You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Had a ride on 6119 this morning, was running around 8 mins late, but managed to catch it from the metro centre.

Much improved journey, so all round quite happy with them even if they are a little warm!
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
Quick question:

Which B9's are 260bhp and 310bhp? Is it like this:

310BHP = 6001 - 6007, 6043 - 6055
260BHP = 6071 - 6121
(17 May 2015, 10:35 am)DaveyBowyer wrote On another note, I think that the 14 new vehicles could be for the following:

- 13 + 1 spare for the Crusader (don't know the type but probably deckers).
- 12 + 2 spare deckers for Citylink with the Versas going on the Crusader.
- 14 new deckers for the Red Arrows with 2 Gemini's remaining as spares (1 of them does additional workings) owing to their provision of free Wi-Fi and NSA's.

I don't think it will be the Coaster because if it was, then they'd order either 1 or 2 spare vehicles on top.

[Image: Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg]
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(17 May 2015, 10:35 am)DaveyBowyer wrote On another note, I think that the 14 new vehicles could be for the following:

- 13 + 1 spare for the Crusader (don't know the type but probably deckers).
- 12 + 2 spare deckers for Citylink with the Versas going on the Crusader.
- 14 new deckers for the Red Arrows with 2 Gemini's remaining as spares (1 of them does additional workings) owing to their provision of free Wi-Fi and NSA's.

I don't think it will be the Coaster because if it was, then they'd order either 1 or 2 spare vehicles on top.

my pennys worth is, the 14 new buses will go on the quaylink/X40 services, while the ex Deptford plain purple versas will go on the orbit for the extension to Newcastle via Q1 route, then the ex quaylink buses will go to Peterlee for East Durham services.  Tongue

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of the non DDA compliant vehicles left in the fleet please?
TIA
The Volvo B10BLEs, Dennis Trident/East Lancs Loylne, and Volvo Olympian vehicles are not DDA compatible. You can use northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet to have a fleet list of these vehicles Smile.
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 5:46 pm)Richyyk wrote Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of the non DDA compliant vehicles left in the fleet please?
TIA

(17 May 2015, 5:57 pm)Simmy wrote The Volvo B10BLEs, Dennis Trident/East Lancs Loylne, and Volvo Olympian vehicles are not DDA compatible. You can use northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet to have a fleet list of these vehicles Smile.

To see at a glance which vehicles are not-DDA compliant, it may be easier to use Go North East's 'Fleet Allocation' document. This is available here - fleet numbers which are underlined are those vehicles which are not DDA-compliant.

The single deckers have to be replaced by 1 January 2016 and the double deckers by 1 January 2017, or these vehicles have to undergo modifications to make them DDA-compliant.
(17 May 2015, 5:59 pm)Dan wrote To see at a glance which vehicles are not-DDA compliant, it may be easier to use Go North East's 'Fleet Allocation' document. This is available here - fleet numbers which are underlined are those vehicles which are not DDA-compliant.

The single deckers have to be replaced by 1 January 2016 and the double deckers by 1 January 2017, or these vehicles have to undergo modifications to make them DDA-compliant.

The non DDA havent been underlined for ages now
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 6:21 pm)JP6004 wrote The non DDA havent been underlined for ages now

My apologies - just ignore me!

There's a very similar document to the one on the Enthusiast Area e-mailed around to us, which does include the non-DDA vehicles underlined. Hadn't realised there was any differences!
(17 May 2015, 6:24 pm)Dan wrote My apologies - just ignore me!

There's a very similar document to the one on the Enthusiast Area e-mailed around to us, which does include the non-DDA vehicles underlined. Hadn't realised there was any differences!

They did have them underlined for 2 weeks or so then stoped Sad
Might be better putting it in this thread, I'm hoping to ride the AD122 next Saturday - does anyone know the best way to ride both vehicles?

I'm hoping to go in the afternoon, but struggling to put together a decent plan.
(17 May 2015, 7:08 pm)Tom wrote Might be better putting it in this thread, I'm hoping to ride the AD122 next Saturday - does anyone know the best way to ride both vehicles?

I'm hoping to go in the afternoon, but struggling to put together a decent plan.

Incase your gonna use a Get Around/Explorer they aren't valid annoyingly.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(17 May 2015, 7:17 pm)danpick wrote Incase your gonna use a Get Around/Explorer they aren't valid annoyingly.

Aye I'll probably get a £7.50 Child Day Ticket.
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 7:08 pm)Tom wrote Might be better putting it in this thread, I'm hoping to ride the AD122 next Saturday - does anyone know the best way to ride both vehicles?

