Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
Michael Euston   07 Jun 2014, 3:04 pm
I would like to share with you a generally positive experience on my X93 trip yesterday. I live in East Cleveland so i travelled on the X4/4 to Whitby. As 95% normal it was a pulsar- reasonably full with very few fare-paying passengers. I then got on 7485 which would have been the 9-50am Redcar-driver extra summer bus from Middlesbrough. Very quiet and on-time. After all the bad comments about a 12-year old bus, i was quite impressed with the seating and the smart insides. The journey was reasonably fast but it did struggle on the climb out of Fylingthorpe (i suppose any bus would). We arrived in Scarborough on time just after 12-00pm. My return journey was on Temsa 4713 on the full journey to Middlesbrough which was a surprise because i didn't think it was tacho-fitted. Do the tacho rules apply if the drivers swap over in Whitby? The bus was full but no standing. 4713 is quite nippy but so badly laid out and horrible seats. I got off in Whitby as did a lot of other passengers but then filled up again. A supervisor/inspector was writing things down and i heard him shout '47' . The bus left Whitby only 5 minutes late. All the other buses we passed on the journey were double-deckers. I then returned back home on another pulsar which because of an accident on Lythe bank had to detour over the moors and then back on route at Ellerby. Extremely nippy and got back home on time. So all-in-all quite positive and i'm hoping to do the journey again soon- but not during the school holidays!
Sparkle   08 Jun 2014, 6:52 pm
(06 Jun 2014, 7:47 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Except it will be a Saturday when I go ;-)

Always one fussy one Tongue
micketh   16 Feb 2020, 11:18 am
Is this service changing in the summertime this year? I read that there will be an X94 - what’s happening?? Thanks
BoroLad   19 Feb 2020, 10:46 pm
(16 Feb 2020, 11:18 am)micketh wrote Is this service changing in the summertime this year? I read that there will be an X94 - what’s happening?? Thanks
I believe it's just a variant on the last section of the route, with X94s running via the A165 and Peasholm Park rather than the A171. I'm not aware of any changes between Middlesbrough and the edge of Scarborough.

Bear in mind I read that on the Arriva service changes thread, so don't take it as gospel.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
michaelb   15 Apr 2020, 4:32 pm
How many buses an hour run between Middlesbrough and Scarborough during the summer?
tcts24   16 Apr 2020, 11:42 am
(15 Apr 2020, 4:32 pm)michaelb wrote How many buses an hour run between Middlesbrough and Scarborough during the summer?
Summer timetable is usually hourly Middlesbrough - Whitby section and half hourly between Whitby and Scarborough.
tyresmoke   25 Apr 2020, 2:19 pm
(16 Apr 2020, 11:42 am)tcts24 wrote Summer timetable is usually hourly Middlesbrough - Whitby section and half hourly between Whitby and Scarborough.

Generally hourly Middlesbrough to Whitby with extras thrown in on the peak flows (am Mbro-Scar, pm Scar-Mbro) to make it half hourly, and run every 30 beyond Whitby to Scarbs as above. In peak summer holidays they usually boost the timetable again by making it every 20 min between Whitby & Scarborough all day.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Pages (2)    1 2