You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
I think once the announcement came for the B9s being ordered fr the 47, it became prety clear that the omnis were going onto the Toon Link and i have to admit, the livery looks better than what i thought it would. As for the Red Kite decker, it looks nice too but i hope the places served aren't just a small strip going along on the actual thing. What a waste of space...
(20 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm)Michael wrote The New ToonLink one was already posted, not sure about the Red Kite one. 

Thanks Michael. I've seen the Toonlink one now!

I've reported Tommy for posting it before me.  Cool
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(20 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm)Robert wrote I think once the announcement came for the B9s being ordered fr the 47, it became prety clear that the omnis were going onto the Toon Link and i have to admit, the livery looks better than what i thought it would. As for the Red Kite decker, it looks nice too but i hope the places served aren't just a small strip going along on the actual thing. What a waste of space...

The front part of the B9 looks really bare, maybe could of had a smaller Red Kite on it, maybe bigger writing, i do however like the really big kite kite at the back. 

Will the 47 remain at Riverside?

How will GNE withdraw the B10's, will it be 15 B10's for 15 Streetlites, with orders atm and cascades, how many B10's will remain in service after all the Streetlites and the 4 B9's are in service? (Not including future orders, as nothing has being announced) 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)aureolin wrote Thanks Michael. I've seen the Toonlink one now!

Hahaha!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)aureolin wrote Thanks Michael. I've seen the Toonlink one now!

I've reported quoted post and a previous post for posting it after me and then reporting me.  Cool
Few findings from my trip out today:

5392, 5393 and 5394 entered service today on the X66 although 5391 was not on the X66 while I was there (5394 pictured below)
[Image: 17027605749_16f9cc1f8b.jpg]
Go North East: 5394 / NK15 ENE by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

Omnicity 5242 is the latest Omnicity to be painted black.
[Image: 17006146607_f68a284471.jpg]
Go North East: 5242 / NK56 KHL by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

StreetLite 5409 in Chester-le-Street depot.
[Image: 17026311650_28a80a5a93.jpg]
Go North East: 5409 / NK15 ENY by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr
(20 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm)Michael wrote The front part of the B9 looks really bare, maybe could of had a smaller Red Kite on it, maybe bigger writing, i do however like the really big kite kite at the back. 

Will the 47 remain at Riverside?

How will GNE withdraw the B10's, will it be 15 B10's for 15 Streetlites, with orders atm and cascades, how many B10's will remain in service after all the Streetlites and the 4 B9's are in service? (Not including future orders, as nothing has being announced) 

By mind Michael....all we need it a black leather chair, with you been Magnus Magnusson...!!
(20 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm)citaro5284 wrote By mind Michael....all we need it a black leather chair, with you been Magnus Magnusson...!!

haha! 

All i wanted to know was if it was gonna be 15 B10's for the 15 Streetlites  and so on Tongue Sad
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
To see if it would be logical to move the 47 from Riverside to Stanley without the need to redo the timetable, i did a couple of google map things (average timings). There is only one that i did where Riverside would be the best option. For Chopwell Road, these are where the first two journeys of the day start - i imagine the timings wouldnt be affected massively for the others which start at River View.
.png From Riverside to Chopwell Road.png
.png from Stanley to Chopwell Road.png
.png From Winlaton Mill to Riverside.png
.png From Winlaton Mill to Stanley.png
(20 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm)Michael wrote Oh dear, you were first! 
I have a Photo on my Camera of what Streetlites will look like once Branded, as there was an advert on board 5241 of it, will post it when I am back home unless its been posted already, cba to troll through pages and pages of posts.
(20 Apr 2015, 5:02 pm)aureolin wrote Go North East have uploaded 'paper buses' of the new Toonlink brand, along with the decker version of the Red Kite.

[Image: 2482.png]

[Image: 2481.png]

I'm pretty impressed with both I have to say. The Toonlink brand especially looks fantastic. 

Not sure what Greg in Weardale will think about the bird of prey on his windows mind.  

