You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend

RE: Go North East | Sunday timetables all weekend
(20 May 2022, 8:12 am)Andreos1 wrote I see the mass exodus from Sunderland has began.
Getting all sorts of images and videos on my social media of fans heading off to London.
It will be interesting to see the huge impact on services today.

I heard all the supermarkets are shutting up shop for the weekend and the pubs are all closing.  Just no people to be found in the City, so giving all their staff a day off.  Oh wait, they are businesses that are actually run professionally.
It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
It might aswell put Consett on Sunday service, after tomorrow’s cancellations

(20 May 2022, 4:01 pm)big mac wrote It makes me wonder if they're doing this now, is this going to set a precedent for the future in that whenever any kind of event is happening GNE are going to use that as a convenient excuse to reduce service levels on that day.

Can't wait for a Ed Sherrans concert at the Stadium of light. 

"Evening service cancelled during his performace as we are expecting to carry less passengers" 

All services come to a halt for the World Cup
At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Like others have said, it’s not the service reduction that grates, it’s the spin. Just re-read the press release and there’s not even an apology. Happy to take your season ticket money then reduce its value by removing journeys.

It’s tone deaf and arrogant.
(21 May 2022, 8:42 am)James101 wrote At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

Like others have said, it’s not the service reduction that grates, it’s the spin. Just re-read the press release and there’s not even an apology. Happy to take your season ticket money then reduce its value by removing journeys.

Yeah, I mean the way they've worded it makes it sound like it's a perfectly normal thing to do and should just be accepted as such by the customer. In reality, it's totally unacceptable practice and should rightly be criticised.

Something tells me that GNE may go to a Sunday timetable with extra morning services in a few months when these changes don't work (on saturdays

Well they will, they'll just get people in cars.
(21 May 2022, 8:42 am)James101 wrote At least 4 SAFC supporters boarded the train I’m on from Stoke this morning. Bravely, First Potteries are still going to provide a full service today.

But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

The blissful ignorance of a spin is unbelievable, no apology and an excuse that's not going to go down too well for those of us who couldn't give a toss about football or have somewhere important to be today, granted the match has likely led to an additional shortage of drivers who may be following the match in some form but the excuse of a football match for service reductions, especially one that's happening at Wembley will be lost on anyone who isn't interested in it and question why they should be inconvinced by it. Like I said earlier, at a time when people are fed up with bus companies coming up with every excuse and constantly blaming COVID with little improvement (if any it's going the other way), to blame a service reduction on a football match is such a smack to the face to those who have already had to persevere with months of sub par service offerings, whilst I agree with the decision that reducing the frequency to ensure greater liklihoods is somewhat a lesser of evil options they could've made, its just the spin they put on it that's come across as tone death to some.
.jpg Screenshot_20220521-124115_Maps.jpg
(21 May 2022, 12:10 pm)Jimmi wrote But, but, they're all at Wembley?!!! The bus company says so?!!! Sunderland will be deserted, Google Maps must be lying?!!! Look North says they'll be plenty of people flocking to Sunderland today, they must be lying too?!!! We've "all" come down with football fever and it's everyone's whole lives and must revolve around the fixtures list?!!

The blissful ignorance of a spin is unbelievable, no apology and an excuse that's not going to go down too well for those of us who couldn't give a toss about football or have somewhere important to be today, granted the match has likely led to an additional shortage of drivers who may be following the match in some form but the excuse of a football match for service reductions, especially one that's happening at Wembley will be lost on anyone who isn't interested in it and question why they should be inconvinced by it. Like I said earlier, at a time when people are fed up with bus companies coming up with every excuse and constantly blaming COVID with little improvement (if any it's going the other way), to blame a service reduction on a football match is such a smack to the face to those who have already had to persevere with months of sub par service offerings, whilst I agree with the decision that reducing the frequency to ensure greater liklihoods is somewhat a lesser of evil options they could've made, its just the spin they put on it that's come across as tone death to some.
I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Do these marketing "professional" and "leadership" have a Degree in bad business

Also yesterday I saw GNE false advertise about 30 times, one must have a degree in false advertising aswell
(21 May 2022, 12:13 pm)Unber43 wrote I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

Do these marketing "professional" and "leadership" have a Degree in bad business

Also yesterday I saw GNE false advertise about 30 times, one must have a degree in false advertising aswell
Regarding what?
(21 May 2022, 2:22 pm)F114TML wrote Regarding what?
Charge your phone. 

Seen it on 10/10A/10B. E400's, Country Ranger, every 20. 

They know they don't work. I understand for the 20. 

But they have just rebranded the 10/10A/10B and know they don't work so why advertise it
(21 May 2022, 12:13 pm)Unber43 wrote I think if we've learned anything over the past say week is that GNE is just ignorant.

There are loads of companies in the world are false advertising, it’s part of society these days

Fast food outlets is one of them, advertising on social media and adverts showing big perfect burgers etc… making customers think that’s what there getting and then being disappointed of what there actually got after there paid for it adverts showing food if what you can get but there were made with non food items so looks better than the actual product.

Banks/Supermarkets etc… list can go on forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(21 May 2022, 3:06 pm)cbma06 wrote There are loads of companies in the world are false advertising, it’s part of society these days

Fast food outlets is one of them, advertising on social media and adverts showing big perfect burgers etc… making customers think that’s what there getting and then being disappointed of what there actually got after there paid for it adverts showing food if what you can get but there were made with non food items so looks better than the actual product.

Yes, but that's just exaggerating how good the product is, which isn't really false advertisement. If you advertise something as working when you know full well that it doesn't, that is false advertisement.
(21 May 2022, 3:06 pm)cbma06 wrote There are loads of companies in the world are false advertising, it’s part of society these days

I know. But just cos everyone else does it doesn't mean GNE have to
(21 May 2022, 2:23 pm)Unber43 wrote Charge your phone. 

Seen it on 10/10A/10B. E400's, Country Ranger, every 20. 

They know they don't work. I understand for the 20. 

But they have just rebranded the 10/10A/10B and know they don't work so why advertise it
Um, what? I used a charging port on one of the E400s last week (albeit briefly) and it worked fine.
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
(21 May 2022, 4:26 pm)wibblejunior wrote Um, what? I used a charging port on one of the E400s last week (albeit briefly) and it worked fine.
I was on 4 yesterday, the last 10 MMC's haven't worked that I have been. 

I do think the 69 plates do work.