You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(18 Apr 2015, 6:55 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote To clarify if it wasn't clear enough - by cancelling the X3 GNE lost my fare to the Metro, ie the train, not the MetroCentre, ie the shopping centre. I will still use the X66 when travelling between Gateshead and the MetroCentre. Yes Stagecoach's branding and slogans covering windows is also annoying and unnecessary - and that across front windows of Enviro 400's is the most unacceptable of all. At least Drifter 60 brought some sanity back to the replies to my comments that covering windows with anything is unnecessary, annoying and the result of ill-conceived design. Contravision does NOT give a clear or acceptable view and the majority of passengers, who are not obsessed by their electronic devices, want to look out of the windows. And my original complaint re the X66 was that the rearmost, (too) small window of the Streetlites has been obscured by the "X66" when there a is a large area below the window where it could have gone.

By sanity do you mean the answer you want to hear?

Contravision is fine. I'm not a fan of branding covering windows either - on the loop for example, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the reasons why branding is applied to buses (including the windows).
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote I am lead to believe that two of GNE's new Volvo B9's have arrived in the UK and are currently undergoing a PDI at Volvo.

Where have they been bodied?
(18 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote I am lead to believe that two of GNE's new Volvo B9's have arrived in the UK and are currently undergoing a PDI at Volvo.

Would this be Volvo at Washington by any chance?
(18 Apr 2015, 7:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote Wrights in Northern Ireland

Which is in the United Kingdom I believe . . .
(18 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm)G-CPTN wrote Which is in the United Kingdom I believe . . .

Back to being pedantic (mind you, i can't talk). I'm sure we had a similar incident a while back when Citaro said that all buses would be bodied in Ireland...we all knew exactly what he meant but people still kicked up a fuss.
(18 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm)G-CPTN wrote Which is in the United Kingdom I believe . . .

So yeah, they could be at a dealer in Northern Ireland getting a PDI done, there is plenty of them.
(18 Apr 2015, 10:03 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Bloody hell, it gets worse. 
Glad I didn't go I was not in the north east today
(18 Apr 2015, 11:16 am)citaro5284 wrote You see....its for the kids, they are loving it...
Still don't know why a Streetlite didn't turn up but a cardboard cutout of it reminds me of that episode of Benidorm where there went to a bull fight and it turned out the bull was a dog then Mel got electrocuted and came back to life 
The home of Martin O'Neil
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(18 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote That would be telling  Tongue

Might have to have a potentially wasted walk up there tomorrow, never know might be something else there from Wrights/Volvo Bus Wise, at least ill benefit from some exercise, will just have to remember not to walk up there via Ayton and instead go via Oxclose, as it is a right treck along to Volvo from the top of Ayton.
(18 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Might have to have a potentially wasted walk up there tomorrow, never know might be something else there from Wrights/Volvo Bus Wise, at least ill benefit from some exercise, will just have to remember not to walk up there via Ayton and instead go via Oxclose, as it is a right treck along to Volvo from the top of Ayton.

There's a red Renown in the yard. Or at least there was on Thursday.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm)aureolin wrote There's a red Renown in the yard. Or at least there was on Thursday.

Guessing that might be 4899, getting a new front end.
(18 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm)Malarkey wrote Guessing that might be 4899, getting a new front end.

Probably get 4845s front end since that'll probably just end up going up to Alpha anyway.
(18 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm)Robert wrote Back to being pedantic (mind you, i can't talk). I'm sure we had a similar incident a while back when Citaro said that all buses would be bodied in Ireland...we all knew exactly what he meant but people still kicked up a fuss.

Forgot about that.
If I remember correctly, there was some pedantry going on and genuine confusion.
There were some people who were looking at it from a geographical standpoint and others from a political or economic point of view.
Depending which way you look at 'Ireland', it can mean so many different things.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(19 Apr 2015, 6:45 am)leestransportphotos wrote I got told yesterday that the X66 vehicles would be in service today, anyone know?