Dan, do you know if they're retrimming the interior or even upgrading the seats to the GNE standard for the new B9s? Not a huge issue I know, but it keeps them consistent if they were to be reallocated in the future?

Try this website. It may help?

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=...ourly_Rate
(20 Apr 2015, 5:48 pm)Robert wrote To see if it would be logical to move the 47 from Riverside to Stanley without the need to redo the timetable, i did a couple of google map things (average timings). There is only one that i did where Riverside would be the best option. For Chopwell Road, these are where the first two journeys of the day start - i imagine the timings wouldnt be affected massively for the others which start at River View.

Remember thou, it is not just buses starting/finishing at the end of the day, it is also crew reliefs during the day and the drivers clocking on/off.  If it remains at Riverside the drivers clock on and are on the bus within 5 mins (at the Metrocentre), however Stanley drivers which start/finish at Consett have to travel back to Stanley, so there is extra time there, therefore adding extra cost onto the service.
(20 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm)Malarkey wrote I have a Photo on my Camera of what Streetlites will look like once Branded, as there was an advert on board 5241 of it, will post it when I am back home unless its been posted already, cba to troll through pages and pages of posts.

Thought you would have spotted it on the website by now Tongue 

.png RED KITE.PNG
(20 Apr 2015, 6:00 pm)Robert wrote Thought you would have spotted it on the website by now  

Been out all day Robert and im still not home yet.
(20 Apr 2015, 5:02 pm)aureolin wrote Go North East have uploaded 'paper buses' of the new Toonlink brand, along with the decker version of the Red Kite.

[Image: 2482.png]

[Image: 2481.png]

I'm pretty impressed with both I have to say. The Toonlink brand especially looks fantastic. 

Not sure what Greg in Weardale will think about the bird of prey on his windows mind. Tongue 

Dan, do you know if they're retrimming the interior or even upgrading the seats to the GNE standard for the new B9s? Not a huge issue I know, but it keeps them consistent if they were to be reallocated in the future?

Cannot wait to see that big bird on the side, guess it will look stunning.....poor Greg, just dont sit at the back.

I would think retrimming the seats is highly unlikely at this stage....they are OK, we tested them this afternoon  Big Grin
(20 Apr 2015, 6:00 pm)citaro5284 wrote Remember thou, it is not just buses starting/finishing at the end of the day, it is also crew reliefs during the day and the drivers clocking on/off.  If it remains at Riverside the drivers clock on and are on the bus within 5 mins (at the Metrocentre), however Stanley drivers which start/finish at Consett have to travel back to Stanley, so there is extra time there, therefore adding extra cost onto the service.

Never even thought about that. Maybe i'm just getting too eager to ride a B9 Tongue 
Had a ride on one of the new X66 StreetLite's:

Thought it was okay obliviously that's the best I can say about a StreetLite, like I said when we saw photos of the interior I'd wait until I saw one in the flesh before giving my opinion on the interior and I thought it was okay in person. Found the seats pretty comfortable although it was only a short journey. Have to mark it down as the ledge on the fire door seemed to have muck on it which is poor especially for a new bus.

So I thought that these buses were alright.
(20 Apr 2015, 6:27 pm)Jimmi wrote Had a ride on one of the new X66 StreetLite's:

Thought it was okay obliviously that's the best I can say about a StreetLite, like I said when we saw photos of the interior I'd wait until I saw one in the flesh before giving my opinion on the interior and I thought it was okay in person. Found the seats pretty comfortable although it was only a short journey. Have to mark it down as the ledge on the fire door seemed to have muck on it which is poor especially for a new bus.

So I thought that these buses were alright.

Which part of society normally sit in them seats?!
(20 Apr 2015, 6:05 pm)citaro5284 wrote Cannot wait to see that big bird on the side, guess it will look stunning.....poor Greg, just dont sit at the back.

