and I was looking forward to watching her!

So was I mate, still we have Elise Christie in the 1000m speed skating on Friday, every time I see that girl I want to reach into the telly and hug her, she looks fragile
Marxista Fozzski
The very good looking Eve Muirhead and her very good looking curling team go against Canada in the Semis today...

If they get to the Final they will make history by being the youngrst curling team to make an Olympic Podium...I think there only 23, 24 and 25

UPDATE:Our Curling Beauts got beat and are in the Bronze Medal Match tomorrow
(19 Feb 2014, 10:02 am)fozzovmurton wrote The very good looking Eve Muirhead and her very good looking curling team go against Canada in the Semis today...

If they get to the Final they will make history by being the youngrst curling team to make an Olympic Podium...I think there only 23, 24 and 25

UPDATE:Our Curling Beauts got beat and are in the Bronze Medal Match tomorrow

But what a superb bronze medal match it was, won on the final stone by Eve Muirhead and her superb team. Youngest ever curling team to win a medal too!

Marxista Fozzski
(20 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm)tyresmoke wrote But what a superb bronze medal match it was, won on the final stone by Eve Muirhead and her superb team. Youngest ever curling team to win a medal too!

And gorgeous as well, Eve Muirhead has lovely eyes, but Claire Hamilton does it for me...

How did Dave Murdoch and the boys do???
(20 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm)fozzovmurton wrote And gorgeous as well, Eve Muirhead has lovely eyes, but Claire Hamilton does it for me...

How did Dave Murdoch and the boys do???

Pah its Anna Sloan for me mind, though Eve is nice too!
The boys are up tomorrow, think its 1345 their game... sadly I'll be at work so won't be able to watch it! Will keep an eye on twitter though as best I can.
Nice to see "my girl" Rowan get an interview on BBC earlier Smile

Marxista Fozzski
(20 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm)tyresmoke wrote Pah its Anna Sloan for me mind, though Eve is nice too!
The boys are up tomorrow, think its 1345 their game... sadly I'll be at work so won't be able to watch it! Will keep an eye on twitter though as best I can.
Nice to see "my girl" Rowan get an interview on BBC earlier Smile

Will probably watch Dave and the boys this afternoon, I am not a big curling fan, but these games has captured the imagination of a lot of the public, Lizzy Yarnold has done a lot for Winter Sports awareness...

The one for me today is Elise Christie in the 1000m short track speed skating Quarters, after everything she has been through, it is amazing, after her penalty and disqualification last week, getting bullied and death threats on Social Media, she has showed some strength to get through it and keep on competing.

As for Rowan, shame about her, but I suppose it is best not to compete, if the docs have any slight doubt about her health then it is best to withdraw, better safe than sorry, she is still young and will have 4 years to better herself and come back strong in Pyeongchang in 2018
(21 Feb 2014, 6:46 am)fozzovmurton wrote Will probably watch Dave and the boys this afternoon, I am not a big curling fan, but these games has captured the imagination of a lot of the public, Lizzy Yarnold has done a lot for Winter Sports awareness...

The one for me today is Elise Christie in the 1000m short track speed skating Quarters, after everything she has been through, it is amazing, after her penalty and disqualification last week, getting bullied and death threats on Social Media, she has showed some strength to get through it and keep on competing.

As for Rowan, shame about her, but I suppose it is best not to compete, if the docs have any slight doubt about her health then it is best to withdraw, better safe than sorry, she is still young and will have 4 years to better herself and come back strong in Pyeongchang in 2018

Yep I've watched the curling quite a lot and its one of those games that I've grown into liking! Think the lads game is at 1330 today, not 1345. Couldn't agree more about Lizzy, getting a gold has really made the nation sit up and realise.

Elise must be due a bit of luck after all she's been through recently so I'm hoping she can go far as she's a fantastic skater. It looks like our lads in the bobsleigh could be in line to do really well too, they kept posting decent times in training yesterday.

As for Rowan yeah she's only 18 so I'm hoping she'll definitely come back in 4 years even better and stronger than she is now, if so she'll be a massive contender for a medal! Just won the world championships recently at 18 which is crazy! You can watch her interview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26281140
Another one I'm following is Katie Summerhayes who competed in the Slopestyle skiing, she finished 7th but is definitely one to watch out for in 2018 too! Bonus points for being from Sheffield too!

Marxista Fozzski
Watching Rowans interview, it seems the best call to pull out, with head injury and concussion it is better to be safe than sorry, I dread to think what can happen if she was allowed to compete...But at 18, she can easily pick herself up and prepare for Korea, given the sport she is in, I would have been more worried if she was mid-20's, I didn't realise she was World Champion, is that the X Games Championship or is it something different.

Lizzy Yarnold is a legend, to think she had not started skeleton till she was 20 and only done it for years, some athletes will never a podium finish in a whole career, I hope she inspires more young people to take up winter sport, if I was young today, I would be looking at getting into a winter sport, I would have loved to have had a go on a Luge.