The best way to travel on both buses is to travel all the way from Hexham to Haltwhistle, then to remain on that bus to Once Brewed or Housesteads (the latter being a risky - though achievable in my experience - connection) on the return to Hexham, jumping off here and getting the next AD122 to Haltwhistle and then return to Hexham.
(17 May 2015, 7:25 pm)Dan wrote The best way to travel on both buses is to travel all the way from Hexham to Haltwhistle, then to remain on that bus to Once Brewed or Housesteads (the latter being a risky - though achievable in my experience - connection) on the return to Hexham, jumping off here and getting the next AD122 to Haltwhistle and then return to Hexham.

Great thanks Dan Smile

Will the driver allow me to remain on the bus? 
Site Administrator
(17 May 2015, 7:26 pm)Tom wrote Great thanks Dan Smile

Will the driver allow me to remain on the bus? 

If you've got a day ticket, then there's no reason why you wouldn't be allowed. The driver may question where you intend on travelling to, perhaps wondering if you are lost, but I wouldn't worry about that.
(17 May 2015, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote If you've got a day ticket, then there's no reason why you wouldn't be allowed. The driver may question where you intend on travelling to, perhaps wondering if you are lost, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Just say you know Citaro and the driver will back down as their scared. Smile
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(17 May 2015, 7:28 pm)Dan wrote If you've got a day ticket, then there's no reason why you wouldn't be allowed. The driver may question where you intend on travelling to, perhaps wondering if you are lost, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Excellent, thanks Smile

Looking forward to riding it!
I noticed the Red Kite streetlites don't have the CCTV Screens, do new purchases no longer have these?

Why did GNE originally fit these on vehicles/order them, is it something to do with the law ?
(17 May 2015, 7:43 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote I noticed the Red Kite streetlites don't have the CCTV Screens, do new purchases no longer have these?

Why did GNE originally fit these on vehicles/order them, is it something to do with the law ?

I'm not sure but - They were so annoying! And still are! I hate seeing myself on the screen
(17 May 2015, 7:43 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote I noticed the Red Kite streetlites don't have the CCTV Screens, do new purchases no longer have these?

Different system now.

Nothing more than a deterrent I'd imagine. There's certainly no law to provide a monitor to view the CCTV being recorded.
(17 May 2015, 8:09 pm)leestransportphotos wrote I'm not sure but - They were so annoying! And still are! I hate seeing myself on the screen
I also hate them, especially when you can see people watching you on the screen - it is tempting to give them a hand gesture. It makes me feel sketchy too - for God's sake I am just selecting another album to listen to on my iPod!
(17 May 2015, 8:17 pm)Jimmi wrote I also hate them, especially when you can see people watching you on the screen - it is tempting to give them a hand gesture. It makes me feel sketchy too - for God's sake I am just selecting another album to listen to on my iPod!

I remember the novelty of them, back when the Omnis first went on the 21. You'd always get some dick at the back putting his face right up to the camera in time for it changing on the screen. Big Grin 
(17 May 2015, 8:15 pm)aureolin wrote Nothing more than a deterrent I'd imagine. There's certainly no law to provide a monitor to view the CCTV being recorded.

Is there any law which states buses have to be fitted with CCTV?

I may be wrong but I'm certainly not aware of one.
Yes all buses should have CCTV for security & accidents. Its the law.

However CCTV Screen on buses are only showing what is happening on the bus if anything goes wrong or accident then CCTV Admin from depot has looks and reports it.
(17 May 2015, 9:43 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Yes all buses should have CCTV for security & accidents. Its the law.

However CCTV Screen on buses are only showing what is happening on the bus if anything goes wrong or accident then CCTV Admin from depot has looks and reports it.

There is no such law that buses should have CCTV for security and accidents. The only requirement for CCTV is a staircase view on the upper deck of a double decker if there is no internal mirror set up, achieved on most modern double deckers by the camera mounted right at the front.
(17 May 2015, 9:43 pm)Panasonic44 wrote Yes all buses should have CCTV for security & accidents. Its the law.

Can you point me towards the piece of legislation or regulation which states this?

Not saying that you're wrong or anything - I'm just interested to know where I can find it.

(17 May 2015, 9:58 pm)cumbria0902150 wrote There is no such law that buses should have CCTV for security and accidents. The only requirement for CCTV is a staircase view on the upper deck of a double decker if there is no internal mirror set up, achieved on most modern double deckers by the camera mounted right at the front.

That was my impression.
@Dan I know how hard you work on destination displays but annoyingly (not the end of the world though) the driver of the 35a that went up holmside just after 2335 ish had his destination set as he was terminating in the city centre from Houghton way and not Heworth.