5332 is working the 07:58 X66 from Metrocentre to Gateshead.
So annoying when I see the 35 coming from heworth every morning towards Sunderland completely empty. What a stupid idea there's no demand for it. Maybe 1 an hour is enough. You have the metro and x36. Scrapped the x3 as no one used it so what's the reason for the 35. Should of kept it running to shields. I reckon it may get curtailed at Sunderland before Branding even appears. Maybe axe 33 33a and put the35 back in Silksworth 
(19 Apr 2015, 10:10 am)Acky81 wrote So annoying when I see the 35 coming from heworth every morning towards Sunderland completely empty. What a stupid idea there's no demand for it. Maybe 1 an hour is enough. You have the metro and x36. Scrapped the x3 as no one used it so what's the reason for the 35. Should of kept it running to shields. I reckon it may get curtailed at Sunderland before Branding even appears. Maybe axe 33 33a and put the35 back in Silksworth 

It's a Sunday, NEXUS fund it to Heworth but maybe, have it half hourly to Boldon Cinema and then Hourly to Heworth, if passenger numbers aren't to good to Heworth, then they can use some funding for a different service. 

Numbers are decent during the week, hence why the frequency increased to every 15 mins and the 33/33A was introduced, although people still rather get on the Stagecoach 12, seen a lot of people let the 33/33A go and get on the 12. 

X3 wasn't doing good because it followed the metro...... they got told... use or it goes. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 10:14 am)Michael wrote It's a Sunday, NEXUS fund it to Heworth but maybe, have it half hourly to Boldon Cinema and then Hourly to Heworth, if passenger numbers aren't to good to Heworth, then they can use some funding for a different service. 

Numbers are decent during the week, hence why the frequency increased to every 15 mins and the 33/33A was introduced, although people still rather get on the Stagecoach 12, seen a lot of people let the 33/33A go and get on the 12. 

X3 wasn't doing good because it followed the metro...... they got told... use or it goes. 

Weekday morning journeys leaving heworth run with the driver n fresh air I see this every morning
(19 Apr 2015, 10:39 am)Acky81 wrote Weekday morning journeys leaving heworth run with the driver n fresh air I see this every morning

How many journeys do you see, if u don't mind me asking, as they have leaving Heworth at 6:18am, 6:48am, 7:18am, 7:48am and 8:21am?

Hmm, seems no one wants to travel to Heworth on a morning... maybe email NEXUS and mention it?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 10:43 am)Michael wrote How many journeys do you see, if u don't mind me asking, as they have leaving Heworth at 6:18am, 6:48am, 7:18am, 7:48am and 8:21am?

Hmm, seems no one wants to travel to Heworth on a morning... maybe email NEXUS and mention it?

I'm in the area any time from 630am to 11am there's no demand a solo bus would be sufficient 
(19 Apr 2015, 10:43 am)Michael wrote How many journeys do you see, if u don't mind me asking, as they have leaving Heworth at 6:18am, 6:48am, 7:18am, 7:48am and 8:21am?

I'd suggest the tidal flow would be towards Heworth on a morning from Boldon rather than the other way around? The peripheries of the route won't be hugely overcrowded either.... Loads will build up en route

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(19 Apr 2015, 10:47 am)tyresmoke wrote I'd suggest the tidal flow would be towards Heworth on a morning from Boldon rather than the other way around? The peripheries of the route won't be hugely overcrowded either.... Loads will build up en route

Ye that would be likely, i wonder if NEXUS would increase it going to Heworth during the day to, maybe hourly?, numbers on the 35 seems to be alright since the change.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(19 Apr 2015, 10:54 am)Tommy_1581 wrote Go Smarter promoting the 19 in Ashington via post.

Worth mentioning that the extra 19s on a night are operated by one of the two red Volvo B9s - you don't get to see double deckers on the 19 usually due to the low bridge at Percy Main.
Not gonna quote it, as it'll take half of the page up.

Iv'e never being on the 19, how are passenger numbers?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Apr 2015, 10:54 am)Michael wrote Ye that would be likely, i wonder if NEXUS would increase it going to Heworth during the day to, maybe hourly?, numbers on the 35 seems to be alright since the change.

It does ok on North estates as it just replaced the 29 But the heworth to Boldon section is poor