You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(23 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm)Robert wrote An image of the full branding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/17...otostream/

when i saw it i was coming from the depot and then as i reentered the bus station i was lost for words i didn't at all expect it to happen today
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Where is "Up to every 30 minutes" ?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

4979 is back from the paintshop. Parked up in Gateshead also in red.
(23 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm)tyresmoke wrote Where is "Up to every 30 minutes" ?

I don't get that either...i suppose the 8/78 routes are both every 30 minutes but surely they'd want to advertise the service as every 15 minutes where the services run the same route. I may have possibly let a tounge in cheek comment past there too.
(23 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm)Robert wrote I don't get that either...i suppose the 8/78 routes are both every 30 minutes but surely they'd want to advertise the service as every 15 minutes where the services run the same route. I may have possibly let a tounge in cheek comment past there too.

How much of the 2 routes are the same?
(23 Apr 2015, 4:39 pm)Adam wrote 4979 is back from the paintshop. Parked up in Gateshead also in red.

So any guessing as to where these are heading, since now 4978 and 4979 are red.....  Angel
(23 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote How much of the 2 routes are the same?

Not a lot now the 8 has been rerouted. They meet at Pelton just before the low bridge and follow the same route to Chester-le-street and then after that, not at all (except 8A which follows the same route as the 78/78A from Hastings Hill to Sunderland City Centre) 
(23 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Chester-le-Street to Pelton. If you include serving bus stations - Park Lane and Stanley. 

(23 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm)Robert wrote Not a lot now the 8 has been rerouted. They meet at Pelton just before the low bridge and follow the same route to Chester-le-street and then after that, not at all (except 8A which follows the same route as the 78/78A from Hastings Hill to Sunderland City Centre) 

Based on your replies, then I would say showing 30 mins is probably right then.
(23 Apr 2015, 4:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote So any guessing as to where these are heading, since now 4978 and 4979 are red.....  Angel

To the 57, dropping the FAB 57 brand Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(23 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm)tyresmoke wrote Where is "Up to every 30 minutes" ?

The combined frequency for those customers travelling between the main calling points (Sunderland, Chester-le-Street and Stanley) is every 15. Because the routes of each service differ between those calling points (even more so following routing changes late last year between Washington and Sunderland on service 8), it was more appropriate to advertise the service as 'up to every 30' (ie the frequency of each route separated).

At peak times, four buses per hour are provided on service 8, but this is between Washington Galleries and Waterview Park only (an 8 minute journey time).
(23 Apr 2015, 4:54 pm)citaro5284 wrote So any guessing as to where these are heading, since now 4978 and 4979 are red.....  Angel

Stanley Maybe? So all 4 Red Omnicites can move across to Riverside along with the Black Toonlink ones. 4978-4981 being direct replacements for those and 4982 will allow the withdrawal of 4847. 
(23 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Stanley Maybe? So all 4 Red Omnicites can move across to Riverside along with the Black Toonlink ones. 4978-4981 being direct replacements for those and 4982 will allow the withdrawal of 4847. 

5250/3/4/73 are all required on services. The most logical thing to do would be either move them onto the 57 or 67/69 replacing the Cadets. I imagine 5401 will do the job of replacing 4847 too.
(23 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Stanley Maybe? So all 4 Red Omnicites can move across to Riverside along with the Black Toonlink ones. 4978-4981 being direct replacements for those and 4982 will allow the withdrawal of 4847. 

I think they'll transfer to Percy Main for services 9 and 17
(23 Apr 2015, 6:05 pm)Robert wrote 3942 is the latest vehicle to have the destination switch problem thing (I'm so technical! Tongue )

[Image: 17059992729_076fc1549a.jpg]3942 by LVNWtransFoto, on Flickr

Talking of broken things - 5244 and 5246's blinds are still broken.

Anyway, they really do need to update the branding on 3942.
(23 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote How much of the 2 routes are the same?

Don't know why it has Washington on the side of the streetlite, as 78 doesn't go to Washington, should only have the points listed where the 2 services meet each over.

