You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Whats made you happy today?
(31 May 2015, 10:31 am)TDavie wrote A you guys know, I don't like my photos, so this gives me lots of confidence:

He is trolling or spamming you, he does it to everyone 
Marxista Fozzski
(31 May 2015, 1:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote He is trolling or spamming you, he does it to everyone 
I get a few who seem to favourite most of my photos...

It really pisses me off if I upload multiple pictures...in the past I have uploaded 20/30/40 photos and 1 or 2 fave'd the lot
(31 May 2015, 1:11 pm)MrFozz wrote I get a few who seem to favourite most of my photos...

It really pisses me off if I upload multiple pictures...in the past I have uploaded 20/30/40 photos and 1 or 2 fave'd the lot

This was why I blocked Ryan the Bus Spotter because he would go on my photostream about once a month and would fave almost everything I had uploaded that month and I was uploading quite a lot at that point so it was really annoying have my phone going off non stop for about 3 minutes seriously it was that bad my phone could have been used as an alternative to buying a sex toy it vibrated for so long every time he'd fave my photos Big Grin

I like getting favourites from people on Flickr whether it be people who favourite a few of my photos every time I upload or people who favourite my photos less often, was quite nice to have gotten a few different people favourite the photos I uploaded last night along with some of the usual people so this made me quite happy last night Smile
Marxista Fozzski
(31 May 2015, 3:00 pm)Jimmi wrote This was why I blocked Ryan the Bus Spotter because he would go on my photostream about once a month and would fave almost everything I had uploaded that month and I was uploading quite a lot at that point so it was really annoying have my phone going off non stop for about 3 minutes seriously it was that bad my phone could have been used as an alternative to buying a sex toy it vibrated for so long every time he'd fave my photos Big Grin

I like getting favourites from people on Flickr whether it be people who favourite a few of my photos every time I upload or people who favourite my photos less often, was quite nice to have gotten a few different people favourite the photos I uploaded last night along with some of the usual people so this made me quite happy last night Smile
Is it possible to block specific people from giving likes on your photostream, I would not want to bar it all together for everyone, just for certain users
(01 Jun 2015, 12:02 pm)MrFozz wrote Is it possible to block specific people from giving likes on your photostream, I would not want to bar it all together for everyone, just for certain users
Yes, but I can't remember how off the top of my head and I am out at the moment but I think if you go on the person(s) accounts you want to block I think if you click on the persons profile page there is a button that says something like block user on there somewhere. Doing this will mean they still will be able to view your Flickr but will be unable to comment and favourite your photos.

It seems that GCT driver has blocked me
(01 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm)Jimmi wrote Yes, but I can't remember how off the top of my head and I am out at the moment but I think if you go on the person(s) accounts you want to block I think if you click on the persons profile page there is a button that says something like block user on there somewhere. Doing this will mean they still will be able to view your Flickr but will be unable to comment and favourite your photos.

I think she blocked most bus enthusiasts
Marxista Fozzski
(01 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm)Jimmi wrote Yes, but I can't remember how off the top of my head and I am out at the moment but I think if you go on the person(s) accounts you want to block I think if you click on the persons profile page there is a button that says something like block user on there somewhere. Doing this will mean they still will be able to view your Flickr but will be unable to comment and favourite your photos.

(01 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm)Davie wrote I think she blocked most bus enthusiasts
Is that in response to MalarkeyPhotogate

Will have a look through the settings and see if I can figure it out Big Grin
(01 Jun 2015, 2:55 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Got myself a new iPad Air (original, exactly the same as iPad Air 2.).

Much nicer than the mini - also comes with them smiley things but they don't work
I've just got the normal iPad. Think it's the 4th Gen retina one? I fancy an iPad mini as the size is a bit more practical for me, but then I started looking at Xperia tablets and the Microsoft Surface as alternatives.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(01 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm)aureolin wrote I've just got the normal iPad. Think it's the 4th Gen retina one? I fancy an iPad mini as the size is a bit more practical for me, but then I started looking at Xperia tablets and the Microsoft Surface as alternatives.

I think it's an iPad Mini I have at work. It's a nice size - don't think it's too much larger than my phone actually.

I much prefer my Galaxy Tablet at home, though... Truth be told, that's perhaps my familiarity with Android speaking there.
(01 Jun 2015, 4:31 pm)Dan wrote I think it's an iPad Mini I have at work. It's a nice size - don't think it's too much larger than my phone actually.

I much prefer my Galaxy Tablet at home, though... Truth be told, that's perhaps my familiarity with Android speaking there.

Although I prefer Android, me and my mam got 2 tablets (1 each) last year and we've had problems with them since 
as i posted earlier on in the Go North East latest news (June) in reply to the post our very own Dan wrote about 524 being withdrawn i am officially glad 524 has been withdrawn from Hexham now i need 5165 and 4924 to follow suit
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(01 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm)Racer_Experience wrote as i posted earlier on in the Go North East latest news (June) in reply to the post our very own Dan wrote about 524 being withdrawn i am officially glad 524 has been withdrawn from Hexham now i need 5165 and 4924 to follow suit

I think that might still have a good couple of years left in it yet.
(01 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm)Racer_Experience wrote as i posted earlier on in the Go North East latest news (June) in reply to the post our very own Dan wrote about 524 being withdrawn i am officially glad 524 has been withdrawn from Hexham now i need 5165 and 4924 to follow suit

You'll miss the MPDs and Renowns once they're withdrawn. I quite miss the DAFs, and I never though I'd say that...
(01 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm)aureolin wrote You'll miss the MPDs and Renowns once they're withdrawn. I quite miss the DAFs, and I never though I'd say that...

