You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(11 May 2015, 10:42 pm)Davie wrote Does anybody know what happened to 1416, or have I just missed a post about it?
After it was refurbished to MAX standard for Belmont it transferred to Blyth in exchange for 7610 then it transferred to Darlington to provide an additional spare MAX bus for services X26/X27 and X66 with 1493 going to Blyth in exchange.
(11 May 2015, 10:45 pm)Jimmi wrote After it was refurbished to MAX standard for Belmont it transferred to Blyth in exchange for 7610 then it transferred to Darlington to provide an additional spare MAX bus for services X26/X27 and X66 with 1493 going to Blyth in exchange.

Cheers Jimmi Smile
4654 driving southbound on A19 with bonnet open. In service too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12 May 2015, 8:07 am)Andreos1 wrote 4654 driving southbound on A19 with bonnet open. In service too.

Will be our early X21 run, last few days now. I know who's on it as well lol

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 May 2015, 8:47 am)tyresmoke wrote Will be our early X21 run, last few days now. I know who's on it as well lol

On seeing the exposed engine, I thought it was NIS, had been in a bump and was being driven back by a fitter.
As I got closer and realised the lid was up, my opinion hadn't changed - maybe engine problems and it had got stuck. Still presuming a fitter was behind the wheel.

As I pulled alongside, I noticed it was still in service and a driver was in the cockpit.

Couldn't really get his attention.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Just re read the subject of the email Arriva sent me today, do they proof read?

"New Form Submisison" how is that even possible?! 
Just had a reply from my complaint regarding the X1 breakdown asking for a refund:

I am writing following the problem you encountered with a route X1 bus service.

The manager of Darlington depot has now completed his investigation and reported his findings back to me. The bus suffered a mechanical breakdown which caused a disruption to the service. We pride ourselves on having a thorough preventative maintenance system but on this occasion a fault developed beyond our control. Where possible we endeavour to put an alternative vehicle on route, but on this day we had no suitable replacement vehicle available.

Furthermore, in regards to the refund that was requested for this journey we unfortunately cannot process this due to the fact that there were other X1 services available to you after that journey.

However please accept my sincere apologies for the delay caused to your journey. Do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service team should you encounter any further problems.

Can understand fully. However not too impressed I had to wait another 30 minutes ish for the next X1 to arrive, it's clearly advertised the money-back guarantee on the vehicles.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(12 May 2015, 5:58 pm)northern156 wrote Just had a reply from my complaint regarding the X1 breakdown asking for a refund:

Can understand fully. However not too impressed I had to wait another 30 minutes ish for the next X1 to arrive, it's clearly advertised the money-back guarantee on the vehicles.

But X1 is a MAX service, and therefore covered under their 'no quibble' money back guarantee? By definition, they can't argue at your request for a refund.

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/about-us/max-...om-arriva/

I'd be pointing this out and request the complaint to be escalated.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(12 May 2015, 6:03 pm)aureolin wrote But X1 is a MAX service, and therefore covered under their 'no quibble' money back guarantee? By definition, they can't argue at your request for a refund.

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/about-us/max-...om-arriva/

I'd be pointing this out and request the complaint to be escalated.

Ha'way, aureolin, you're expecting too much here...

Have we established if there's any terms and conditions associated with the 'no quibble' money back guarantee yet?
(12 May 2015, 6:15 pm)Dan wrote Ha'way, aureolin, you're expecting too much here...

Have we established if there's any terms and conditions associated with the 'no quibble' money back guarantee yet?

Absolutely none!

It's no quibble though, so you can't argue about the terms around it. Big Grin 
(12 May 2015, 6:29 pm)northern156 wrote Exactly what I was on about regarding the no-quibble guarantee. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Do you reckon it's worth a shot?

Aye of course. I've got one on the way for the X12.
(12 May 2015, 11:49 am)Andreos1 wrote On seeing the exposed engine, I thought it was NIS, had been in a bump and was being driven back by a fitter.
As I got closer and realised the lid was up, my opinion hadn't changed - maybe engine problems and it had got stuck. Still presuming a fitter was behind the wheel.

As I pulled alongside, I noticed it was still in service and a driver was in the cockpit.