(23 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm)cbma06 wrote Don't know why it has Washington on the side of the streetlite, as 78 doesn't go to Washington, should only have the points listed where the 2 services meet each over.

Service 8 goes to Washinghton.
(23 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm)cbma06 wrote Don't know why it has Washington on the side of the streetlite, as 78 doesn't go to Washington, should only have the points listed where the 2 services meet each over.

Or one route on each side of the bus.
Or... Something like the 194/294 had - https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/simplybuse...861310041/
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Could argue about Consett being on the side becaUse service 8 goes there. Doesn't make any different. The vehicle is advertising 2 routes not one.
(23 Apr 2015, 7:07 pm)Robert wrote Could argue about Consett being on the side becaUse service 8 goes there. Doesn't make any different. The vehicle is advertising 2 routes not one.

Should have both routes listed along the side of the streetlite.

Does anybody know when the Scania deckers are coming up from Brighton !!!!!

Also 3875 broke down this afternoon on the X21 just outside Bishop Auckland.
(23 Apr 2015, 7:38 pm)pdiddy wrote Does anybody know when the Scania deckers are coming up from Brighton !!!!!

Also 3875 broke down this afternoon on the X21 just outside Bishop Auckland.

Should be soon, as Brighton's Streetdekkers have started to enter service.

Think they'll go for a referb first so they are up to GNE standard...probs get WIFI to.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Firstly, sorry for the late reply... Thanks to those who gave some info regarding my questions to GNE recruitment. Ive still not come to a conclusion on whether to apply or not, I'm kind of committed at my current job for the time being, so I may wait a while. However as one of you suggested I should maybe go along to the Stadium of Light recruitment day for a look and chat. That way I may get some questions answered for the future when the time is right for me to apply.

I seen one of the new X66 Streetlites on the 11A yesterday morning, in Prudhoe, they look rather good!

What are the Scania Omnidekkas going to be used for when they arrive from Brighton, also what age are these buses expected to be, also what buses are they going to replace?

Why did GNE decide to get rid of their bendy-buses? after all the ones used on X66 weren't that old as 57 reg vehicles.

Also I take it the Bendys from X40 have also gone now, is this route to get new vehicles?

I've also seen some ex-simplicity 11 reg Versa's around still purple in colour, are these vehicles waiting to be re-branded?

Sorry for the questions, although my bus interest goes back some 30 years or more now, I still don't vast knowledge.
I read this forum quite regular and enjoy the info on here, I also enjoy looking at the various photos on Flikr ! Great stuff, Keep up the good work folk !!! 

Many Thanks.
(23 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm)thetravelman wrote Firstly, sorry for the late reply... Thanks to those who gave some info regarding my questions to GNE recruitment. Ive still not come to a conclusion on whether to apply[Image: arrow-10x10.png] or not, I'm kind of committed at my current job for the time being, so I may wait a while. However as one of you suggested I should maybe go along to the Stadium of Light recruitment day for a look and chat. That way I may get some questions answered for the future when the time is right for me to apply.

I seen one of the new X66 Streetlites on the 11A yesterday morning, in Prudhoe, they look rather good!

What are the Scania Omnidekkas going to be used for when they arrive from Brighton, also what age are these buses expected to be, also what buses are they going to replace?

Why did GNE decide to get rid of their bendy-buses? after all the ones used on X66 weren't that old as 57 reg vehicles.

Also I take it the Bendys from X40 have also gone now, is this route to get new vehicles?

I've also seen some ex-simplicity 11 reg Versa's around still purple in colour, are these vehicles waiting to be re-branded?

Sorry for the questions, although my bus interest goes back some 30 years or more now, I still don't vast knowledge.
I read this forum quite regular and enjoy the info on here, I also enjoy looking at the various photos on Flikr ! Great stuff, Keep up the good work folk !!! 

Many Thanks.

The artics had high running costs and the X40 is to be merged with the Quaylink services under the number Q3. Im guessing Citaro will know something regarding the 11 reg versas. Whether he will reveal it or not is another question Tongue