You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
(04 Jun 2015, 12:43 pm)Jimmi wrote 572 is back in service at Crook on the 18 today and looks to have been given a seat re-trim.

Yes it's back at crook... and yes it's had a full retrim. Believe they've been donated from the MPD that had the accident in Sunderland recently 
Hi Guys,

Did the Toonlink Scania Omnicitys, get any internal refurb or was it just an external re-paint into Black?

I must say I've seen a few on the road now and I think they look very smart! Much better than the old Purple Toon link livery. I even like the Omnicity when they were in plain Black before receiving Toon Link Vinyls
I understand a couple of you work for GNE, but a daft question, how many of you on this forum do work for GNE or any other bus operator and what job do you do with them?
(04 Jun 2015, 9:01 pm)thetravelman wrote Hi Guys,

Did the Toonlink Scania Omnicitys, get any internal refurb or was it just an external re-paint into Black?

I must say I've seen a few on the road now and I think they look very smart! Much better than the old Purple Toon link livery. I even like the Omnicity when they were in plain Black before receiving Toon Link Vinyls

Just in to black i think, the livery looks much better than the old version.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(04 Jun 2015, 9:04 pm)thetravelman wrote I understand a couple of you work for GNE, but a daft question, how many of you on this forum do work for GNE or any other bus operator and what job do you do with them?

Oh, you'd be surprised at how many read the forums from the big three - ranging from drivers all the way up to senior management..!

Most remain anonymous, and some lurk in the dark corners of the forum and only come out to read the latest goings on.
20 & 20a diverted and can't serve Cleadon. I was surprised at bottom of Sandy Chare on the E6 and it give way to a 20 on Moor Lane!
Site Administrator
"Northern" branded Scania L94UB 5229 has returned to service at Hexham, though Riverside's Volvo B7RLE 4979 has yet to return from Thorntons.
(04 Jun 2015, 9:29 pm)Dan wrote Oh, you'd be surprised at how many read the forums from the big three - ranging from drivers all the way up to senior management..!

Most remain anonymous, and some lurk in the dark corners of the forum and only come out to read the latest goings on.

I wonder if someone in the planning/commercial department of Go North East could go onto this forum and view the GNE suggestion page and give their points of view of members suggestions to see if their could improve their bus services, or give advice of why not its not viable to change that service etc... etc..., theirs been a lot of suggestions (some good and some not so good) on the forum but it would be good to get feedback from GNE on this forum Undecided

Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm)Davie wrote 5241 needs it's blind fixed - https://www.flickr.com/photos/109436376@...ed-public/

(03 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote 5241 has had intermittent issues for over a year now. Trouble is, when it comes to getting it fixed, there's nothing ever wrong with it!

It was certainly fine when I programmed the destination, and was when it first entered service.

Brand new destination fitted - problem has been fixed.
(05 Jun 2015, 8:16 am)Dan wrote "Northern" branded Scania L94UB 5229 has returned to service at Hexham, though Riverside's Volvo B7RLE 4979 has yet to return from Thorntons.

Thought it was a transfer 5229 saw it in Jarrow on 5 I was Heading home when I saw it The other day
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
RTC near Lobley Hill affecting service 97. Diversions are in place and delays should be expected.
(05 Jun 2015, 10:34 am)Racer_Experience wrote Thought it was a transfer 5229 saw it in Jarrow on 5 I was Heading home when I saw it The other day

Remember, another bus working out of a different depot doesnt always mean that it is a transfer. In quite a lot of situations recently, veichles have been loaned to other depots for short periods of time.
(05 Jun 2015, 3:37 pm)Robert wrote Remember, another bus working out of a different depot doesnt always mean that it is a transfer. In quite a lot of situations recently, veichles have been loaned to other depots for short periods of time.

true i remember i have seen a few lolynes to Deptford, i had 4993 once on 27 on loan from Percy Main, Cobalt Clipper Citaro on 97, a really rare working a WDS (West Durham Swift on 88/88A) when i told some of my mates they were like WTF or said OMG thats rare
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Go North East

‪#‎X1‬ service will terminate at Hetton interchange due to a serious RTA at Easington Lane closing the road
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2015, 4:47 pm)Simmy wrote 5203 was on loan to Peterlee this morning. Was working the 206.

It was working the board which runs the mornings 201, daytime 206 and scholars 807, usually a wtx working

Sorry I don't at the minute.
Does anybody know if any South Tyne versas are off the road as the past few days the majority of the buses have been cadets, merits or solars on the 88? even 5359 made a appearance!
Also 8252 is still in service today, I think its the last 52 Reg cadet at Washington though its days might be over as the last merit to transfer from Riverside has or is going to transfer in the next few days.        it was working the 88 today.            someone correct me if im wrong.
(05 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Sorry I don't at the minute.
Does anybody know if any South Tyne versas are off the road as the past few days the majority of the buses have been cadets, merits or solars on the 88? even 5359 made a appearance!
Also 8252 is still in service today, I think its the last 52 Reg cadet at Washington though its days might be over as the last merit to transfer from Riverside has or is going to transfer in the next few days.        it was working the 88 today.            someone correct me if im wrong.

