You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
(29 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm)buss14 wrote yes but i have realised now that they put anything on those routes for example 7518 on quite frequently and i have notice 7491/7492 have been on once or twice. i wouldn't put it past them putting those two on those routes

They put 7518 on there to keep it 'MAX' at least, when it isn't needed on the X21/22.
(29 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm)buss14 wrote yes but i have realised now that they put anything on those routes for example 7518 on quite frequently and i have notice 7491/7492 have been on once or twice. i wouldn't put it past them putting those two on those routes

They don't put "anything" on those routes, the depot try their damn hardest to put the correct route branded vehicle onto that route. 

The reasons why you've seen non-MAX vehicles on the X14/15/18 is because they're were no MAX vehicles at the time or the MAX vehicles were being used on the Sapphire X21/X22 from the start of the day.
(29 Aug 2015, 2:43 pm)Cock Robin wrote They'll have 3 Max spares then!

Or are Stocton having two turns on X66/7?
(29 Aug 2015, 2:46 pm)Jimmi wrote Stockton are doing two turns on the X66/X67 I believe.

As it was stated here that two of those 3 Pulsars are being done, it points towards Stockton doing 2 X66/X67 workings. Sounds like they may have the last one off Darlington (which is said to be 2030-ish, same from Middlesbrough).
(30 Aug 2015, 11:15 am)MrPottski wrote Solos back on the 5A on a Sunday! Gerrin!
4809 was on the 1045 journey from Darlington Town Centre, perhaps the Solo was a changeover possibly?

Any ideas what's on the 1B today?
2866/7 are on 1B today, not sure if there are any delays due to Bondgate being closed for resurfacing.
(30 Aug 2015, 11:33 am)John_R wrote 2866/7 are on 1B today, not sure if there are any delays due to Bondgate being closed for resurfacing.
Not an ideal allocation for the 1B. Wonder if the Solos are down to the roadworks for whatever reason, delays or perhaps it may be easier to get a Solo round the diversion route.

Just looked at the live map and the 1210 from Darlington is only 3 minutes late. A service 5A to Darlington is currently running 9 minutes late.
Could Arriva not do this as an order to solve the lack of double deckers (NOT INCLUDING EX LONDON GEMINI'S):

New orders:
- 15x Sapphire ADL E400MMC to Ashington for services X21 / X22.
- 5x Sapphire ADL E400MMC to Darlington for service 7.
- 6x Scania ADL E400MMC to Ashington for service X18.

Cascades for services X21 / X22:
- 2x 57 plate Sapphire E400 as spares for services X21 / X22.

Cascades for services X10 / X11:
- 7x 14 plate Sapphire E400 and 5x 15 plate Sapphire E400 for services X10 / X11.
- 1x 57 plate Sapphire E400 as spare for services X10 / X11.

Cascades for service 7:
- 1x 09 plate Sapphire E400 as spare for service 7.

Cascades for services 35/35a:
- 6x 57 plate E400 refurbished to MAX spec (headrests re-trimmed, NSA's removed and power sockets covered up) for services 35/35a.

Cascades for services X7/X8:
- 9x 61 plate DB300 in MAX spec for services X7/X8.
- 1x 61 plate DB300 in MAX spec as spare for services X7/X8/X9.

Cascades for service X9:
- 4x 59 plate DB300 in MAX spec for service X9.

Cascades for service 308:
- 1x 59 plate DB300 in EcoGreen as spare for service 308. The PVR of this service could be increased to 10 vehicles with extra time to improve reliability as a result.

Cascades for service X12:
- 9x 59 plate DB300 in MAX spec for service X12.
- 1x 59 plate DB300 in MAX spec as spare for service X12.

Cacades for service X14:
- 3x 57 plate E400 in MAX spec for service X14.

Cascades for service X15:
- 5x 64 plate E400 in MAX spec for service X15.

Cascades for service X20:
- 4x 09 plate E400 in MAX spec for service X20.

Cascades for Ashington:
- 2x 05 plate Volvo B7TL ALX400 transfer to Ashington and retrofitted with free Wi-Fi.
- 2x 61 plate DB300 in MAX spec as Ashington spares for any MAX service excluding the 35/35a.

Summer X93 extras:
- 3x Scania ADL E400MMC transfer to Redcar / Whitby for service X93 operating alongside Volvo B9TL Gemini 2 7401 to 7406.
- 3x 64 plate MAX Spec E400 operate on service X18 alongside the other 3x Scania ADL E400MMC.
- 2x 64 plate MAX Spec E400 operate on service X15 alongside 3x 09 plate MAX Spec E400.
- 3x 57 plate MAX Spec E400 operate on service X20 alongside 1x 09 plate MAX Spec E400.
- X14 unchanged.
- 35/35a operated by 3x 57 plate MAX Spec E400 alongside 2x Volvo ALX400 and 1x 59 plate MAX Spec DB300.

Note that 1x MAX Spec E400MMC would be available as a spare in the winter. Ashington would still have 1x MAX spare and if DESPERATE, could use the Sapphire spares if not needed on the X21 / X22.
(30 Aug 2015, 12:45 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Do you have an estimated cost for all these, Davey?

Would cost a fair but but would clean up the services massively:

- New vehicles for services X21 / X22 creating more passenger growth and further improving reliability. Also, a further 2 spare vehicles would be available improving reliability and making allocations more consistent.