I would think retrimming the seats is highly unlikely at this stage....they are OK, we tested them this afternoon  Big Grin

Aye it'll look fantastic I think! Hopefully they can do something jazzy to make it wrap the back, but I'll remain in suspense for now! Smile
(20 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm)Dan wrote As such, 4979 has been sent to Saltmeadows Road for paint preparation ahead of its repaint into corporate livery.

Lee, this "I told you so" attitude won't do you any favours. I don't think anyone actually said you were wrong - a few users just responded by saying even the most well-respected enthusiasts can be wrong sometimes. You were told that the Streetlites would be entering service yesterday, but they didn't. In fact, they weren't even allocated at the start of play today. Branded vehicles replaced the Scania L94s and 5332 one by one from about 09:00am!

New Streetlite 5392 pictured below:
[Image: 17027705669_6a532c568d.jpg]Go North East: 5392 / NK15EMX by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
I was joking calm down 
(20 Apr 2015, 8:39 pm)leestransportphotos wrote I was joking calm down 

It didn't look like you were joking to me mind! Smile 

Perhaps consider using the smilies or adding an acronym to suggest that you are joking? It's hard for people to tell otherwise, and that's why the likes of "lol" and such first came about.
Sorry but I'm just trying to cheer myself up - I had some devistating news today from within my family and I'm just trying to perk myself up a bit
(20 Apr 2015, 6:05 pm)citaro5284 wrote Cannot wait to see that big bird on the side, guess it will look stunning.....poor Greg, just dont sit at the back.

Branding for Toon Link and Red Kite 47 (Decker) looks great....But... Side destination panel may confuse if / when buses run off route i.e. Not all ToonLinks use Business Park/ Scotswood Road & Red Kite (47) is only common to Rowlands Gill - Could this not cause confusion to visitors on the ToonLink generally and when equipment is subsituted (a much wider issue - I would agree, where depot managers allocating vehicles must be made much more aware of the importance of marketing - in terms of bus allocated to correct brand - which has been appalling for months) If we have too many routes, where depots can't cope with correct allocation, maybe thisneeds to be addressed so that marketing routes is deliverable 100%
Will the Omnicities get WIFI when they move over to the Toonlink?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm)Michael wrote Will the Omnicities get WIFI when they move over to the Toonlink?

doubt it.
Just curious how would I go about getting GNE to have a look at CCTV on board Citylink Versa 5384, As when I boarded 5384 the driver showed a complete lack carelessness as I boarded he opted to close the doors on my trailing left leg, I must of literally stepped on board as he hit the button for the doors to close for that to occur, he was in a rush to jump the Green Light so he didnt have wait at the Lights heading into Gateshead from the High Level Bridge which where I got on, not only that I didnt even get an apology nor did he check if I was ok.
(20 Apr 2015, 10:02 pm)Malarkey wrote Just curious how would I go about getting GNE to have a look at CCTV on board Citylink Versa 5384, As when I boarded 5384 the driver showed a complete lack carelessness as I boarded he opted to close the doors on my trailing left leg, I must of literally stepped on board as he hit the button for the doors to close for that to occur, he was in a rush to jump the Green Light so he didnt have wait at the Lights heading into Gateshead from the High Level Bridge which where I got on, not only that I didnt even get an apology nor did he check if I was ok.
Complaint through Customer Services or by messaging one of the social media accounts. Customer Services will then inform depot management who can check CCTV to see if an incident occurred.
(20 Apr 2015, 10:08 pm)Simmy wrote Complaint through Customer Services or by messaging one of the social media accounts. Customer Services will then inform depot management who can check CCTV.

Thanks for that Simmy, Think I will ring them in the Morning, as I still havent received any feedback from a Previous Complaint I made a few weeks back, probably chase that up with them also. 
(20 Apr 2015, 10:15 pm)leestransportphotos wrote If you complete a form online you don't get a response mate.

Well thats not good customer service then is it, please make a complaint via using our form online and we will back to you is what I was told on Facebook, was going to go in for a refund as well after waiting 30 Minutes in the Rain a few weeks for the 2 from Lambton to Sunderland.