You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

London Bus Operations

RE: London Bus Operations
(13 Jan 2024, 8:16 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Interesting, they don't seem to take the rest of the fleet off the road if it's a diesel bus that catches fire!

I guess it depends on whether there's a suspicion of some kind of inherent problem with the type.  Diesels are well known, so the cause of a fire is likely to be understood, whereas the new technology of an electric vehicle may indicate a hitherto hidden design problem.
Don't suppose anyone knows where I can find the total number of buses that TfL operate? Latest figure I can find was last March (8,643)
(10 May 2024, 6:52 pm)idiot wrote Don't suppose anyone knows where I can find the total number of buses that TfL operate? Latest figure I can find was last March (8,643)

I always think londonbusroutes.net is a pretty good site as they have a breakdown of buses per garage and operator, and a page all about Operational Details of each service

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/
Been down to smoke at weekend. I know it's well subsidised but I think it would half the car use up her I'd the motor ran as often as underground and the buses like down there. Only thing bad is the cost of the tube isntbhalf shootingnup and they use the same stupid zonal.systme the metro does! Brilliant aervice