You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Disruptions and driver shortages

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages
(02 Jun 2024, 3:20 pm)54APhotography wrote Tell a customer when no bus appears in 60 minutes that it's bustimes not tracking...

And that comes from experience. Which now results in a much more reliable method of getting to Royal Quays.

9 to Jarrow for a 10. They seem to be the best option.

Not all have the option, or indeed the nous to be able to adapt.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Well yesterday only 3 buses were tracking, yet I know for a fact both 5452 and 8313 made up the remaining PVR as I seen them, but were not tracking. 8313 hasn't tracked for weeks but is on the 317 pretty much everyday.
(02 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm)Thomas12 wrote Well yesterday only 3 buses were tracking, yet I know for a fact both 5452 and 8313 made up the remaining PVR as I seen them, but were not tracking. 8313 hasn't tracked for weeks but is on the 317 pretty much everyday.
Missing the Ferry times has nothing to do with not tracking. 90%+ of customers don't use tracking or even the app tracker, it's when the bus is late that matters, Stagecoach more often than not made the connection. Nexus seem to be happy letting Go fail daily

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
I can count on one hand the number of times I missed the ferry when driving the 317... and I was a regular on there!

I have noticed that dwell times are longer with GNE, where Stagecoach had a mixture of drivers who did faster-paced city work with faster ticket machines.
I once got the ferry to north shileds expecting the 317 bus to be waiting but no sign of it. The ferry didn't seem late. Luck behold the 19 appeared and jumped on that and asked the driver about the 317 and he said it had already gone so im not quite sure it was all good when stagecach had it either. Give it to GCT that what i say
(02 Jun 2024, 5:59 pm)Rob44 wrote I once got the ferry to north shileds expecting the 317 bus to be waiting but no sign of it.  The ferry didn't seem late. Luck behold the 19 appeared and jumped on that and asked the driver about the 317 and he said it had already gone so im not quite sure it was all good when stagecach had it either.  Give it to GCT that what i say

I must say, GCT have significantly improved recently. Used to have regular issues with them but everything is pretty much fine now.
(02 Jun 2024, 6:08 pm)Thomas12 wrote I must say, GCT have significantly improved recently. Used to have regular issues with them but everything is pretty much fine now.

Driving standards seem to be just as bad as they always were on the 342 when I've been on it.
(02 Jun 2024, 9:17 pm)Shrek wrote Driving standards seem to be just as bad as they always were on the 342 when I've been on it.

Seems to be okay on the 335, but I think on the 335/351/359 they use ex Arriva drivers so maybe not as bad
It’s not always ok. Some drivers are excellent, others barely acknowledge you’re getting on the bus. Timing varies, the other week I missed a 351 despite being at the stop 3 minutes before it was due and didn’t see it on the way to the stop.Looking at Bus Times it was 5 minutes early and already on the Coast Rd. Last Friday couldn’t get on at St Mary’s Place as it was full and standing, those mini Enviro 200s are useless on there but that’s up to Nexus.
(03 Jun 2024, 8:41 am)RMF1254 wrote It’s not always ok. Some drivers are excellent, others barely acknowledge you’re getting on the bus. Timing varies, the other week I missed a 351 despite being at the stop 3 minutes before it was due and didn’t see it on the way to the stop.Looking at Bus Times it was 5 minutes early and already on the Coast Rd. Last Friday couldn’t get on at St Mary’s Place as it was full and standing, those mini Enviro 200s are useless on there but that’s up to Nexus.

Yeah, when Go North East/Arriva operated the service the Streetlites were often full at peaks times so you’d think Nexus would have an idea on the passenger loadings.
Most of the 21s I saw today had their side destinations showing as ON DIVERSION

Assuming it’s linked to the Tyne bridge closure last night but when they’ve diverted through lamesley which is for more regular, I’ve never seen them do this.

The only ones that didn’t have a diversion message on were the very few branded angels actually on the 21 so would guess it’s an input error on the code by the driver or just not changed from the previous night?
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Seen it quite often on the 2.2A when the road in Ryhope is flooded, its definetly something whcih should be used more often.

Should be used on NSA aswell, with a description of the issue
(12 Jul 2024, 8:44 am)Unber43 wrote Seen it quite often on the 2.2A when the road in Ryhope is flooded, its definetly something whcih should be used more often.

Should be used on NSA aswell, with a description of the issue

That would be rediculously impractical, you'd need several pre-recorded announcements and there's so many reason and you're then relying on the driver selecting the correct one.

My only issue with the on diversion screen is that it blanks the whole screen off - may be better if it just blanks the bottom line off keeping the destination on at all times.