Couldn't really get his attention.

The Omnicity engine doors come open far too easily sometimes... And they're "too heavy" for one person to close on their own, I believe this policy has been in place since a driver got lifted up in the air in a depot lol

(12 May 2015, 7:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote The Omnicity engine doors come open far too easily sometimes... And they're "too heavy" for one person to close on their own, I believe this policy has been in place since a driver got lifted up in the air in a depot lol
Is this not dangerous, especially if the bus was in traffic with a car behind, or does the door not open outwards?
(12 May 2015, 7:57 pm)mb134 wrote Is this not dangerous, especially if the bus was in traffic with a car behind, or does the door not open outwards?

Nah the engine door opens upwards I think. 
(12 May 2015, 6:55 pm)aureolin wrote Aye of course. I've got one on the way for the X12.

Spot on, cheers Adrian - flagged it up for tomorrow as I'm too tired doing it tonight Smile

(12 May 2015, 7:53 pm)tyresmoke wrote The Omnicity engine doors come open far too easily sometimes... And they're "too heavy" for one person to close on their own, I believe this policy has been in place since a driver got lifted up in the air in a depot lol

It wasn't you, was it? Tongue 
(12 May 2015, 8:21 pm)aureolin wrote It wasn't you, was it? Tongue 

Haha no was a Durham driver a few years ago I think! Or so the story I was told anyway Tongue

Just noticed this on the Arriva website (changes from the 22nd March)

Service 35/35A: Morpeth – Ashington – North Seaton – Newbiggin

All journeys will run via North Seaton Demesne, giving Manley View, Summerhouse Lane and South Side new frequent links to Ashington, Morpeth and Newbiggin.
Buses will continue to run up to every 15 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes (hourly in the evening and on Sundays). However, there will be minor alterations to the timetable to improve punctuality and as a result of the route change at North Seaton.
Service 57 will continue to serve North Seaton Demesne as now. However, over the next few months, we will be consulting customers and local residents about alternative destinations for this service.

Service 57 to be rerouted?
(13 May 2015, 8:15 pm)Tom wrote Just noticed this on the Arriva website (changes from the 22nd March)

Service 35/35A: Morpeth – Ashington – North Seaton – Newbiggin

All journeys will run via North Seaton Demesne, giving Manley View, Summerhouse Lane and South Side new frequent links to Ashington, Morpeth and Newbiggin.
Buses will continue to run up to every 15 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes (hourly in the evening and on Sundays). However, there will be minor alterations to the timetable to improve punctuality and as a result of the route change at North Seaton.
Service 57 will continue to serve North Seaton Demesne as now. However, over the next few months, we will be consulting customers and local residents about alternative destinations for this service.

Service 57 to be rerouted?
Do you mean 22nd May not March.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(13 May 2015, 8:16 pm)danpick wrote Do you mean 22nd May not March.

No - I was reading over the changes for the 22nd March and I noticed the 57 could be rerouted in a few months. 
(13 May 2015, 8:18 pm)Tom wrote No - I was reading over the changes for the 22nd March and I noticed the 57 could be rerouted in a few months. 
Ah, Ok.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(14 May 2015, 10:50 am)Jimmi wrote  1596 now has Sapphire 22 branding. It is operating the 1137 22 from Durham.

1598 also now has Sapphire 22 branding and was parked in Durham Bus Station at 1145.

As does 1601 which was reported last night. As a result of these, im guessing all vehicles are now branded?
(14 May 2015, 3:54 pm)Robert wrote As does 1601 which was reported last night. As a result of these, im guessing all vehicles are noq branded?

Not all the StreetLite's are branded, saw 1595 with no branding on the 24 earlier.
(12 May 2015, 6:55 pm)aureolin wrote Aye of course. I've got one on the way for the X12.

Good news! Got this email back earlier:

Thank you for taking your time to write to us.

I do apologise for the confusion here. You are correct in regards to the MAX service’s “No-Quibble Money-Back Guarantee” so I will be sending you a free journey voucher in the post today. You should hopefully receive this by tomorrow.

Can you please confirm whether this would be ok to do?

Big Grin