I miss Deltas, Spectras and Sigmas 
Whats made you happy today?
(01 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm)aureolin wrote You'll miss the MPDs and Renowns once they're withdrawn. I quite miss the DAFs, and I never though I'd say that...

I know for a fact I'll miss the Renowns; so fantastic I don't know how to describe them. Nearly everything is spot on with them, still going strong despite their age. One of my only gripes is that the dual-door examples seem to have this weird smell, that I can only associate to cabbage (think that's just me!). My two nemesis; 4904 (Gary the Snail from SpongeBob could do Consett-Sunderland faster than that thing!!) and 4925 (just an awful ride, seats were all squeaking, the interior was disgusting, when I had it from Sunderland to Jarrow on the 9) are the only two I'll happily see the back of. However, if either of those two are the last ones standing...Wink

I too miss the Prestiges. I know I've said it before, but the engine noises produced by those machines go through my head nearly every day - absolute monsters.
(01 Jun 2015, 5:40 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I too miss the Prestiges. I know I've said it before, but the engine noises produced by those machines go through my head nearly every day - absolute monsters.

The 'Airport' DAFs (4983-4988) were the best in the fleet imo.
(01 Jun 2015, 5:42 pm)Robert wrote The 'Airport' DAFs (4983-4988) were the best in the fleet imo.

Can vividly remember the roar of 4983-4987 when they departed Chester-le-Street with a 28/28A to Newcastle. I remember, when my grandad was still alive, I would sometimes wait specifically for the 28/28A to go the long way around to Pelton, rather than quickly head up on a Renown. Roughly 25 minutes on one was enough to make the day, 4984 was the best in my opinion, always seemed to have a bit of extra power when pulling away, and that brilliant sound of the DAF engine. Big Grin

To think I used to skip the opportunity to ride a Renown in favour of a Prestige, if there was a Prestige that could be revived for one day; I would pay a fortune to do a round trip on the 28 to Newcastle, then back on the 28A.

The saying ''appreciate what you've got while you've still got it'' really does come to mind a lot, I already miss seeing the ''Lime'' livery out on the streets.
Couple of things over tha past two days :
Great bus driver this morning, credit to him, managed to make up time through Bedlington even though people were getting on at pretty much every stop.

Managed to do "turn in the road" in my driving lesson last night Big Grin

In a reasonably happy mood, despite my Chemistry exam today...
Been on "study leave" this week, although I've been in school on Monday and Tuesday for Biology and Chemistry revision sessions (and exams), after my Maths exam this morning (don't have a clue how that went), I'm off for the next day and a half, with a final maths exam on Friday. 

So nice to know I'm off while others are still in Wink 
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 10:41 am)mb134 wrote Been on "study leave" this week, although I've been in school on Monday and Tuesday for Biology and Chemistry revision sessions (and exams), after my Maths exam this morning (don't have a clue how that went), I'm off for the next day and a half, with a final maths exam on Friday. 

So nice to know I'm off while others are still in Wink 

Luckily for me, I don't have to go to school ever again from tomorrow (apart from results day - but that doesn't count)! Tongue 

ICT exam this afternoon, and Business Studies tomorrow morning. I can't wait until it's over.
I helped one of my teachers sort out her son's Key Card and POP Card for the forthcoming school year, as he is moving into secondary school.

She lives near Shiney Row, and showed me on Google Maps where her nearest stop was. After saying ''my son has never seen any buses with the numbers I've told him to get on'', I replied; ''no, he won't be having much luck if you're telling him to get on the 194 and the 294!!''.

Still can't help but wonder how on earth she can remember those two numbers, but had to think for her own house number when filling on one of the forms! Tongue
Having a ride to Mecca Bingo and back to Gateshead on A-Lines Optare Excel (HIL 6812), And listening to the OAPs giving the Driver abuse when he was 7 Minutes Late cause they would miss the start of the Bingo.
(03 Jun 2015, 3:08 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I helped one of my teachers sort out her son's Key Card and POP Card for the forthcoming school year, as he is moving into secondary school.

She lives near Shiney Row, and showed me on Google Maps where her nearest stop was. After saying ''my son has never seen any buses with the numbers I've told him to get on'', I replied; ''no, he won't be having much luck if you're telling him to get on the 194 and the 294!!''.

Still can't help but wonder how on earth she can remember those two numbers, but had to think for her own house number when filling on one of the forms! Tongue

The 194 is written in to Shiney Raa' folklore man. Smile 
(03 Jun 2015, 7:30 pm)aureolin wrote The 194 is written in to Shiney Raa' folklore man. Smile 

Seems to be! When I told her the 194/294 was now the 4, she said ''what's the 4? If that's every 4 minutes he'll have no problem getting to school then''..... I was lost for words.

Then when I mentioned the 78....''you mean the 778?''...Tongue