Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
Andreos1   04 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm
It may be less than a week old, but the routing of the 237 via Mulberry Way is causing some discussion.
Not sure sending it that way saves any time versus the 239, but it does mean it misses out at least 2 stops (depending on the direction) and potential passengers.
I think I pointed out previously that Mulberry Way doesn't have any stops at all.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Adrian   04 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm
(04 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote It may be less than a week old, but the routing of the 237 via Mulberry Way is causing some discussion.
Not sure sending it that way saves any time versus the 239, but it does mean it misses out at least 2 stops (depending on the direction) and potential passengers.
I think I pointed out previously that Mulberry Way doesn't have any stops at all.

What's it registered as? Normal stopping?

If there's no stops, then Mulberry way should be quiet enough to operate a hail and ride. Obviously depends on the registration like.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Andreos1   04 Mar 2016, 8:40 pm
(04 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)Adrian wrote What's it registered as? Normal stopping?

If there's no stops, then Mulberry way should be quiet enough to operate a hail and ride. Obviously depends on the registration like.

Without checking, I am not sure what the registration is.
It possibly is hail and ride in parts. Maybe around Old Penshaw and Queen Elizabeth Ave.

However, I am not sure Mulberry Way would be suitable for hail and ride. It was designed as a national speed limit road and the only housing on it, has the Sedgeletch Road stops a few hundred meters (if that) away.

NK53 TKT   08 Mar 2016, 4:44 pm
In the near future the Q3's route will be changing to go round Great Park, after Wagonway Drive, turning left along Rosedon Way. The people living on Rosedon Way don't want any change. Everyone else thinks it is a good idea. GNE want the Q3 to go in both directions round Great Park, in effect a Q3 and Q3A.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   09 Mar 2016, 2:06 am
Just a quick sum up of the Magic Bus name used by Stagecoach.

Was originally used on striped vehicles running in Glasgow against Strathclyde Transport from 1986, was used until 1992 when operations were sold to Kelvin Central Buses.

The Blue Magic Bus brand was first used in Manchester not long after Stagecoach aquired GM Buses South in 1996 and was used on various corridors, more notably the Wilmslow Road. The Brand is still in use today on the same corridor.

Magic Bus came to Newcastle in 1997 against HMB, later it disappeared not long after HMB went.

Magic Bus was reintroduced to Glasgow in 2002 in competition with First Glasgow who then introduced competiting services against Stagecoach Western on it's Kilmarnock to Ardrossan route. Magic Bus was closed down in Glasgow in 2006. Notably Magic Bus Glasgow used a lot of former Busways C-LFT Leyland Olympians.

Magic Bus and Magic Mini was used in Ayrshire against various operators. Notabley T&E Docherty in Irvine (Magic Mini) and against Ayrways (Using Magic Bus and Magic Mini) on services in Ayr and Prestwick. These were introduced in 2004 but were disbanded by the middle of 2005 when rival operators withdrew their services.

Magic Mini was briefly used in Inverness in a bus war against Scotbus in 2005.

Magic Bus was introduced to Liverpool mainly using Volvo B10M against various Arriva services around 2008/2009, again these were withdrawn when Merseyside PTE came up with Quality Bus Service Contracts on several corridors.

And finally Magic Bus was introduced in 2012 between Rotherham and Manvers using various Dennis Darts, the service was withdrawn in Autumn 2013.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Andreos1   03 Jun 2020, 11:53 am
I saw my first 925 yesterday, operated by 725. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't a soul on it (apart from the driver).

It got me wondering how many ocassions there can be when the fleet number matches the service number its operating. 
For example if the 638 was to make a comeback, but being operated by Optare Solo 638.

Charles41   03 Jun 2020, 1:20 pm
How about Weardale Motor Services X6. Many of their vehicles have a 6 in the registration.

Charles
omnicity4659   03 Jun 2020, 1:26 pm
(03 Jun 2020, 11:53 am)Andreos1 wrote I saw my first 925 yesterday, operated by 725. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't a soul on it (apart from the driver).

It got me wondering how many ocassions there can be when the fleet number matches the service number its operating. 
For example if the 638 was to make a comeback, but being operated by Optare Solo 638.

Powell's 87 in the Rotherham area used to run with a Scania decker numbered 87.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   04 Jun 2020, 12:12 pm
Really enjoyed reading this thread Smile
TEN 6083   04 Jun 2020, 12:44 pm
(27 Jul 2014, 9:39 am)L469 YVK wrote And on the other end of the foot, the November 2010 changes in the Tyne Valley didn't go down too well either.

I remember when they did that and was absolutely furious as the 604 went past my house when Arriva were running it, then when GNE took over and changed the route to avoid the housing estates and run to the front Street only I was not a happy bunny

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
LeeCalder   05 Jun 2020, 10:44 am
(26 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm)R852 PRG wrote Was it Classic that cheekily put 'We're Not Part of the Northern Group', or something underneath their name?

This thread is a fantastic find. Picking up on one from many years ago...

"Not Part of the Northern Group" which was carried on Classicliner vehicles, "Proud of our Quality" was a longstanding slogan.

"Often Underestimated" became the bus division slogan, with "Proud of our Quality" moving to the coaching division.
Pages (2)    1 2