You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: School
(06 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote More photos available here: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/shi...w.1060078/

Second appliance has been reported to have arrived.

The first two thoughts I had, are mentioned in that article... I won't say which one the first one was incase it is libelous Wink.
The second one, involved memories of the pub.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Was brilliant when some people actually set fire to some bog roll with deodorant and set some boys toilets on fire at my school in 2013! Just after lunch and I was still trying to eat a baguette I had just bought without my teacher noticing Big Grin
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(06 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote The first two thoughts I had, are mentioned in that article... I won't say which one the first one was incase it is libelous Wink.
The second one, involved memories of the pub.

Lambton Castle alumni? Wink
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Apr 2015, 7:07 pm)Michael wrote I think Shiney row college is empty now, they were knocking it down anyway, looks like a bad fire.

It was always doomed, ever since the 294 was axed. Wink 
(06 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm)aureolin wrote It was always doomed, ever since the 294 was axed. Wink 

Latest pictures/video's show its nearly out.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote Horrendous placed. Absolutely loved it Big Grin

It was the place to be. Small back room with the pool table. I always wonder how the bloke who had it, managed to keep it for so long. You could walk in and guarantee that neither yourself nor anyone else in the whole pub was 18! Big Grin 
(06 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin wrote It was the place to be. Small back room with the pool table. I always wonder how the bloke who had it, managed to keep it for so long. You could walk in and guarantee that neither yourself nor anyone else in the whole pub was 18! Big Grin

Did you ever eat there?
Guaranteed to be selling Sunday dinner leftovers in some sort of concoction on a Monday...
Reheated/microwaved beef, in a stale bread bun just doesn't quite hit the spot
(06 Apr 2015, 7:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote Did you ever eat there?
Guaranteed to be selling Sunday dinner leftovers in some sort of concoction on a Monday...
Reheated/microwaved beef, in a stale bread bun just doesn't quite hit the spot

Think I limited myself to a plate of chips, in order to maximise alcohol money. Tongue Even the chips were rank like.... skinny french fries. More than likely burnt. 
(06 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote Horrendous placed. Absolutely loved it Big Grin

(06 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm)aureolin wrote It was the place to be. Small back room with the pool table. I always wonder how the bloke who had it, managed to keep it for so long. You could walk in and guarantee that neither yourself nor anyone else in the whole pub was 18! Big Grin 

Sounds like a place I used to frequent approxiemately fourteen years ago in High Spen called The Tavern.

It has been knocked down now and been partially replaced by houses but, yeah, it was full of kids at the weekend and completely empty during the rest of the week. For about a year before it eventually closed, every weekend was alleged to be the last one. I guess the weekend takings were good enough to see the pub through another week. 

It got raided a couple of times during its last year and yet somehow the landlords' licence wasn't revoked.

It was small, dark and dingy but, at the same time, it was great fun.  
(06 Apr 2015, 10:42 pm)idiot wrote Memeories of Lambton Castle and the jukebox!!
It had a jukebox?
Can't remember any entertainment in there, apart from the pool table, the landlord and his wife arguing like cat and dog and the odd fight.

(06 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Sounds like a place I used to frequent approxiemately fourteen years ago in High Spen called The Tavern.

It has been knocked down now and been partially replaced by houses but, yeah, it was full of kids at the weekend and completely empty during the rest of the week. For about a year before it eventually closed, every weekend was alleged to be the last one. I guess the weekend takings were good enough to see the pub through another week. 

It got raided a couple of times during its last year and yet somehow the landlords' licence wasn't revoked.

It was small, dark and dingy but, at the same time, it was great fun.
This was the same, but had the bonus of having customers Mon-Fri. Only quiet on a weekend.
(07 Apr 2015, 5:24 am)Andreos1 wrote It had a jukebox?
Can't remember any entertainment in there, apart from the pool table, the landlord and his wife arguing like cat and dog and the odd fight.

This was the same, but had the bonus of having customers Mon-Fri. Only quiet on a weekend.
Jukebox was to the far right of the pub when you walked in. Opposite side to where the dj box and stage was.
(07 Apr 2015, 6:11 am)aureolin wrote Jukebox was to the far right of the pub when you walked in. Opposite side to where the dj box and stage was.

Tempted to say it must have been installed after we had been and gone.
Genuinely can't remember it at all.
Ah I'm a rocker myself so I liked the majority of the music played... Saying that I still cringe at Divinyls - I Touch Myself as that was played several times a day on there!
Not casting aspersions at all, but the fire was supposed to have started on the first floor of an area, which has a central location, within the college building.
Unless vast changes have been made to the structure of the building, access to/from that section, is (was) very limited.
Where were security and why weren't they alerted to intruders, by alarms going off?

Drove past earlier and the security firm were locking up the front gates.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ts-8993009