You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
(21 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm)John_R wrote As already stated child fares in Tyne & Wear are for under 16's and child fares elsewhere in Arriva NE are for 14 years and under - which in my opinion is a strange cut off point, although when I was 14 around 8 years ago I didn't get queried by a driver for buying a child's fare until I was 16.

Teesside is under 16 too but yes generally it is 14

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(21 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm)John_R wrote As already stated child fares in Tyne & Wear are for under 16's and child fares elsewhere in Arriva NE are for 14 years and under - which in my opinion is a strange cut off point, although when I was 14 around 8 years ago I didn't get queried by a driver for buying a child's fare until I was 16.

14 was when the POP card (what was the CAT ticket), was supposed to kick in.
Anyone under 5 - free.
5-16 paid child fare - with the POP card, proof that you were under 16.

It seems to be the case now, that without id, a child can be charged adult fare, even if blatantly a kid.

Obviously Co Durham, Northumberland have their own schemes and now operators can seemingly do what they like, with the examples discussed evidence of that.
Stagecoach have 90p singles now, joining GNE in that respect.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
Stagecoach couldn't give a toss with regards to issuing child tickets to those who should be paying adult fare (in Sunderland, at least).

Have plenty of friends aged between 17 and 19 who still ask for an 85p single when they board and no questions are asked. They certainly don't look Under 16 never mind Under 14... Those who don't have a Key Card don't get on GNE buses as they can blag a cheaper single on a SNE bus.
I think stagecoach have the attitude of 'let the person get the ticket, it's their fault if their caught out' cause I still used the 85p single until one day an inspector told me I had to start buying fully fares!
(22 Apr 2015, 9:13 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [Image: 57305157.jpg]

Not if Arriva tell me I can Wink 

Also are there any roadworks in Ashington, everything coming out seems to be very late...
(17 Apr 2015, 10:19 pm)northern156 wrote With there only being two Jesmond-based 85/685 Omnicities in service a couple of weeks ago, things looked a lot better today as I noticed & passed three Arriva services being Omnicity-operated; one of them would've been either local or at Jesmond though as I noticed 4663 working 1407 685 Carlisle to Newcastle.

For the mileage that is put on them, I think they're very respectable machines - even though I have a general hatred of them, especially of that God-awful seating (still!) - reminds me of my chair I use at my PC, it's all worn down and starts to make your backside numb after 30 mins or so!!

Think yourself lucky you don't have Temsas.
(19 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm)mb134 wrote The difference between the colours is very small though, is it not? Either way, I'm sure they won't have missing vinyls on said panel.  

It ruins the image of the premium brand, it looks scruffy, and as a potential passenger would you want to be getting on a bus that has clearly been in an accident? 

Don't think the average passenger would give a toss, so long as it turned up.
How does the 44 do between Dinnington and Morpeth?
Just that when I've seen it, it seems to be empty more or less.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12...ef=mr&lp=3

Absolutely disgraceful actions by the driver, especially on a Max route. Yes it isn't always easy to tell your typical fare evader from someone who has made a genuine mistake, however not allowing the gentleman to buy another ticket is downright shocking.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(22 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm)northern156 wrote http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12...ef=mr&lp=3

Absolutely disgraceful actions by the driver, especially on a Max route. Yes it isn't always easy to tell your typical fare evader from someone who has made a genuine mistake, however not allowing the gentleman to buy another ticket is downright shocking.

Although this might sound harsh - I'd sack the driver
(22 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm)Davie wrote Although this might sound harsh - I'd sack the driver

Treating a customer who offered to pay the rest of the fare to Stockton like that is disgusting, i wouldn't be surprised if that happens.
(22 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm)Robert wrote Treating a customer who offered to pay the rest of the fare to Stockton like that is disgusting, i wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Neither would I 
(22 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm)northern156 wrote http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/12...ef=mr&lp=3

Given the Northern Echo's track record and stuff I've heard from Darlington drivers - I'd reckon the reality is a bit different

(22 Apr 2015, 8:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote Given the Northern Echo's track record and stuff I've heard from Darlington drivers - I'd reckon the reality is a bit different

DARLINGTON NEEDS A BUS STATION!!!

Sorry I had to make that joke.
(22 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm)Jimmi wrote DARLINGTON NEEDS A BUS STATION!!!

Sorry I had to make that joke.

The only thing is quite a lot of election adverts from parties on either side of the political spectrum have that in their leaflets I've received....but they don't say where they'd put one.

I'd imagine there's more to the X66 story than shown in the Echo, as that is usually the case.
(22 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm)mb134 wrote Also are there any roadworks in Ashington, everything coming out seems to be very late...

Just a load of traffic yesterday.

Cba to use the bus today, I let my mam use the bus and I still arrived home quicker by walking because its becoming useless. I caught a 1 on the way there, that was late, then I saw a late X21 whizz past on North Seaton Road...? Are they allowed to use the full length of North Seaton Road?
Photos from the MAX X1 launch with 1593 being the StreetLite in attendance.

[Image: 17246377555_fcdaea37ba.jpg]Arriva North East: 1593 / NK15 AAN by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 17060069659_91efeae8a0.jpg]Arriva North East: 1593 / NK15 AAN by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 17245757711_43ebced314.jpg]Arriva North East: 1593 / NK15 AAN by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

[Image: 17058530958_8d0ecfd411.jpg]Arriva North East: 1593 / NK15 AAN by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr
(23 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm)Michael wrote I think its for the 7, as the 24 are getting the Pulsers?

The 24 is getting two Enviro 400's too. 
(23 Apr 2015, 7:51 pm)Tom wrote The 24 is getting two Enviro 400's too. 

Oh right, must of missed that post about it. oops!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Apr 2015, 7:51 pm)Tom wrote The 24 is getting two Enviro 400's too. 

It sure is - 7539 will be one of them, whichever other E400 escaped branding for the 7 will be the other one...

(23 Apr 2015, 7:51 pm)northern156 wrote Brilliant pics Jimmi, I'm not too keen on Jesmond's 306 Micro Hybrids but I generally don't hate them. Be interesting to see them in service.
Thanks.

I have been for a ride on 1590 and I thought it was alright, bit slow down the A68 but other than that I thought it was quite alright when I rode it from Darlington to Bishop Auckland Bus Station.
(23 Apr 2015, 7:59 pm)tyresmoke wrote It sure is - 7539 will be one of them, whichever other E400 escaped branding for the 7 will be the other one...

Would assume 7540 will be the other?