You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Geocaching
(31 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm)aureolin wrote http://www.geocaching.com/

Anyone done this before? Basically a real world treasure hunting game, where that you find caches placed all over by other members. All you need is a GPS device, and a bit of time on your hands. Bit more info here: http://www.geocaching.com/guide/

Thanks for sharing this! Looks very interesting indeed, but never tried it Smile
Site Administrator
Oh I've gotta show this to a few people... It looks great!
Thanks for sharing, and I know I'm going to have something to do in my local area when I'm next free... Wink
I haven't actually done any yet, but going to start this week. I went to do one quite close to me at the weekend, as I've a good idea where it is, but there was too many people around to not look suspicious. :s
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Just thought I'd update, and say I found my first cache today. Stopped off at the Follingsby roundabout on the way to Heworth, and found one there within about 10 minutes. There was another one I wanted to find on the Quayside, but after about 30 minutes I couldn't find it there at all.

It's quite interesting actually. The first was a lot easier than the second, as it's hard to not look suspicious on the Quayside during the day, when you're searching for something Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
I found my first Geocache today in Chopwell Woods. 

Overall I attempted three different caches and found one. Rather embarrassingly there's one located on my street, less than 40 metres from my house and I was unable to locate it.
(11 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I found my first Geocache today in Chopwell Woods. 

Overall I attempted three different caches and found one. Rather embarrassingly there's one located on my street, less than 40 metres from my house and I was unable to locate it.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@54.83...,-4.86p,5z

One in Seaham, hope this helps  Wink
Had a look at this topic last night and this looks like a really fun thing to do, and there seems to be many around Rowlands Gill, where I'm from.

I was wondering if anyone has bothered to upgrade to the premium version for £7.99, and if it's worth the money?
(09 Aug 2015, 7:14 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Had a look at this topic last night and this looks like a really fun thing to do, and there seems to be many around Rowlands Gill, where I'm from.

I was wondering if anyone has bothered to upgrade to the premium version for £7.99, and if it's worth the money?

I haven't bothered. There's many to find for free without paying the premium.

There's loads in Chopwell Woods for you attempt. There's also a few down the Loy and the Villas and also towards Victoria Garesfield.
(09 Aug 2015, 7:18 pm)MurdnunoC wrote I haven't bothered. There's many to find for free without paying the premium.

There's loads in Chopwell Woods for you attempt. There's also a few down the Loy and the Villas and also towards Victoria Garesfield.

Have you found any around there, just wondered if they're that good, or just real small caches.
(09 Aug 2015, 7:21 pm)Jackamcardle wrote Have you found any around there, just wondered if they're that good, or just real small caches.

Found a few. Caches vary in size, the biggest you'll find is about the size of a medium tuppaware container.