You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Abbotts of Leeming Bar
(25 Feb 2016, 3:15 pm)Jimmi wrote According to the driver on the X80, Abbotts are getting some new Optare's soon. He was unsure on type but he said City, so I'm wondering if they may be going for the MetroCity? Hmm...

What do they operate that would require the bigger capacity?

I prefer the styling of the Versa over the MetroCity. Sampled one of D&G's in Staffordshire which was quick and smooth, better than a Streetlite! Build quality seemed to be a concern, the rubber around the front door came loose during our journey and the bus had less than a week in service!
(25 Feb 2016, 7:19 pm)James101 wrote What do they operate that would require the bigger capacity?

I prefer the styling of the Versa over the MetroCity. Sampled one of D&G's in Staffordshire which was quick and smooth, better than a Streetlite! Build quality seemed to be a concern, the rubber around the front door came loose during our journey and the bus had less than a week in service!

Nothing really that I'm aware of, other than the 80/89 and X80/X89 I think the only other service they do is the 2 between Bedale and Ripon which only runs one journey in each direction on Thursday's only and it currently uses one of the older Solos.
(25 Feb 2016, 8:45 pm)Jimmi wrote Nothing really that I'm aware of, other than the 80/89 and X80/X89 I think the only other service they do is the 2 between Bedale and Ripon which only runs one journey in each direction on Thursday's only and it currently uses one of the older Solos.

I wonder if the current Solo SR's are on a lease deal where they get replaced with new after 3 years? Would be about the right time now to be looking at newer stuff.
(25 Feb 2016, 9:03 pm)tyresmoke wrote I wonder if the current Solo SR's are on a lease deal where they get replaced with new after 3 years? Would be about the right time now to be looking at newer stuff.
Driver was saying that they get new buses every 3 years and the Solos are about a month off from turning 3 years old.
PB1143803/1 Cancelled
G ABBOTT & SONS LIMITED
Route: Leeming Bar to Leeming Bar
Service number: X80 (X89)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 26 Nov 2018
(28 Sep 2018, 11:46 am)Kuyoyo wrote PB1143803/1 Cancelled
G ABBOTT & SONS LIMITED
Route: Leeming Bar to Leeming Bar
Service number: X80 (X89)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 26 Nov 2018

This is the Middlesbrough journeys going according to a interior notice on YJ13 HHS.

If I remember correctly there used to be an X80 which went from Northallerton all the way to Middlesbrough via Stokesley, but that was withdrawn a long time ago now.

And not every operator tracks on Bustimes - I'm assuming it depends on whether the ticket machines have GPS trackers built into them.
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]