Menu

Pages (16)    114 15 16
streetdeckfan   30 Sep 2019, 7:29 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote

See, I think if that sort information about the TFT monitors was shared on here - then straight away, there's a discussion point.

If it's not mentioned on here and people don't stumble across it elsewhere, then it can't be talked about nor discussed.

I'm a big fan of them and much prefer them to the doctors surgery style LED screens that appeared.

As for the bonkette seating...

Id no idea what that was! Thought it was something kinky until I searched and realised my kitchen has it!

Mrs C just described it as wooden benches in an L shape when the kitchen was getting done.

Alan Partridge has a less classy version in his caravan.

I prefer them, when they're well executed! The TFT displays they used in the past on the B9s were awful. You could barely read them because the screen were so dim and you saw the Windows desktop more than you saw the next stop!

JP6004   30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote

See, I think if that sort information about the TFT monitors was shared on here - then straight away, there's a discussion point.

If it's not mentioned on here and people don't stumble across it elsewhere, then it can't be talked about nor discussed.

I'm a big fan of them and much prefer them to the doctors surgery style LED screens that appeared.

As for the bonkette seating...

Id no idea what that was! Thought it was something kinky until I searched and realised my kitchen has it!

Mrs C just described it as wooden benches in an L shape when the kitchen was getting done.

Alan Partridge has a less classy version in his caravan.

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue

MG had post on twitter of bus with bonkette seating and did look quite good at back of DD. But cant see it being brought up here yet.

Yes I agree TFT are better and the new ones seem to be lot better than ones on B9s etc. Also it does serve a useful purpose of being an NSA but also as an advertising board. Dan posted pic of the better fares being displayed on it and also someone commented saying they could be used to advertise walks etc across the region that connect with GNE services

streetdeckfan   30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm)JP6004 wrote

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

MG had post on twitter of bus with bonkette seating and did look quite good at back of DD. But cant see it being brought up here yet.

Yes I agree TFT are better and the new ones seem to be lot better than ones on B9s etc. Also it does serve a useful purpose of being an NSA but also as an advertising board. Dan posted pic of the better fares being displayed on it and also someone commented saying they could be used to advertise walks etc across the region that connect with GNE services

I can only imagine what it would be used for on the back of the X21... in fact, I don't want to imagine it!

I wonder if the new StreetDecks for the X21 would have had the TFT displays fitted, would mean 2 lots of NSAs to keep up to date

JP6004   30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:39 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

I can only imagine what it would be used for on the back of the X21... in fact, I don't want to imagine it!

I wonder if the new StreetDecks for the X21 would have had the TFT displays fitted, would mean 2 lots of NSAs to keep up to date

Think Dan said for new DD it would be TFT downstairs and LED upstairs. Yes and use hand rails for the handcuffs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm)JP6004 wrote

Think Dan said for new DD it would be TFT downstairs and LED upstairs. Yes and use hand rails for the handcuffs

Shame, I would have thought they'd go with one or the other instead of mixing them. Although, I suppose the TFT would block quite a bit of the view like it does on the B5s

I think handcuffs are too tame for some of the people I've seen on there!

JP6004   30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm)streetdeckfan wrote

Shame, I would have thought they'd go with one or the other instead of mixing them. Although, I suppose the TFT would block quite a bit of the view like it does on the B5s

I think handcuffs are too tame for some of the people I've seen on there!

Haha very true. I think it's because CCTV TFT monitor downstairs so makes sense to use same screen

Andreos1   30 Sep 2019, 7:52 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 7:32 pm)JP6004 wrote

Well we all tend to hear and see stuff and tend to report it on here if think it will be of interest. Well I'm sure a bonkette can be kinky, depends who's sitting on it Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

After reading a review from the long gone Adam about his trip to Scarborough on the X93 a few years back - I think they need to do all they can to stop kinkiness on buses!

The poor lad was haunted!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Jimmi   30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm

6302 now back in service in the 2019 corporate livery

[Image: 48822186588_7d068a5102.jpg]Go North East: 6302 / NK16BXB by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   30 Sep 2019, 8:06 pm
(30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm)Jimmi wrote

[Image: 48822186588_7d068a5102.jpg]Go North East: 6302 / NK16BXB by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Looks like they put the right logo on this time!
Michael   30 Sep 2019, 8:09 pm
(30 Sep 2019, 8:04 pm)Jimmi wrote

The 2019 livery suits the Streetdecks like

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
deanmachine   30 Sep 2019, 8:38 pm
Really hope the TFT screens aren't using Windows XP this time. Next stop, blue screen of death!
JP6004   30 Sep 2019, 9:10 pm

(30 Sep 2019, 8:38 pm)deanmachine wrote Really hope the TFT screens aren't using Windows XP this time. Next stop, blue screen of death!

Windows XP has been unsupported for a few years now with support for windows 7 support being withdrawn very soon.

Cant imagine them using any older version than that now...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   30 Sep 2019, 10:29 pm
(30 Sep 2019, 8:38 pm)deanmachine wrote Really hope the TFT screens aren't using Windows XP this time. Next stop, blue screen of death!
(30 Sep 2019, 9:10 pm)JP6004 wrote

Windows XP has been unsupported for a few years now with support for windows 7 support being withdrawn very soon.

Cant imagine them using any older version than that now...

Anything fitted 2014 onwards (LED or TFT) is all on a Linux-based system. Far superior to the old Windows XP based ones. A number of these are being upgraded following a fleet audit and update over the last two nights; quite a few of the Drifters with inoperative systems.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Pages (16)    114 15 16