Winter Sport seems to be moving on in leaps and bounds, we are on course for a best finish at the Winter Olympics for years, gone is the days of Eddie Edwards, when we won nothing and seen as a bit of a joke...dont get me wrong, I admire The Eagle, I certainly wouldn't fancy launching myself off a ski jump, but he was a bit of a novelty and a laugh.

Did anyone see Bode Miller, downhill skiing I think, a legend in his sport and quite old for what he does, I dont know if the BBC broadcast it, but did anyone see the interview given to someone like NBC, the interviewer kept asking him about the death of his brother, went on and on about and only stopped when Bode walked off in tears...absolutely shocking
Marxista Fozzski
What the fuck is going in Speed Skating, do the officials have a grudge against Elise Christie or something...

3 events...penalised in 2 DQ's in another, this stinks of a wet fart, absolutely bewildered, someone clearly does not like her...

After everything she has been through, penalties and DQ to bullying and death threats on Social Media I cant help but feel sorry for her...

After all this, I hope she finds the strength to carry on, she must be in bits emotionally, and I think it is scandalous

#loveelise #bastardspeedskating refs Wink
(20 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm)tyresmoke wrote But what a superb bronze medal match it was, won on the final stone by Eve Muirhead and her superb team. Youngest ever curling team to win a medal too!

I was in Andover for a meeting and the reception area had the game on. When I had signed in, Team GB were getting beat 3-1.
Came out a few hours later and the guard was telling me they had turned it all around!

No idea on names, but I prefer the little blonde. The dark haired lass is canny too mind.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Marxista Fozzski
(21 Feb 2014, 9:04 pm)andreos1 wrote I was in Andover for a meeting and the reception area had the game on. When I had signed in, Team GB were getting beat 3-1.
Came out a few hours later and the guard was telling me they had turned it all around!

No idea on names, but I prefer the little blonde. The dark haired lass is canny too mind.

That would be Eve Muirhead, got nice eyes as well...Anna Sloan(Blonde) is nice as well, but Claire Hamilton does it for me for some reason...

Well, the lads lost, Dave Murdoch conceded the match in the 8th end when were 9-3 down...

Elise Christie was ripped off yet again, she has been dubbed the unluckiest athlete at the olympics, poor girl, she must be pissed off beyond belief
(21 Feb 2014, 10:18 am)fozzovmurton wrote Watching Rowans interview, it seems the best call to pull out, with head injury and concussion it is better to be safe than sorry, I dread to think what can happen if she was allowed to compete...But at 18, she can easily pick herself up and prepare for Korea, given the sport she is in, I would have been more worried if she was mid-20's, I didn't realise she was World Champion, is that the X Games Championship or is it something different.

Lizzy Yarnold is a legend, to think she had not started skeleton till she was 20 and only done it for years, some athletes will never a podium finish in a whole career, I hope she inspires more young people to take up winter sport, if I was young today, I would be looking at getting into a winter sport, I would have loved to have had a go on a Luge.

Winter Sport seems to be moving on in leaps and bounds, we are on course for a best finish at the Winter Olympics for years, gone is the days of Eddie Edwards, when we won nothing and seen as a bit of a joke...dont get me wrong, I admire The Eagle, I certainly wouldn't fancy launching myself off a ski jump, but he was a bit of a novelty and a laugh.

Did anyone see Bode Miller, downhill skiing I think, a legend in his sport and quite old for what he does, I dont know if the BBC broadcast it, but did anyone see the interview given to someone like NBC, the interviewer kept asking him about the death of his brother, went on and on about and only stopped when Bode walked off in tears...absolutely shocking

Rowan Cheshire is only 18? Feel a bit guilty for thinking that she's fit now. Tongue
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(21 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm)aureolin wrote Rowan Cheshire is only 18? Feel a bit guilty for thinking that she's fit now. Tongue

Yeah she is - as is Katie Summerhayes!
Amazing amount of young stars in our Team GB this time around, what with the curling teams and various other skaters, skiers etc

(21 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm)aureolin wrote Rowan Cheshire is only 18? Feel a bit guilty for thinking that she's fit now. Tongue

can I just brag and say I'm 18 as well. She is canny fit like
Marxista Fozzski
(21 Feb 2014, 11:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yeah she is - as is Katie Summerhayes!
Amazing amount of young stars in our Team GB this time around, what with the curling teams and various other skaters, skiers etc

There is a lot of youngsters at the games, I saw a 14-15 year old Russian in the Figure Skating, quite a few 16 year olds and quite a lot of 17-18 yr olds...

I dont feel pervy in the slightest thinking young Rowan is fit, now, I can be pervy and dirty minded at times when I have a drink, not the kind of perv who rapes and pillages, but a loved drunk with a dirty imagination lmao Big Grin