You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Fleet Changes - Winter 2024
So as you know there are several changes coming soon…

Might be an idea to keep track of the latest transfers etc in a new thread.

New vehicles expected
——————
10x Volvo B8RLE / MCV Evora (Redcar - X4)

Cascades expected
——————
ADL Enviro 400MMC (Kent)
Optare Solo SR (Yorkshire)
VDL SB200 Pulsar (North West)

Withdrawals expected
——————
5x Volvo B7TL ALX400 (Durham)
6x ADL Enviro 300 (Darlington)
23x Temsa Avenue (Redcar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

E200s 1323 and 1326 have recently departed Durham for the Yorkshire fleet

RE: Fleet Changes - Winter 2024
(24 Sep 2024, 7:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote So as you know there are several changes coming soon…

New vehicles expected
——————

Cascades expected
——————
ADL Enviro 400MMC (Kent)

Withdrawals expected
——————

Assuming something will be coming to Darlington to replace the E300s?
(24 Sep 2024, 8:50 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote Assuming something will be coming to Darlington to replace the E300s?

The E300s at Darlington were only apparently a temporary stop gap
(24 Sep 2024, 7:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote So as you know there are several changes coming soon…

New vehicles expected
——————

Cascades expected
——————
ADL Enviro 400MMC (Kent)

Withdrawals expected
——————

I herd the volvos  will be for the x4. X4A  if  that's right what I got told the other day
(26 Sep 2024, 8:50 am)Samuk57 wrote  I herd the volvos  will be for the x4. X4A  if  that's right what I got told the other day

Yes that’s correct… hence why it says X4 on my list Wink

Apparently, a 2nd Solo SR has been sent up to the ANE from Yorkshire

3053 YD63 VDK? Apparently gone up to Stockton for checks before heading to Redcar?
(Yesterday, 11:25 am)davao123 wrote Apparently, a  2nd Solo SR has been sent up to the ANE from Yorkshire

3053 YD63 VDK? Apparently gone up to Stockton for checks before heading to Redcar?

Any ideas what these are replacing
(Yesterday, 8:04 pm)solsburian wrote Shame there does not currently seem to be any incoming replacements for Ashington's examples.

I'd rather have the ones that are here now than these. The ex Yorkshire Tiger ones are supposedly awful, as an understatement. It's hard to get arid of 15 plate junk over 59 plate junk.

Mind supposedly Arriva Yorkshire have already withdrawn one of them.
Correct me if I am wrong, they have a "Solo" badge inside, that would be sold  Big Grin

In all seriousness, even the awful Streetlites would be an improvement over any type of Solo.
(Yesterday, 8:35 pm)solsburian wrote Correct me if I am wrong, they have a "Solo" badge inside, that would be sold  Big Grin

In all seriousness, even the awful Streetlites would be an improvement over any type of Solo.

Yeah agreed there mind.

Speaking of Streetlite's it's absolutely bonkers that there's still 5 17 Plate short Streetlite's sitting around in London collecting dust right now, mind I do believe they've took one back into service. Would be ideal for sorting the mess out if they converted them to single door, and I'd take them over anything Optare/Switch/Darwin or whatever name they're going for this week, nevermind a Solo. Awful things.
(Yesterday, 8:21 pm)Storx wrote I'd rather have the ones that are here now than these. The ex Yorkshire Tiger ones are supposedly awful, as an understatement. It's hard to get arid of 15 plate junk over 59 plate junk.

Mind supposedly Arriva Yorkshire have already withdrawn one of them.

Yeah these ones that are coming are 63 plates, and was brand new to Arriva Selby for the Selby locals, so for most of their life, I imagine they've been looked after Castleford/Selby engineering staff.

There is also 3050 and 3051 still in Yorkshire, whether these make it up or not is another question.

Yes Arriva have withdrawn Solo SR 408, and that is being used to keep the rest going, think engine failure caused it to be withdrawn or some sort of accident.

The Yorkshire Tiger batch 406-410 are in bad shape.

Although any ex Tiger stuff is in bad shape, the Evolutions that Selby got, Selby drivers told me, they turned up in a right old mess to Selby
(Yesterday, 8:57 pm)davao123 wrote Yeah these ones that are coming are 63 plates, and was brand new to Arriva Selby for the Selby locals, so for most of their life, I imagine they've been looked after Castleford/Selby engineering staff.

There is also 3050 and 3051 still in Yorkshire, whether these make it up or not is another question.

Yes Arriva have withdrawn Solo SR 408, and that is being used to keep the rest going, think engine failure caused it to be withdrawn or some sort of accident.

The Yorkshire Tiger batch 406-410 are in bad shape.

Although any ex Tiger stuff is in bad shape, the Evolutions that Selby got, Selby drivers told me, they turned up in a right old mess to Selby

Yeah that's what I've heard aswell about the ex Tiger stuff aswell. God knows what they done to them to be honest. Mind the Solo's must be in awful shape if they're withdrawing one at 9 year old, even if it was engine failure.

Mind wouldn't be surprised one bit if they did turn up here, they've already have 6 heaps of junk from Darlington which all but 1 are withdrawn / off the road now.

Speaking about Solo's does anyone know if 2859 is 'unofficially' withdrawn or if it's just long term dead? It hasn't been off the road for months now. I understand there's part shortages but 6 months is a bit extreme if they're actually bothering to get it moving again.
(Yesterday, 9:28 pm)Storx wrote Speaking about Solo's does anyone know if 2859 is 'unofficially' withdrawn or if it's just long term dead? It hasn't been off the road for months now. I understand there's part shortages but 6 months is a bit extreme if they're actually bothering to get it moving again.

2859 is withdrawn.
Reports on Facebook 3052 now.has county Durham signage on the side.

Hopefully they are for redcar

Judging via bus times 3052 hasn't been in service since may
(Today, 7:15 am)Ryland wrote Reports on Facebook 3052 now.has county Durham signage on the side.

Hopefully they are for redcar

Judging via bus times 3052 hasn't been in service since may

They can't come to the Northumbria those 4 so I'd be very surprised if it's anywhere else.

There's too many seats in them so they're effectively a full size bus up here.

(Yesterday, 10:12 pm)PH - BQA wrote 2859 is withdrawn.

Thanks for confirming, had a feeling it might have been.