- Sapphire upgrade for services X10/X11 using very similar vehicles with only a year between them. This would further build upon the passenger growth created by the MAX upgrade and offer a new level of service. Also, a spare vehicle would be available improving reliability and making allocations more consistent. Blyth would however need to promise not to send out any 14/15 plate vehicles off route on the Quorums, X9 or 308 unless an absolute emergency (Thunder Thursday e.t.c).

- Spare vehicle for service 308 allowing the PVR to increase to 10 vehicles by giving the service more time to complete the journey to improve reliability. Also, this spare vehicle would be rarely needed owing to the better reliability of the 308 meaning that it could be used on the X7/X8/X9 when not required.

- Full double deck allocation with 3-4 year old 61 plate MAX spec vehicles for services X7 and X8 making sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency. This service would also have a spare vehicle (shared with the X9) to improve reliability.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X9 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all jouneys and improve consistency.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X12 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X14 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Full 1 year old MAX spec double deck vehicles on service X15 to improve reliability on this route and making sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Relatively new MAX spec double deck vehicles on service X20 to further improve reliability and create new growth on this route with the extension to Alnwick. Would also encourage more passengers to use this service.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on services 35/35a to improve capacity at certain times and improve consistency.

- Service X93 would benefit from more powerful vehicles in the summer season to supplement the existing B9TLs on the route.

- The spare vehicle ratios would be improved and in the summer when the Scanias would go away to Redcar / Whitby, extra B7TLs whether they're ex-London or not, could be deployed to Ashington to be used if needed.
(30 Aug 2015, 1:18 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Would cost a fair bit but would clean up the services massively:

- New vehicles for services X21 / X22 creating more passenger growth and further improving reliability. Also, a further 2 spare vehicles would be available improving reliability and making allocations more consistent.

- Sapphire upgrade for services X10/X11 using very similar vehicles with only a year between them. This would further build upon the passenger growth created by the MAX upgrade and offer a new level of service. Also, a spare vehicle would be available improving reliability and making allocations more consistent. Blyth would however need to promise not to send out any 14/15 plate vehicles off route on the Quorums, X9 or 308 unless an absolute emergency (Thunder Thursday e.t.c).

- Spare vehicle for service 308 allowing the PVR to increase to 10 vehicles by giving the service more time to complete the journey to improve reliability. Also, this spare vehicle would be rarely needed owing to the better reliability of the 308 meaning that it could be used on the X7/X8/X9 when not required.

- Full double deck allocation with 3-4 year old 61 plate MAX spec vehicles for services X7 and X8 making sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency. This service would also have a spare vehicle (shared with the X9) to improve reliability.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X9 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all jouneys and improve consistency.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X12 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on service X14 to make sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Full 1 year old MAX spec double deck vehicles on service X15 to improve reliability on this route and making sure that passengers can get a seat on all journeys and improve consistency.

- Relatively new MAX spec double deck vehicles on service X20 to further improve reliability and create new growth on this route with the extension to Alnwick. Would also encourage more passengers to use this service.

- Full MAX spec double deck allocation on services 35/35a to improve capacity at certain times and improve consistency.

- Service X93 would benefit from more powerful vehicles in the summer season to supplement the existing B9TLs on the route.

- The spare vehicle ratios would be improved and in the summer when the Scanias would go away to Redcar / Whitby, extra B7TLs whether they're ex-London or not, could be deployed to Ashington to be used if needed.

I reckon you could get all of that for about £10.
(30 Aug 2015, 12:45 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Do you have an estimated cost for all these, Davey?

what would happen to the wright streetlites on the 35/35a
(30 Aug 2015, 1:21 pm)buss14 wrote what would happen to the wright streetlites on the 35/35a

They'd be taken down to Swalwell Car Booty and flogged for a flag apiece.
Just had a quick look at the ANE Live Map to see if there are any massive delays, but most of the buses aren't being tracked...
(31 Aug 2015, 1:14 pm)mb134 wrote Just had a quick look at the ANE Live Map to see if there are any massive delays, but most of the buses aren't being tracked...

Funny that...  Rolleyes 

They've got today down as a normal Monday, all the timetables are displaying Mon-Fri online.
(31 Aug 2015, 1:16 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Funny that...  Rolleyes 

They've got today down as a normal Monday, all the timetables are displaying Mon-Fri online.

Haha, 

I'm in Aberdeen, curiosity got the better of me, actual Mon-Fri service up here, Olympians and everything! All Stagecoach and First though...
(31 Aug 2015, 1:18 pm)mb134 wrote Haha, 

I'm in Aberdeen, curiosity got the better of me, actual Mon-Fri service up here, Olympians and everything! All Stagecoach and First though...

Would hope it's a normal mon-Friday service with it not being a bank holiday in Scotland! Caught myself out, on the way back from Perth this morning there was Olympians galore out on works services!
(31 Aug 2015, 5:15 pm)Smarty93 wrote Would hope it's a normal mon-Friday service with it not being a bank holiday in Scotland! Caught myself out, on the way back from Perth this morning there was Olympians galore out on works services!

Aye, from the deserted roads to the train station this morning, the fact it was a bank holiday in England was deep in my mind, when arriving in Aberdeen I completely forgot about Scotland not having a bank holiday, but immediately remembered when I got to the bus station Wink