Malarkey posted on the Rare and Odd workings thread that 8294 was on the 82
(05 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Also 8252 is still in service today, I think its the last 52 Reg cadet at Washington though its days might be over as the last merit to transfer from Riverside has or is going to transfer in the next few days.        it was working the 88 today.            someone correct me if im wrong.

8248, another 52 reg Cadet is also still in active service at Washington. One Cadet does however need to be withdrawn with the arrival of Merit 8265 with the final one being withdrawn by 8262 so yes, the 52 reg cadets at Washington does have very few days left.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know what is currently at SM for a repaint?

Riverside-based Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse 4980 (NK54 NUM) is still presently at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery, though I believe it is now ready to be returned to Riverside.

I haven't been noting the repaints of the former "Red Kite" branded Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity vehicles, given that they were all in storage and were being repainted as and when, but 5236 (NK56 KHD), 5239 (NK56 KHG) and 5240 (NK56 KHH) have all been repainted black and should be branded as "Toon Link" soon. As soon as they are branded, they'll be ready to go out on the road! I think more or less all of these vehicles have now been repainted.

(05 Jun 2015, 8:22 pm)Robert wrote 8248, another 52 reg Cadet is also still in active service at Washington. One Cadet does however need to be withdrawn with the arrival of Merit 8265 with the final one being withdrawn by 8262 so yes, the 52 reg cadets at Washington does have very few days left.

Not quite...

DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8248 (NA52 BVE), whilst still presently within the Washington fleet, is not actually active. It is currently off the road and has been for the past ten days. Although its replacement did arrive at Washington (as noted in this post), VDL SB120/Wright Merit 8263 (NK04 ZKZ) was returned to Riverside for repairs after its transfer to Washington. When it returns, and 8264 (NK04 ZLE) transfers, both 8248 (NA52 BVE) and 8252 (NA52 BVJ) will be withdrawn officially.
(05 Jun 2015, 8:34 pm)Dan wrote Riverside-based Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse 4980 (NK54 NUM) is still presently at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery, though I believe it is now ready to be returned to Riverside.

I haven't been noting the repaints of the former "Red Kite" branded Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity vehicles, given that they were all in storage and were being repainted as and when, but 5236 (NK56 KHD), 5239 (NK56 KHG) and 5240 (NK56 KHH) have all been repainted black and should be branded as "Toon Link" soon. As soon as they are branded, they'll be ready to go out on the road! I think more or less all of these vehicles have now been repainted.

Cheers Dan, what will go in after these for repaint?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm)Michael wrote Cheers Dan, what will go in after these for repaint?

The revised "QuayLink" services come into fruition at the end of July - I think we'll see some Optare Versas going in for repaint shortly! 
(05 Jun 2015, 8:34 pm)Dan wrote Not quite...

DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8248 (NA52 BVE), whilst still presently within the Washington fleet, is not actually active. It is currently off the road and has been for the past ten days. Although its replacement did arrive at Washington (as noted in this post), VDL SB120/Wright Merit 8263 (NK04 ZKZ) was returned to Riverside for repairs after its transfer to Washington. When it returns, and 8264 (NK04 ZLE) transfers, both 8248 (NA52 BVE) and 8252 (NA52 BVJ) will be withdrawn officially.

Dan do you know what day will 8263 transfer back to Washington?
(05 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm)Dan wrote The revised "QuayLink" services come into fruition at the end of July - I think we'll see some Optare Versas going in for repaint shortly! 

About time! Tongue 

Any more details on the changes for services, as in Q1 merging with 51/52?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2015, 8:45 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Dan do you know what day will 8263 transfer back to Washington?

Unfortunately I don't.

If I remember, I'll note the transfer on the forum. I've probably got quite a few updates to do on the fleet lists, and I'll try and get to these at some point this weekend.

(05 Jun 2015, 8:45 pm)Michael wrote About time! Tongue 

Any more details on the changes for services, as in Q1 merging with 51/52?

I think Go North East will reveal details of the plans for the "QuayLink" services on their website soon.
(05 Jun 2015, 8:47 pm)Dan wrote Unfortunately I don't.

If I remember, I'll note the transfer on the forum. I've probably got quite a few updates to do on the fleet lists, and I'll try and get to these at some point this weekend.

I think Go North East will reveal details of the plans for the "QuayLink" services on their website soon.

Hopefully this will sort out the reliability problem with the 51/52 if they are merged with the Q1.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Does anyone know if any more of the Omnidekkas are out, or any more will be out tomorrow? Hoping to have a ride on one, as well as an Olympian.