Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
Drifter60   02 Jul 2023, 12:18 pm
(02 Jul 2023, 8:51 am)Rob44 wrote wasn't sure where to put this but here seems the most reasonable.

The fun police was getting a GNE bus back home from work and a bloke go on with £10 note,  She said the driver said to him just get on?  I thought this was a bit strange, surley a driver would have 8 quid in change?  Then last night on the 28b a bloke was going to let me on before him but he had been there longer than me and he got on with a tenner and the same thing happened? Then muggings ( me ) get on with 2 x £1 coins and i have to pay. to top it off he was still on the bus when i got off!! no wonder GNE are skink and i am skint to!!

I always thought the rule was they’d take the note and owe you the change. The hope being that the driver will have change by the time you get off or if not you’d have to apply/ring customer service to get the refund.
nova347   02 Jul 2023, 6:10 pm
(02 Jul 2023, 12:18 pm)Drifter60 wrote I always thought the rule was they’d take the note and owe you the change. The hope being that the driver will have change by the time you get off or if not you’d have to apply/ring customer service to get the refund.
Yer that happened before with me and with people who've gotten the bus while I've been on, they give the driver the note and get change when they get off.
Pages (2)    1 2